Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

While they may take more striking damage, it looked like every enemy had tech and range attacks coming out their asses.

This may just be them trying to pigeonhole melee into going tanky without losing tons of performance relative to other classes.

Which would actually be really cool in my book if it wasn't tied to a real life money pay wall.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    While they may take more striking damage, it looked like every enemy had tech and range attacks coming out their asses.

This may just be them trying to pigeonhole melee into going tanky without losing tons of performance relative to other classes.

Which would actually be really cool in my book if it wasn't tied to a real life money pay wall.
    If Tanky hunter will be able to deal decent damage to the enemies, you'd blow them up with glass cannon hunter. Just will have a bigger risk of dying.

Also, let's not forget that Fighter, Bravers, and Dual Sword Bouncers are all melee.

Love the unanimous cautious optimism, btw. An entire page and no one is salty so far that ranged may intentionally be made weaker.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    If Tanky hunter will be able to deal decent damage to the enemies, you'd blow them up with glass cannon hunter. Just will have a bigger risk of dying.

Also, let's not forget that Fighter, Bravers, and Dual Sword Bouncers are all melee.
    I mean, this isn't false, but at the same time if this really is as tech & ranged spammy as it looked then it won't really be much of an option to be close without getting grazed periodically by just the sheer volume of BS spam.

Think of every fight as Super Hard Vader - spam, spam, spam everywhere. It's not a matter of if you'll be hit, but what fireball from an off-screen enemy will hit you during what animation that you can't cancel. Especially since, as a lot of people have forgotten, the biggest original problem melee faced in this game was having aggro from every fresh spawn due to proximity. I'm 99% expecting that to be an issue again.

And all that spam is probably going to do a whole ton more damage than anything else we can currently encounter that isn't level 3 infected & mutated.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Love the unanimous cautious optimism, btw. An entire page and no one is salty so far that ranged may intentionally be made weaker.
    There has been videos after videos of Ranged classes like Ra/Br and such wiping bosses out in under 10 sec. Melee couldnt touch speed like that at all since WB, Chain and Namegid/ il barta has been around.

Only thing I don't like is having to spam extra techs as FoTe in UQ. Just one hit from the looks of it is game over. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Maybe make it like:
    story spoiler
    like when you fight Luther, ranged attacks or being far from him makes you can't deal damage to him, only by getting close to him, his invulnerability is gone.
    I actually liking Luther gimmick but if they pulling it out for UQ shitstorm will come because muh class role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    About time? Melee classes have been getting short ends of the stick for 2 years now.
    Fair? Forces spent 3 revisions of the same game being practically useless in combat for Ultimate difficulty, PSO2 was their turn to shine. NOT fair!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Fair? Forces spent 3 revisions of the same game being practically useless in combat for Ultimate difficulty, PSO2 was their turn to shine. NOT fair!
    They still have TD.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    What is this shit, the middle east?