Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

I like that Elysion is being nerfed. No more need to make a rainbow of them. Uncharge techs are boring looking, and don't deserve better DPS than charged. Not to mention it makes newman FO/TEs need to waste points in S-ATK Up 1. What they should do is make them cost half the PP each, so that they could at least be used as a minor finisher for weak stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    Uncharge techs are boring looking, and don't deserve better DPS than charged.
    this is just nonsense....

Just saw this and talked with a JP friend about it. They know the game well, especially casters.
    Apparently Elysion with Sa Barta and custom Ra Zan are also ridiculously overpowered right now.

I don't really like that Elysion is being nerfed after I specifically setup my characters for it (they better be distributing skill reset tickets).
    However, I've never liked that non-charge relies on a single weapon's latent.
    That's just stupid as fug.

From the beginning, non-charged was virtually pointless. Same cost, far worse effect. Why??
    They should have focused more on having a non-charge playstyle, which would probably have worked well with Techer's melee.

I use uncharged techs as just normal game play now. Regardless of Elysion. Makes for a nice disrupter for a melee techer. Or Bouncer as well if you're doing boots.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    I like that Elysion is being nerfed. No more need to make a rainbow of them. Uncharge techs are boring looking, and don't deserve better DPS than charged. Not to mention it makes newman FO/TEs need to waste points in S-ATK Up 1. What they should do is make them cost half the PP each, so that they could at least be used as a minor finisher for weak stuff.
    1) You never needed a rainbow of them in the first place. Ice/Wind were pretty much it. Lightning only really has Sazonde (which probably does warrant a Lightning Elysion) and uncharged Namegid is primarily for mobbing, which Ilmegid does better.

2) Uncharged techs consume PP faster, do not benefit from PP Charge Revival, and do not allow for movement while in use. Why should they also be condemned to never have better DPS? There's only a handful of techs that are good with Elysion in the first place.

3) You can also use S-ATK on your mag, which is the smarter thing to do as far as efficiency goes.

4) PP cost is subtracted the moment you use a tech, whether you charge it or not. It is impossible to have an uncharged tech and a charged tech have different costs because of this. This doesn't help anyway because charged techs benefit from PP Charge Revival, so they already have a reduced cost compared to uncharged techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    So rare and expensive it's been affordable with a day's worth of TA for like an entire year?

The time to nerf this shit was well before they had a boost week, before element conversion was a thing, before people made multiples. Would have required their new balance director to not be a fucking fraud though.

And frankly the game needs more playstyle changing weapons, nerfing the only two weapons in the game that had unique gameplay potentials is a pretty sad sight for the future. Generic damage forever yay.
    ^was agreeing with these so much

Elysion fix: uncharged tech pp recovery

recover 3/4/5 pp when using an uncharged tech

then put that same skill on force (5 pp, 5 sp), under normal tech advance

then boost normal tech advance to 30%

then boost certain uncharged techs, but not all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    So rare and expensive it's been affordable with a day's worth of TA for like an entire year?

The time to nerf this shit was well before they had a boost week, before element conversion was a thing, before people made multiples. Would have required their new balance director to not be a fucking fraud though.

And frankly the game needs more playstyle changing weapons, nerfing the only two weapons in the game that had unique gameplay potentials is a pretty sad sight for the future. Generic damage forever yay.
    Yep, pretty much this.

They take far too fucking long to nerf anything, so once you've invested in it for efficiency reasons, say goodbye to those investments.

read: Braver.

Also I've been saying for a while that they could easily make techs cost 50% on activation, then drain the rest of the pp cost over the course of the charge.

With PP revival you would lose PP at a rate just above what you normally recover for most/all techs. If you don't have PP revival you lose the remaining 50% at whatever the calculated amount/time rate is. Whether you have PP revival or not, if you run out of PP mid-charge you cast it as soon as you hit 0 pp.

Who wants to take bets on the maximum number of cyclones?

I'm thinking either 3 or 5. Enough to not be noticeable to most players, but not enough to able to make level 3 cyclones off cyclone hits.