Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    The whole problem with Ranger's Weak Bullet has nothing to do with Ranger being crap or good.
    If you're complaining about Ranger strength, you're probably thinking in terms of playing alone.
    Weak Bullet is something that affects everyone present.

The problem is that, in terms of combat speed in a GROUP, Ranger Weak Bullet is a necessity.
    It increases everyone's damage by... what was it, 300%?
    Do any of the other classes have anything remotely similar? I don't think so.
    It's literally impossible for any other class to match the epeed of Weak Bullet.
    Shifta is probably the closest thing, and it's nowhere near the effectiveness of Weak Bullet.

In order to fix the problem, every other class should have an equivalent contributing ability.
    Something that assists all players to the point of obtaining roughly the same result.
    Of course, the game would then need to be rebalanced around that.
    Or you could avoid power creep and just remove the problem instead of giving everyone a means of matching the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmf View Post
    I'm curious on why they called it "Ultimate Quest" instead of "Ultimate Mode"... hopefully I'm worrying over nothing.
    You need Ultimate Passes to play Ultimate Difficulty which cost Ultimate Capsules which you get by converted 20 Extreme Passes and 10 D, E, and F Advance Capsules into half an Ultimate Pass which you have to craft into a full one with Planet Crystals that you get through hunts. The planet crystal you use to craft determines where you can use Ultimate Pass i.e. if you use a Vopar crystal you can only use the Ultimate Pass for one run in Ultimate Vopar.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Aug 16, 2014 at 05:15 AM.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an EQ or an XQ type of thing instead of a straight up difficulty.

Would make sense as a XQ thing. That would be very EXTREME.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    The whole problem with Ranger's Weak Bullet has nothing to do with Ranger being crap or good.
    The problem is that, in terms of combat speed, Ranger Weak Bullet is a necessity.
    It increases everyone's damage by... what was it, 300%?
    Do any of the other classes have anything remotely similar?
    Shifta is probably the closest thing, and it's nowhere near the effectiveness of Weak Bullet.

In order to fix the problem, every other class should have an equivalent contributing ability.
    Something that assists all players to the point of obtaining roughly the same result.
    Of course, the game would then need to be rebalanced around that.
    People keep saying this kind of stuff but I honestly think weakbullet is too strong flat out. That shouldn't be the standard that everyone is used to, and the fact that it became that, and then they started balancing bosses around it is a big problem for future balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyItsTHK View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was an EQ or an XQ type of thing instead of a straight up difficulty.

Would make sense as a XQ thing. That would be very EXTREME.
    It might be a whole new quest type rather than a difficulty, like AQs or something. As long as it's not timegated somehow I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    You need Ultimate Passes to play Ultimate Difficulty which cost Ultimate Capsules which you get by converted 20 Extreme Passes and 10 D, E, and F Advance Capsules into half an Ultimate Pass which you have to craft into a full one with Planet Crystals that you get through hunts. The planet crystal you use to craft determines where you can use Ultimate Pass i.e. if you use a Vopar crystal you can only use the Ultimate Pass for one run in Ultimate Vopar.
    Sounds about right for Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmf View Post
    I'm curious on why they called it "Ultimate Quest" instead of "Ultimate Mode"... hopefully I'm worrying over nothing.
    According to the road map there's a new difficulty for some EQs, no mention of a general new difficulty. Also, holy !@#$ this was long.

Guys, there's also something about a new quest type, I doubt Ultimate is ONLY gonna be a new difficulty for EQs. Let's not forget that we're likely only getting ultimate for forest. It's probably the new quest type, not difficulty.

The Ultimate world's sky looks like the dimensional crack that Xiao brought the mothership from.

Messing with time and space bringing about a disaster? Sounds about right.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Uh.
    Forest dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Yeah Ultimate is probably canon-related.

PSO1 never had a reason for Ultimate nor did it really need to explain it, but I guess here they dont have the luxury of following the PSO1 Ultimate formula of new looks and new enemies without explaing it like they did back in 2000.