Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rehal View Post
    cg you managed to solo 8% hp of real luther in 5 minutes
    That's not me actually, but that does explain his low health !

Quote Originally Posted by Alandsmj View Post
    So basically, in UQ, enemies will have higher resistance to strike/shoot/tech damages BUT melees will have a better time than the rest?

Better start hording fodders, I guess.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMawW5J6NU

Step isn't perfect though. The invincibility doesn't last long enough (even with max Step Advance) and some boss attacks like Banther's claw swipes or pounce cannot be dodge with one step when you are too close (or you need absolutely perfect timing).
    Still, I feel safest as braver and after that as melee in general.

Also, Rifle is ok because it's fast but launcher feels like importing your old PS1 ranger with old game mechanics and all into this game.
    But not even having a shot...

And KC is nice but in the grand scheme of things it's not nearly as op as WB.
    WB ends the boss in half the time KC even lasts.
    And unless it's with WB and shifta and a weakspot, 60-80k is about max you can get with Finish.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It's bad design IMO because better design would make everything fun and viable, but this is definitely effort-effective (like cost-effective, but with effort).
    effort effective.
    ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    Let's take this down a new road, what if mob are range/tech happy when simply not right next to them, where they would start to melee with the occasionnal range/tech and be easier to deal with (outside of boss doing whatever the hell they want).

I used to play an mmorpg where 95% of mob/boss with both melee and spellcasting would spam their spells if not in melee range instead of chasing you down in melee.
    That's terrible.
    Enemies don't spawn on top of you all the time. Or rather, only rarely.
    So the instant enemies spawn they start spamming and melee gets the short end of the stick again cause you can barely get close enough and when you finally are, you are likely gonna need to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    If you craft it to ex lvl.8 or more and have enough dex, go for it.
    Just know you'll be doing 20% less damage than crafted♂ikutachi
    That weapon...I feel like no day goes by where I don't find 3 of it.

Also, speaking of raids...
    Just watched ep 3 of Log Horizon 2. Raids that take a month. Please Sega, make it happen.
    (you can go back and forth and take any breaks you want, it saves your progress).

Anyway, the best is to give dmg penalties for long range. Apparently it's already like this for launchers and rifle but not nearly enough.
    Disallow sniping out of visual range cause at that distance dmg is about 0.1%.
    Also yes, WB must go, no choice.
    Instead give rangers more crown control like the grenades and more status effects that aren't silly bullets.
    Turn it back into glorious utility class it was in PSO1 (where it had some serious killing speed, too).

Fixed.
    Cause with all your ideas you still got the problem that a ranger / caster close to enemies will perform super poorly while having far lower survivability and reaction speed than melee classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Scape Dolls won't just sell themselves, you know?
    Yeah.
    The entire point of the game requiring so much more dodging than before and being so much less forgiving with taking hits (like mates taking forever and always getting you hit again) is so they can sell more scape dolls.
    In PSO1 if you died during a boss fight you walked the walk fo shame, all the way back from the start of that level (unless you had a safety pipe) to the boss warp.
    Then you challenged again but now you have to do the whole quest again and that can take a while for A / S rank.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Oct 20, 2014 at 10:23 AM.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Why so much hate towards Weak Bullet? Its a god send..

No, it's not.
    It breaks the game and is 100% unnecessary.
    No, killing bosses in 10 seconds or less is not a good thing cause all challenge and most fun are down the drain.
    Not to mention it makes it impossible to balance the game for a company already having severe problems with balancing without it.

We can only hope that like Sroll JA boost it will get nerfed into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    Why so much hate towards Weak Bullet? Its a god send..
    No, it's the godsend, and that's the whole problem.

Nothing else comes even close to Weak Bullet's effectiveness. If every class, or even half of the classes, had something like Weak Bullet there wouldn't be such a problem with class balance.

Also, there's the fact that it demolishes bosses and that's pretty bad for the game itself IMO. Yeah you can get loot faster, but when everything is a 10 second WB-fest shit gets boring fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Step isn't perfect though. The invincibility doesn't last long enough (even with max Step Advance) and some boss attacks like Banther's claw swipes or pounce cannot be dodge with one step when you are too close (or you need absolutely perfect timing).
    Are you running around with 10 SP in Step Advance? Because 1 SP has been enough to dodge everything I could want to, angry Banther claw swipes included. You are jump canceling Step to perform a second one, right?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Weak bullet is fiiiiiiiiiiiine...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

It's purpose was to make RA's modifiers easy to take advantage of. I wish it just stopped there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    It's purpose was to make RA's modifiers easy to take advantage of. I wish it just stopped there.
    Yeah... and now it's the entire reason Luther has the HP he does.

Most likely the coming titan will be the same; balanced around WB.

That fking skill is poison to the game as is.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Yeah... and now it's the entire reason Luther has the HP he does.

Most likely the coming titan will be the same; balanced around WB.

That fking skill is poison to the game as is.
    They should make it so that the new titan can only be damaged by wand smacks while poisoned.