Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: B-20 reputation

The majority of b20ians are terrible players with terrible equipment who, more importantly, have no desire to improve their skill or equipment. A typical b20ian thinks it is perfectly okay to go into an emergency quest like TD3 with a Roundeet+3 with no affixes, unaffixed and ungrinded Tagami units, and do nothing but Shunka constantly because they somehow missed the memo that Shunka isn't OP anymore.

There's also the fact that a majority of them are loud, obnoxious, stupid and make the entire rest of the English community look bad. They talk in public chat constantly (ever notice how NONE of the JPs EVER say more than a few things in public chat?), they spam offensive symbol arts, they often have terrible grammar and in general type like 12 year olds.

They have a bad reputation because they're basically the equivalent of the Brazilians that ruin every other MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    The majority of b20ians are terrible players with terrible equipment who, more importantly, have no desire to improve their skill or equipment. A typical b20ian thinks it is perfectly okay to go into an emergency quest like TD3 with a Roundeet+3 with no affixes, unaffixed and ungrinded Tagami units, and do nothing but Shunka constantly because they somehow missed the memo that Shunka isn't OP anymore.

There's also the fact that a majority of them are loud, obnoxious, stupid and make the entire rest of the English community look bad. They talk in public chat constantly (ever notice how NONE of the JPs EVER say more than a few things in public chat?), they spam offensive symbol arts, they often have terrible grammar and in general type like 12 year olds.

They have a bad reputation because they're basically the equivalent of the Brazilians that ruin every other MMO.
    Whoa.

I play on block 20 the majority of the time(solo), but it has nothing to do with it being the "official" English speaking block. 20 is just my favorite number lol. I can say though that the block is not nearly as bad as it used to be.

Signature by Gama

Ah, one of my favorite threads has appeared yet again.

I don't understand how this (meaning these B20 threads) is still a thing after the DDoS removed a huge chunk of B20's population. Some may have returned, but B20 will probably never reach its full potential again. We will most likely get IP blocked before that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    You've been towing this same story for how many months now? The addition of post-nerf Shunka is a delightful addition, what with the realization that the nerf occurred 3 months ago. Ya know, because it's kinda infeasible that anyone would be new enough to be using a Roundeet and still have ever even fucking SEEN pre-nerf Shunka.

It's populated by people from PSO World. Nuff' said.

I use block 20 for tacos only.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    It's populated by people from PSO World. Nuff' said.
    You'd be surprised how many people there have never actually heard of PSOW.

edit: Basically, B20 has lots of people who don't actively seek improvement. They're told to go to B20 because it's the english block, and then rarely if ever go elsewhere for fear of whatever - fear of having no ability to communicate (when playing PSO2 hardly necessitates it if you simply know how to play the game), fear of playing solo (which is a bit more rational, but still lol), fear of not fitting in (ha ha ha), etc.

They get something that's "good enough" for level 40 and keep it until level 55, then say "but it's always been good enough for me." Well, awesome, and a single bowl of rice is good enough during a famine. There's plenty of other weapons you can easily get. My favorite was always "not everyone has a ton of money to spend grinding" being said by someone still using a hard mode rare in super hard. Dude, if you can afford a costume you can afford a decent pre+10 weapon if you just check the market every so often.

They keep using the FOTM that was nerfed three FOTMs ago, then get hyper defensive and whinge when you tell them such.

But instead of looking into any of these things at all they just admit defeat at the drop of a hat and refuse to improve themselves. So, why is B20 shit? Because it's where people like that already are.

Kind of like Phantasy Star - an IP with a following filled with a bunch of defeatist headcases unable to cope with the idea of trying something new.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 4, 2014 at 04:30 PM.

Probably for the best. They'd find kindred spirits

It could be worse; The Sega forums could be the main spot everyone goes.

Those were dark times.