Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

So it does have combos...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    So it does have combos...
    Yes. And here are some translations from recent article. this is the first source that
    confirmed an Original Video Anime episode is included (well I think it's included, unless they
    put it on the separate disc. Well there was another game that included a full movie, so I'm sure
    the OVA is included with the game. OVAs tend to be around 20 minutes in length.)

Spoiler!

The game looks amazing. Nice find. To see a DBZ net game is a surprise. I wonder if they will ever make a Tales of _____ Net game. *Crosses fingers.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Dec 30, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

can't wait.............

They opened new cool sections, including highlighting the 5 playable races

http://dbx.bngames.net/system/

and for those that missed it, here is the english VA version of the recent trailer

Last edited by Saner; Dec 30, 2014 at 09:30 AM.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

actually looking at some decent gameplay videos, im actually interesting in playing.

kinda reminds me of BT

with 70% less bullshit

comparing dbz to pso is an insult to dbz tho
    Last edited by Cyron Tanryoku; Jan 1, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Raging Blast had really good comboing; looks like we're gonna see more of that in this game. Better than that bullshit we had in Ultimate Tenkaichi. Coin flip fighting is lame. Never do that again.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    actually looking at some decent gameplay videos, im actually interesting in playing.

kinda reminds me of BT
    with 70% less bullshit

comparing dbz to pso is an insult to dbz tho

It isn't an insult, it's actually a compliment considering this has more relatable things to classic PSO veterans like myself. That's why I called this PSO of fighting games because if PSO were a fighting game, it's design would be similiar to how Xenoverse is, with a hub that connects all the pvp content together, and Xenoverse also has PVE content, so it has cooperative values just like how co-op was the center of PSO's multiplayer.

On top of that, Xenoverse has a loot system that is also relatable to PSO/PSU. Xenoverse is less gear dependant than PSO, but like I said it has its differences and similarities. Dragon Ball Xenoverse is really as close to PSO as any fighting game has gotten, and that is a very good thing because a hybrid formula like PSO will greatly benefit Xenoverse and shows this type of formula is not limited to RPGs.

multiple alien races to play as with vast character creation customization and unique race traits
    immersive city home base where community can socialize, emote and team up. connecting all the content
    rare loot, leveling and usable items
    shopping in the city hub the community shares.
    cooperative missions for multiple players
    story centers on player instead of premade character.

Although this officially has no android race, technically androids are creatable using the
    Earthling race (the Earthling buffs also possess advantages that are relatable to androids.

Xenoverse really learns from Phantasy Star Online the right way. Like the original PSO and Episode II, Xenoverse can also be played offline, so fans of one or both types can enjoy this, even long after the servers are down.

it really is amazing the more you play it, and the network test was just a taste of the whole kaboodle. It isn't a dungeon hack like PSO, but it doesn't have to be to have lots of relatable qualities.

I think the main issue people have is the "Boy who cried wolf" syndrome. It's not this topic, in particular. Just that this forum has seen countless "The New Phantasy Star-like" game topics, and pretty much all of them aren't really like it at all. Or are stretching aspects, that barely make up a smidgen towards the feel of a Phantasy Star Online game, as if they are enough to make it feel close enough to one.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Is the game awesomeness over 9,000?!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.