Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

there's no story in this game.
    sometimes i play without the patches and it feels the same. wouldn't have mattered if it was translated or not :P.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    there's no story in this game.
    sometimes i play without the patches and it feels the same. wouldn't have mattered if it was translated or not :P.
    There is definitely a story in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatre52 View Post
    There is definitely a story in this game.
    He meant there's no good story in this game.

by mmo standards by ep2's matter boards its pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Oh dear. I seem to have touched a nerve.

Let's get one thing straight right now: I'm no PSO fan. At least, not as much as half these guys here. I just happen to find the gameplay and graphics attractive, so I play it, given that I have the chance to.

Also, what's with the use of "sieg heil"? Last I checked, no one in my region has resorted to saying that (at least, no one that isn't horrifically obscure and unimportant). And "nip"? "Jap"? Geez, dude, all I was trying to do was lessen the amount of anti-Japanese sentiments around here. After all, I think we've had a bunch of people complaining about the amount of moonrunes in the game, and pestering us on whether America has received her "promised" localization.

But then again, that has nothing to do with you.

Btw, I'm naturally a jerk. Many guys here know it, so my advice is simple: pretend I don't exist. Everyone else here does it.
    I'm fine with Japan and Japanese culture. If I wasn't I definitely wouldn't have much interest in PSO translated or otherwise. My bias comes from the lack of translation. That's on me of course.

I do feel a bit bad as I glossed over the gameplay in my first impression post. Lag wise I couldn't tell much difference between the SEA and JP versions. It was nice to finally get my feet wet. The target lock on mechanics feels a bit wonky at times but I think that was because I usually ended up killing stuff too quickly to spend much time locked onto a single target. This caused my camera to snap around in fights but it wasn't hard to adjust to. The manual targeting is probably useful at some point but my first impressions were it was kind of gimmicky. Still I'm always up for something new and I wouldn't call it bad, just different.

Not sure how to really judge it. Honestly I'd need more time with it right now. I would have to say its an improvement over various other PSO combat mechanics I've encountered from various games in the series.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

Wasn't this about the fantranslation of the game?

Tbh, I don't see your problem in there still being too many moonrunes. The game is mostly translated. Only some descriptions and mainly new content still has to be done. I only ever use the small patch, so I don't know exactly.

I'm just wondering. Did you expect a fan translation of the game that has the entire game translated? Does it really take away the ability to enjoy the game like as Japanese person would? If it does, then really...maybe you should play corridor games instead. Tbh, would be better to thank Aida & co. For making it more accessable. Now I come to think of it. Ep 3 must be a pain.

no, just throw this ungrateful wretch back to SEA PSO2 and go rot like what Asiasoft is doing right now.

. . .

hate aside, most of the untranslated stuff usually has nothing to do with anything, nor it is important at all. I can't see why you are bothered with pillowtalk like those.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthero View Post
    Wasn't this about the fantranslation of the game?

Tbh, I don't see your problem in there still being too many moonrunes. The game is mostly translated. Only some descriptions and mainly new content still has to be done. I only ever use the small patch, so I don't know exactly.

I'm just wondering. Did you expect a fan translation of the game that has the entire game translated? Does it really take away the ability to enjoy the game like as Japanese person would? If it does, then really...maybe you should play corridor games instead. Tbh, would be better to thank Aida & co. For making it more accessable. Now I come to think of it. Ep 3 must be a pain.

well the topic title was first impressions. I honestly wasn't expecting much even with the patches since we're talking about a labor or love for a fan translation. I should of added in some of my thoughts on gameplay in the first post as well but it didn't occur to me at the time. Given how PSO's maps work they're pretty corridorish to me. I jest

@WildarmsRE5

Maximum over edge here, tell me, how many x's do you have in front of and behind your in game name?
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

I don't, I just have a certain blaring hate over those who choose to play and support the SEA version.

I still hate Asiasoft for ruining things on why I can't play JP PSO2 "normally" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by May0 View Post
    well the topic title was first impressions. I honestly wasn't expecting much even with the patches since we're talking about a labor or love for a fan translation. I should of added in some of my thoughts on gameplay in the first post as well but it didn't occur to me at the time. Given how PSO's maps work they're pretty corridorish to me. I jest

@WildarmsRE5

Maximum over edge here, tell me, how many x's do you have in front of and behind your in game name?
    You should have waited a few more day, as Jp PSO2 is getting Episode 3 in 2 day, which offers a new job with new play style, and all the previous job have been tweaked to play differently.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-