Default Subclass damage bonus comparison

I wanted to get a better perspective of the damage bonuses each subclass option offers by damage type, so I dug through every class' skill tree for damage bonuses and tallied them together. It's in table form so hosted offsite: Click here

Needless to say I'm very disillusioned with how Sega designed the classes right now but what can you do when there isn't even an English dev team

One thing I'd really appreciate though is fact-checking. I went by description for most of the skills but I know some skills have a "feature" of working across damage types or weapons despite saying they don't, like Rapid Boost JA bonus.

But other wise yeah, gogo Fighter supremacy and all.

Fury Up 1&2 are 5SP each, giving 5% each

Why separate Fury Combo from the rest? If it's maxed then you get 10% on your first JA, as if it were JA Bonus 3.

In any case, you should put a combined value for passive and conditionals together.

Fighter main melee is 98.4%, isn't it? Where did you get 101.8%?
    Chase Advance Plus works for all damage, so does Critical Strike

Weak Bullet is 255% (2.55x), or I guess it'd be +155% to stay consistent with your values

CT's lowest bonus is 50%, but you can land more than one, depending on which PA(s) you use.
    High Time works for other weapons

You're missing the Stance Charge skills for Braver.
    Combat JA cannot stack with Combat Finish, since it ends as soon as you press the button
    Combat Finish is 3x the normal CF damage, so +200% not +300%, which can make the regular +200-1100% CF up to +3500%

and I guess you're not including weapon Gear skills
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Nice work, Selphia (even if it's incomplete). But Unlucky proved one thing... It's easy to bawl (insulting SEGA seems to be a national sport) but it's harder to make things right. A word to the wise is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Fury Up 1&2 are 5SP each, giving 5% each

Why separate Fury Combo from the rest? If it's maxed then you get 10% on your first JA, as if it were JA Bonus 3.

In any case, you should put a combined value for passive and conditionals together.

Fighter main melee is 98.4%, isn't it? Where did you get 101.8%?
    Chase Advance Plus works for all damage, so does Critical Strike

Weak Bullet is 255% (2.55x), or I guess it'd be +155% to stay consistent with your values

CT's lowest bonus is 50%, but you can land more than one, depending on which PA(s) you use.
    High Time works for other weapons

You're missing the Stance Charge skills for Braver.
    Combat JA cannot stack with Combat Finish, since it ends as soon as you press the button
    Combat Finish is 3x the normal CF damage, so +200% not +300%, which can make the regular +200-1100% CF up to +3500%

Thanks! I'll fix soon-ish, ingame right now

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Nice work, Selphia (even if it's incomplete). But Unlucky proved one thing... It's easy to bawl (insulting SEGA seems to be a national sport) but it's harder to make things right. A word to the wise is enough.
    I did ask for fact-checking and that's what Unlucky gave. This is the internet so there's only that much you can communicate with words, which means things sound harsher than they look. I'm new to this game and I want to work on correct information so I'm totally ok with being corrected here. From what I've seen Unlucky's tone sounds more factual than anything so that's fine really.
    Last edited by Selphea; Sep 8, 2014 at 06:56 AM.

Alright, should be done and updated, and changed to multipliers instead of %s for easier math. Couple points to address though:

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    That would be nice but there's a lot of combinations there. For Fighter alone that would be 8 lines of final numbers on top of the existing 6. Hopefully now that I've migrated to multipliers it should be easier to DIY it with a calculator. Just multiply the passive with the conditional.

This is a bit of a grey area since I did include weapon-specific skills - unavoidable with classes like Braver and Gunner, but not the Gear itself.

On the other hand the Gear skill should be almost a given since it's just one point and is quite central to using a given weapon type. They also don't really affect how the other damage bonuses interact with each other since everything is multiplicative.

So the way I see it is, if someone's going to use a weapon and it has a Gear skill, one point is definitely going there, and what I want to find out is where the remaining 159 points need to go.

You really should at least break it into main chart and sub chart, since you're talking about subclasses and including main classes. Ideally, though, you generate a list of main-sub combos and their overall bonuses. Would take a bit of work depending on how you do it -- I'd be inclined to just lazymode google spreadsheet it, but that's me. I would probably break it into constant, sustained conditional, active, active conditional bonuses, their respective makeups, and the overall benefit. Come to think of it, I might just make this spreadsheet myself. Data manipulation could offer interesting insight into balance.

Also, I don't see the BO crafted weapon bonus on there anywhere.
    Last edited by Gamemako; Sep 11, 2014 at 10:38 AM.

If you're disillusioned now, how did you feel before episode 3? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    If you're disillusioned now, how did you feel before episode 3? Haha.
    Didn't even bother playing much before Ep3

Which probably says a lot about how the game was prior to ep3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    You really should at least break it into main chart and sub chart, since you're talking about subclasses and including main classes. Ideally, though, you generate a list of main-sub combos and their overall bonuses. Would take a bit of work depending on how you do it -- I'd be inclined to just lazymode google spreadsheet it, but that's me. I would probably break it into constant, sustained conditional, active, active conditional bonuses, their respective makeups, and the overall benefit. Come to think of it, I might just make this spreadsheet myself. Data manipulation could offer interesting insight into balance.

Also, I don't see the BO crafted weapon bonus on there anywhere.
    Yea I was thinking a spreadsheet or HTML with a bunch of checkboxes or up/down boxes myself, given all the possible combinations.

As for the crafted weapon bonus, it's 10% of weapon right? So even at its best it'll be around the level of Striking Up 3? Or does it factor in the abilities like Quartz Soul and Power as well?

Edit: Nevermind I'm ingame. It's 10% of base weapon stat, abilities aren't counted.
    Last edited by Selphea; Sep 11, 2014 at 12:22 PM.