Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pso2love View Post
    Because you couldn't wait, and decided to take a risk to invest in an unsupported game. People wait for a reason, if that reason is not good enough for you, oh well.
    Wow, defensive much?

I'm not digging at people's choices(read the rest of my posts in this thread). I'm merely stating from my experiences that playing an inferior(in terms of content and balance) version is made harder to swallow by those who already have the changes. To those that are new, they'll be fine mostly but how many have done exactly like I have after 2 years of nothing but empty promises?

Yes, I invested 450 hours(as of today) on an 'unsupported' game, but here's the flaw in your logic: What choice did I really have?

Sega's lied time and time again about a western release, they've ignored any attempt to get answers from pretty much anyone, and they still refuse to talk content even with this new tweet. Even Square couldn't get away with this level of dickery without people scrutinizing and finding workarounds.

If you want to continue to wait? Cool, your choice.

That said 2 years is a long time to hold a carrot over someone's head without them cutting the string holding it.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

You know for all you saying its BS i wouldn't throw the towel in yet, Just Look how fast they implemented a Eastern Asian PSO2. I think they have the power to create a western version any time they like. But i think there are permissions still pending, if this does happen i'm pretty sure Sega will place a ban. haha actually i think its there way at freeing up server lag...

Quote Originally Posted by xxmadplayerxx View Post
    You know for all you saying its BS i wouldn't throw the towel in yet, Just Look how fast they implemented a Eastern Asian PSO2. I think they have the power to create a western version any time they like. But i think there are permissions still pending, if this does happen i'm pretty sure Sega will place a ban. haha actually i think its there way at freeing up server lag...
    I don't think people are doubting that its possible for it to happen. Its just that at this point either A. People don't want it anymore or B. It would be so far behind that it would make PSU's content gap look like a joke.

Also, dunno if you've noticed, but SEGA has unofficially blocked almost everywhere that's not Japan. There's only a select few ISP's that actually get through their block at this point. Even say its not them doing it, they certainly haven't made any effort to fix the "issue". But this thread isn't about that topic so I'll leave it at that.

I don't know why so many people here think that PSO2W, if it came out, would have so few players just because all the fans would have either played on JPN, or have given up by now...

Yes, amongst the fans like myself who have been waiting since the CBT, there are most likely only a handful.

But the fact is most people who play an MMO aren't waiting for the release date and then start playing. Hell, most of the time they may not even be AWARE of the game until after it's out. The game comes out, and THEN people hear about it for the first time (or at least for the first time since they forgot), and THEN the game gains its population. There will most likely front page news articles on gaming websites, maybe it'll show up on steam, etc. That is where the population would come from. Those people wont care that JPN has had more content, they wont know that jpn had a easy to apply english patch, and most likely wont care even when they learn jpn has an english patch and more content.

Anyway, I want PSO2 west to come out, and if and when it does Imma try it ASAP. But fact is, I'm pretty sure it'll never happen at this point, which is a shame because I really enjoyed myself during the CBT/OBT.

Quote Originally Posted by pso2love View Post
    Because you couldn't wait, and decided to take a risk to invest in an unsupported game. People wait for a reason, if that reason is not good enough for you, oh well.
    It's also possible that people are waiting for bad reasons or are overcautious or don't know how to enjoy themselves despite potential risks or for some reason don't think they can get over the worst case scenario if it were to happen.

But here's the clincher. I've enjoyed 2 years of gameplay and they haven't yet.

"But you could lose access at any time."

Well no duh. People need to grow up and realize that online multiplayer games are hosted by companies that actually spend money to maintain the game, servers, even their own internet connection service that allows people to connect to their servers.

And there have been lots of online multiplayer games that have been outright closed by companies due to lack of customers and whatnot. Looks like SEA pso2 is heading that way already.

I've enjoyed the product I've paid for already. Heck I still am, and see no signs of it ending any time soon. If they really wanted EN not to play, they'd have IP blocked us long ago. Even now they aren't, they're just not giving us support to return / bypass various internet providers not being reconnected to them or whatever. But playerbase is a lot better than that, it took almost no time for people to pop up from the shadows with ways to connect again.

I mean after it's over (it will end some day, give it 10-20 or more years for it to either die or for me to lose interest or be too busy with life), I might look back nostalgically and wish it were still there, but I'm sure something else that's fun to play would come along.

Heck, I went through all of this with Runescape. A game that had full support that I had paid for for years. But then the owners of this fully supported game decided to ignore their playerbase, completely change the game, ruin their community, and effectively throw away their playerbase.

There's no point in waiting for EN pso2 just because it will have better support for english people. From my perspective you're taking the risk that PSO2 EN won't be completely terrible in comparison to the JP version of the game. Plus you're depriving yourself of years of fun you could've had. Seeing how SEAs doing and from what I've heard about SEGA's past of JP-biased games... good luck with your choice.
    Last edited by Chdata; Sep 9, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

QueenBitchoftheUniverse NotRankin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghalion View Post
    I don't know why so many people here think that PSO2W, if it came out, would have so few players just because all the fans would have either played on JPN, or have given up by now...

Yes, amongst the fans like myself who have been waiting since the CBT, there are most likely only a handful.

But the fact is most people who play an MMO aren't waiting for the release date and then start playing. Hell, most of the time they may not even be AWARE of the game until after it's out. The game comes out, and THEN people hear about it for the first time (or at least for the first time since they forgot), and THEN the game gains its population. There will most likely front page news articles on gaming websites, maybe it'll show up on steam, etc. That is where the population would come from. Those people wont care that JPN has had more content, they wont know that jpn had a easy to apply english patch, and most likely wont care even when they learn jpn has an english patch and more content.

Anyway, I want PSO2 west to come out, and if and when it does Imma try it ASAP. But fact is, I'm pretty sure it'll never happen at this point, which is a shame because I really enjoyed myself during the CBT/OBT.
    Welp, guess you'll never play it, or be 2-3 years out of date because you can't follow simple instructions to use the VPN. As for the others, the ignorant masses are always like that, that's their problem. You have the power and tools to use it now, but refuse. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by NotRankin View Post
    Welp, guess you'll never play it, or be 2-3 years out of date because you can't follow simple instructions to use the VPN. As for the others, the ignorant masses are always like that, that's their problem. You have the power and tools to use it now, but refuse. Have fun!
    Wow, another bigot who just assumes everyone who wants west is either too stupid or lazy to follow "simple instructions".

This happens so often, and it's such a lame ass argument. I've PLAYED on JPN since the CBT and OBT Fool, and that was BEFORE there was as much information and tutorials on patches, seriously.

I'll just link a previous post addressing this.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...&postcount=116

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    I don't think people are doubting that its possible for it to happen. Its just that at this point either A. People don't want it anymore or B. It would be so far behind that it would make PSU's content gap look like a joke.

Also, dunno if you've noticed, but SEGA has unofficially blocked almost everywhere that's not Japan. There's only a select few ISP's that actually get through their block at this point. Even say its not them doing it, they certainly haven't made any effort to fix the "issue". But this thread isn't about that topic so I'll leave it at that.
    It's not a block from SEGA from my understanding - it's a problem with IP routing because someone decided "hey, let's broadcast this range in a non-standard way", and most ISPs aren't handling it (in this case, somebody's code was built by a proper engineer and can handle non-standard packets)

Well, it might be the ISPs aren't properly implementing standards, too. Which wouldn't be remotely surprising.

But in short, somebody cut corners with the basic fabric of the internet for some reason (probably $$$), and it's fucking things up.

Edit: The reason proxies, VPNs, etc all work is that they manually route around the problem.

And this is somewhat nagging at me, since the internet is normally very robust (but then again, fuckups in the middle east have managed to deep six websites for the whole world before too)
    Last edited by Randomness; Sep 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM.
    Coming Soon!

QueenBitchoftheUniverse NotRankin's Avatar

Wow, another bigot who just assumes everyone who wants west is either too stupid or lazy to follow "simple instructions".

This happens so often, and it's such a lame ass argument. I've PLAYED on JPN since the CBT and OBT Fool, and that was BEFORE there was as much information and tutorials on patches, seriously.

I played OBT as well. I still played for the following years as well. We didn't have to vpn back then, so not sure where that came from. All I see now is someone whining that they can't play because they can't follow some instructions. And learn what a bigot is before you throw that word around.

As to the topic: I couldn't care less if they released an NA version, I don't know about SEA and what they did, I've just spend 1200 hours on my main char (dunno about the two), and I see no incentive to change servers. Even if they offered character transfers (lol), I still wouldn't do it. Personally, I'm fine with just having a JP PSO2 like now, because it's so easy to connect. I'd love more ease of access, sure, but not at the cost of loosing everything. And if they did ban, well then back to FFXIV I go. Cause I'm not playing with a server full of B20.
    Last edited by NotRankin; Sep 10, 2014 at 12:12 AM.

#1-3, #5

In regards to playing PSO2JP and the event that PSO2EN gets released and questioning which game I should main, I'd probably stick to PSO2JP. I'm willing to bet that PSO2EN will never be as up-to-date as PSO2JP.

Other than that, I'm sorry to hear that you would consider time you enjoyed in the past was a waste just because it ends. Stuff like that happens a lot in life though.

A multi-billionaire gaming industry doesn't care how money is being sent to them. And whether you're paying them directly or through a third party thing like webmoney, the business is making money.

It really doesn't matter to them how they get money.

I guess your desire to talk in public chat without bothering people is so strong that you don't want to consider alternatives (teams/private/party chat) or something and that you persist in not playing at all...?

... you're worrying about something very negligible. Player's connections don't affect eachother so much that it's going to make an impact on other people's connections. If you've played any other multiplier game at all, the person who is lagging is suffering from the lag. The only thing anyone else has to "suffer from" perhaps is seeing them warp around, but in PSO2 not only does that not really happen much - it also doesn't really impact gameplay much at all because it's all PvM.

It's not even that much of an extra strain on the game servers themselves. It's not like the 500 or however many EN players in PSO2 right now are DDOSing the servers just by connecting to them. I run servers for a different game myself and foreign connections don't really seem to affect things much more than normal connections.

I guess its your problem if you don't want to look towards alternative support or if you aren't the type of person who usually doesn't need support.

In my case, I haven't yet come across a multiplayer game where I've need actual support from an employee associated with the game itself. Infact, not any game at all. Almost everything can be fixed with google and seeing what other players have done to get through things.

This is the first game where I've had to do something as drastic sounding as proxying, but it's well worth it. And the month of time-off from the game didn't affect me at all, I just played TF2 during that time.

Pardon any snarky comments, its hard for me to look at people making up all these excuses to avoid having fun with a seriousface.
    Last edited by Chdata; Sep 10, 2014 at 12:17 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat