Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: B-20 reputation

I'd save my popcorn for something else. Getting tired of these Michael Bay knock offs.

Quote Originally Posted by SakoHaruo View Post
    I was just being Calm Sako. I'm pretty sure you know what'll happen when normal Sako gives his opinion on something.

I do like the hips but not the exaggerated kind. Give me 100%. 101% is too much to handle and 99% isn't enough. It's all about perfection!

This thread... I don't know.

I mean I already know who's actually in B20 getting first hand experience and who's just making up stuff. I'm gonna grab some popcorn and enjoy the rest of the show.
    I'm actually curious which group you think I'm in, and if you noticed the past tense.

The amount of density in this thread is enough to match a dying star. It's hilarious. I think I've had my fill for now though. Like that Sakoharonu person said. Anyone who genuinely gives a shit already knows what's up. It's fun watching people make idiots out of themselves.

Especially out of something so ironic as PSO-W's attitude with B20.

Well, we're debating the use of the term 'Presume'...on a thread...on PSOWorld...about B-20...

In any case, we all know there's a problem with B-20, the severity of which seems to be up for debate. Of course this is a sore spot for some so of course we have people claiming there's no problem(I myself haven't seen much, but I don't discount it either).

Now, here's the thing: What do we do about it? As users our only real options are to either talk to them directly which will be completely ignored or worse, or report them which would be giving Sega more ammo against the EN crowd besides all the heat we already get from a subsection of the JP player base.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

hipster-chan why did you come here this place is poison! Get out while you still can phantasy star fans are weird. D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I liked B-20 back when City was the only EQ. Gave me something more engaging to focus on.

I typically enjoy global chat in MMOs, since no matter who is saying what, you can ignore, ridicule, or take part in it at your leisure. It's all separate from who you're actively partying with, and all contained in a small corner of your screen with plenty of filter options.

PSO2 lacks quite a bit of that, so partying with "global" is a lot more involved, for better or worse. Players who just started recently, people arguing about WoW, their favorite anime, age of consent laws, shock tactics, or just how everyone is feeling that day; it's all plastered everywhere on your screen as you fight right alongside them with little to no way to reduce the clutter besides escaping entirely.

So many people do just that. It only takes one to ruin the entire block because you can't shut them out. Block them from chat and they can still join your MPA. Block anyone being rude, obnoxious, spiteful, inappropriate, or immature and you quickly run out of slots. Leaving and never coming back gets rid of the undesirables for considerably less effort.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

From my past experience B:20 isn't as bad some people make it out to be but it's far from being innocent either. Though I tend to avoid it most of the time and just run solo and MPA in the usual blocks so my views are a bit biased.

My issue with B:20 is not so much that there is a casual player base that is fine and all, but there are so many players there good and bad it's a crap shoot. You can sometimes have a really good party/mpa that is respectful and willing to listen to advice or give it out trying to help out, but you can also have the complete opposite issue being B:20 is the culmination of what the English speaking community is a very diverse outspoken one.

You will get all walks of life so to speak I never send a new player there just because it seems like a terrible idea for their growth if they play with so many people where advice can sometimes be good or sometimes be crippling. Realistically so is any other block but it seems to be a more common theme there I started in B:20 back in episode 1 was recruited by a team somewhat active there but they were nice but sometimes their advice was questionable at best I ended up remaking character buying AC and the works just to fix this.

But then I joined team crimson for a short time a not too long ago and they seemed more grounded and able to give credible advice it really is just luck of the draw of what you get there.

For more experienced players on the casual side I say if you can not find a party anywhere else or not in a team it's a great place to go if you want to get things done like time attacks and AQs but for anything EQ related or looking for advice do it at your own risk.

For new players I would say avoid it entirely at least until you find a team willing to help you and give advice and having gained some experience.

For my purposes it never filled the requirements but that is just me. For others it does.

Now with the spam and all it's not as bad as when I started but it still has it's moments where my SA history is filled with dicks and such, but that is really rare now especially after the DDoS attack. Still it's a bit off putting and seems to happen a bit more there than any other block but it does happen anywhere there is a heavy English player presence occasionally. I'm not sure about JP players I bet it happens with them as well occasionally too but I happen to notice it more with English speakers.

Edit: I should really proof read these long essays I meant isn't xD
    Last edited by Vampy; Sep 9, 2014 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    But then I joined team crimson for a short time a not too long ago and they seemed more grounded and able to give credible advice it really is just luck of the draw of what you get there.
    Huh? Who? Vampy, what are these things you're talking about? D:

We're still waiting to reinvite you and Saya back. Ho ho ho
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    Huh? Who? Vampy, what are these things you're talking about? D:

We're still waiting to reinvite you and Saya back. Ho ho ho
    Hey compared to the teams I was in prior you guys have been an improvement for the most part.

My issue with B20 is that whenever the game dumps me there, it's almost always filled with people insulting, arguing, spamming, etc.

The few times I was forced to try EQs in B20, they weren't too bad.
    But I see so many absolutely terrible EN players everywhere else now...

Still seeing awful EN and JP players trying to solo around 10 Goldradas alone or with a partied buddy, using crap like Jet Boots.
    You can tell they're going to be garbage when they camp at the top during wave 4 of TD1.
    They always end up wasting at least 1-2 minutes and fail to kill anything... or they just die, res each other, repeat.

Not entirely relevant, but had some awful mostly JP group for TD2 today.
    I had to double check to make sure they weren't EN players.
    They completely ignored enemies humping walls. And the bomb.

I must say I'll be glad when people get sick of failing hard at Bouncer.