Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    Sounds right to me. There's zero risk in being ranged.

Besides it probably won't be anything significant and people will just WB/Chain one-shot everything anyways.
    Zero risk in being ranged? LOL. Ranger is one of the worst classes in terms of dodging. At least as a melee class or FO you're pretty much untouchable. Launchers and rifles are the clunkiest damn ways to fight enemies and freeze you in place so much compared to anything else.

Hunter weapons are kinda bad too though IMO. Fi Br Te Bo melees are all really great for dodging though.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Just like old times. Bring back jarba/bees resistance.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Forces have been the stuff of legends for as long as I can remember.

To be honest, the force super buff from ep3, as I had been thinking for a while, made a lot of sense if they were going to be having a lot of enemies that start to resist it a lot more. Hopefully not to the point of annoyance where weak stance won't proc or something, but yeah. I just hope it doesn't mean the force based and range based classes don't have use at all. Of course, gunner is guaranteed to be super crap pretty much there if that's confirmed.

Of course, unless things change significantly launchers are still going to be doing major damage to everything in ultimate without a really significant nerf or lack of weak points. I'm really just interested in how this plays out at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    About time? Melee classes have been getting short ends of the stick for 2 years now.
    I'm sorry, what's that? I was too busy thinking about pre-nerf shunka, hatou, and the 20 invincibility seconds of katana combat. Not to mention katana combat finish itself which uses no PP at all. And then of course you have ass buster which destroyed everything for so long only for even more partizan skills to become good with Ep3. You've got wired lances with stupid broken holding current. For the longest time you had backhand smash with its godly boss killing damage.

...yeah I'm sorry I don't see your point.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantLegend View Post
    Just like old times. Bring back jarba/bees resistance.
    Rock Eastwood Likes this post.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Guess tank HU is going to be the new FOTM after Rafoie gets nerfed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Rock Eastwood Likes this post.
    That's...good? (Why are we speaking in third person?)
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post

I'm sorry, what's that? I was too busy thinking about pre-nerf shunka, hatou, and the 20 invincibility seconds of katana combat. Not to mention katana combat finish itself which uses no PP at all.
    The was one class, one weapon.

Pre-nerf shunka didn't last 6 months, and even level-headed bravers wanted it nerfed.
    Katanas didn't have hatou until the 3rd area of episode 2. Shunka, and 20 second invincibility didn't come until after that, which was all late last year.

And then of course you have ass buster which destroyed everything
    It was the choice method to kill anything before ranged characters blew it up because of gap closing+damage properties; something unique to partisan for far too long, and pigeonholed tons S atk users into needing a lambda patty lumeria to keep up with things like zonde Fo/Fi in the one-shot department. Lightning Fo/Fi being massively popular back then.

So yes, part of the reason why it was so popular was because Fo/Fis made it a necessary evil. Using assbuster to get from spawn to spawn, and even kill something before it got zonde one shot by Fos was part of the reason people liked assbuster. I guess we have Fos to thank for 1 of the 3-4 reasons melee was pigeonholed into needing a partisan.

You've got wired lances with stupid broken holding current.
    Using it on small enemies is a waste since they die in two ticks, and you're stuck in the animation.

It's only good on stunnable bosses, which of course isn't every boss.

For the longest time you had backhand smash with its godly boss killing damage.
    ... and required kissing range, and around twice the PP cost of most techs. You need 135 PP to even have the privalage of using it three times consecutively. Now it's a bad PA who's damage does not justify the PP cost anymore instead of being a situational one with literally the worst range in the game.

Forgot to mention how Hu went from being generally bad outside of assbuster and over end (those didn't come until VH) with a skill tree no one really cared about with its two non-tech JA bonuses, to being good as long as you didn't use their weapons until episode 3.

Entire melee weapon categories fell by the wayside.
    Only time techs as a whole did was at the SH release.

Didn't even mention the power of element conversion, which I consider a major part of the cause elysion, a wand, had to be nerfed; before element conversion, uncharged ilbarta from elysion could one-shot non-weak small mobs. But sure, let's just give them another 25% damage multipier when their new techs are this strong.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 17, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Zero risk in being ranged? LOL. Ranger is one of the worst classes in terms of dodging. At least as a melee class or FO you're pretty much untouchable. Launchers and rifles are the clunkiest damn ways to fight enemies and freeze you in place so much compared to anything else.

Hunter weapons are kinda bad too though IMO. Fi Br Te Bo melees are all really great for dodging though.
    Yes, zero risk. There is no argument for ranged classes when your skills and pa's give you the capability to one-shot nigh every boss in the game from FAR outside their attack range.

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Zero risk in being ranged? LOL. Ranger is one of the worst classes in terms of dodging. At least as a melee class or FO you're pretty much untouchable.
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I read that.

Melee classes always got the short end of the stick because the long range classes killed things too quickly for them to do much. Melee classes are actually extremely safe despite their short range, or rather because short range isn't an obstacle for safety. Being closer to enemy attacks is meaningless if you have better options for such a situation, which is exactly the case with melee classes. Best dodge action, most attacks can be guard or step canceled, generally high HP, and the best mobility.

Unrelated, it's rather amusing to see people whining about classes and getting things wrong in the process. Not even a complaint about Additional Bullet being the best option for melee classes in many situations back in VH.