Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alandsmj View Post
    Not as efficient as the godtier classes, but they can pull their own weight,
    I'm pretty sure that's what OK tier means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's what OK tier means.
    For me OK tier is below the baseline, which means "I don't want to see this class in TD3 but in other quests it's fine". Since HUs can perform well in TD3 as long as they know what they are doing, they are definitely above my OK tier. But it's possibly just the difference of minds when it comes to rating. So I'll just leave it like that.

If you can't tolerate them being there then they're not OK..
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

And this is why Tiering stuff without explaining what the tiers mean is bad. We're all gonna have different ideas of what the baseline is.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    If you can't tolerate them being there then they're not OK..
    Actually it's tolerable when they do their best and coordinate with everyone. It's still two TD3 runs with A or S rank and life has to go on anyway. So yeah, OK tier for me. Fortunately such case is already rare in EP2 since in this game a player's reaction/evaluation to certain situation almost makes a third to half of a character (while the other being numbers/PA and Class mechanics, etc) so even a commonly deemed "low tier class" would be OK tier or even higher for me. Like I said, as long as they know what they are doing and do it at their best.

So my standard for OK might be a bit lower than many of yours.

God-tier means that the class is entirely capable of carrying something by themselves in one form or another, and is the absolute best for many situations. TeBr and Fire FoTe are fantastic for this during TDs. RA is (and always has been) the best class for AQ'ing and TA'ing (along with Forces), and it goes without saying their bossing potential is unparalleled. I'm actually not sure why I put Fighter there, probably blinded by numbers, because it's not great for TD at all with how the enemies don't have aggro on you by default, but it's very good for other things (although not great for bursts...).

What I put in Good-tier are classes that definitely hold their own, are capable of carrying if you are a good player and know what you're doing. I'd say Braver is definitely not the absolute best for anything anymore with TeBr taking the mobbing spotlight, and Forces / Rangers being much better at killing single targets on their own. Gunner was never god-tier, but definitely high up there with the results it had for the effort you put in. Braver, Forces and Ranger were always much better than it if you knew what you were doing.

OK-tier is just kind of like a class that can work, but it's not really going to carry anything. It can do a job fine, but you won't make any accomplishments with it and you're most likely better just taking something else.

Shit tier is self-explanatory. Bouncer is here because it's exactly that in its current state. It can do things, obviously, but pretty much every other class can do what it does better, and more. As I said beforehand, I really do hope SEGA tweaks Bouncer to be much better, because as awesome as its weapons are, I'd really like to feel like I'm doing well on it.

Of course, my listings aren't concrete and definitely up for debate. Some people dislike tiers, some think they're necessary, personally I like them because they give me an idea of what's better than what. Regardless of your playstyle, some classes are going to be more optimal than others in plenty of situations.

I'm TE/FI and i feel pretty badass with the loads of damage i can do, and on top of that support an entire mpa.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Fi only hits slightly harder than before for the most part, it definitely doesn't belong in the same tier as Ra and Fo
    hi

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Just so we're on the right page, for Te/Br which stance should I go for again?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Just so we're on the right page, for Te/Br which stance should I go for again?
    Both. Average for generally whacking things, Weak when attacking boss weakpoints (or using some techs, mostly Ilbarta for bossing).