Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation FFXIV A Realm Reborn 2.4 Dreams of Ice trailer

Dual wielding is in!! This is very very cool. NIN was my primary in FFXI (well not really, it was super expensive and a lot of crafting/spending just to be able to use ninjutsu). This looks much more well designed and user friendly since you don't have to craft or spend gil for ammo/tools. The skill system is made so everyone has the necessary techniques either through leveling or advancing in the guild quests. I guess Rogue = Thief in Eorzea, very interesting stories and skillsets this will have. There are already hints at what the Expansion story could bring (though 2.5 is going bridge that gap.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbiFK4tcz9w

Now if they added recipe to make whoppers (with two handed hamburger eating animations),
    that would really improve things.

Shiva is wearing too much.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

This post isn't anywhere long enough for a Saner post.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    This post isn't anywhere long enough for a Saner post.
    Waaaaa. People complain whether my posts are long or short.

Well at least I place the signature whopper

Also, Heavensward (3.0) expansion is revealed.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    Waaaaa. People complain whether my posts are long or short.
    Mostly because your formatting on your posts is absolutely...disgusting? Wretched? Vile? Any of those.

Aka make things readable and I might care.

First time I've stuck to a themepark MMO. I dig it.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

So I've been thinking about giving this game a go. I was wondering what are some aspects of this game that people here enjoy. I remember playing this game when it FIRST came out all incomplete and shit and was left with a very bad taste in my mouth. But the videos I've seen of it are just blowing me away. I'm kind of a hardcore casual gamer these days, and usually looking for a quick fix. I remember 11 was a huge hardcore game where you had to be on for hours to make any progress. It was alright but when you've grown up, you don't have the luxury of making those kinds of decisions as freely as you used to. At least as I used to.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    I remember playing this game when it FIRST came out all incomplete and shit and was left with a very bad taste in my mouth.
    1.X was a slog, and I never made it all that far as a soloist. The storyline in ARR is a continuation by and large, so if you are familiar with the plot from the original, the story of ARR will have a bit more gravity. The main questline explains enough that newcomers will understand what's going on, provided they actually read the text.

I remember 11 was a huge hardcore game where you had to be on for hours to make any progress. It was alright but when you've grown up, you don't have the luxury of making those kinds of decisions as freely as you used to.
    ARR takes a cue from late-days 11 in that there are a plurality of ways to advance without the need for a party. That said, parties are necessary for most duties, and the wait can be substantial depending primarily upon your class, though there are other factors. DPS can sometimes wait for 30 minutes to get a spot, but there aren't many restrictions on what you can do while you're waiting.

But the videos I've seen of it are just blowing me away. I'm kind of a hardcore casual gamer these days, and usually looking for a quick fix.
    Even with a little time, you can make to most of casual play through challenges and daily roulettes, both of which will net you bonus blocks of EXP, and depending on your level, are completed without a large investment of time.

I was wondering what are some aspects of this game that people here enjoy.
    Speaking for myself, and I'm well behind the others I know who play...

I'm enjoying Hunts quite a bit now, since I am behind on the gear grind and the seals are a way to close the gap until I can reach the more difficult content. I'm leveling most of the crafting classes while I queue for dungeons and will eventually craft PVP gear and try to break into the Wolves' Den (arena).

I'm pretty casual as well, so I usually pop on a few days a week and do dailies, grind up gear exchange tokens and reputation... there's never a shortage of stuff to do and I always feel like I'm making progress.

My 2 Gil, for what it's worth.

There is a free trial coming to PS3 and PS4, you can't party or shout but still basically have access to the content (though if you can't party, wonder if free trial users can duty finder? otherwise, they can't advance the story past lv. 15ish ,which is Satasha.)

Still, a lot can be accomplished in 14 days

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/02...3-december-24/

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    1.X was a slog, and I never made it all that far as a soloist. The storyline in ARR is a continuation by and large, so if you are familiar with the plot from the original, the story of ARR will have a bit more gravity. The main questline explains enough that newcomers will understand what's going on, provided they actually read the text.

ARR takes a cue from late-days 11 in that there are a plurality of ways to advance without the need for a party. That said, parties are necessary for most duties, and the wait can be substantial depending primarily upon your class, though there are other factors. DPS can sometimes wait for 30 minutes to get a spot, but there aren't many restrictions on what you can do while you're waiting.

Even with a little time, you can make to most of casual play through challenges and daily roulettes, both of which will net you bonus blocks of EXP, and depending on your level, are completed without a large investment of time.

Speaking for myself, and I'm well behind the others I know who play...

I'm enjoying Hunts quite a bit now, since I am behind on the gear grind and the seals are a way to close the gap until I can reach the more difficult content. I'm leveling most of the crafting classes while I queue for dungeons and will eventually craft PVP gear and try to break into the Wolves' Den (arena).

I'm pretty casual as well, so I usually pop on a few days a week and do dailies, grind up gear exchange tokens and reputation... there's never a shortage of stuff to do and I always feel like I'm making progress.

My 2 Gil, for what it's worth.
    Great feedback man. I'm sold.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."