Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Picking a class

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Well, it's all mix 'n match in this game so no point in asking on a forum.
    You don't choose one class for the rest of the game, you swap class and mix with any subclass in the lobby between quests.

Just try out a bunch of classes and see which you like best.

Also, hearsay but didn't someone mention 75% Perfect Keeper in the new live stream?
    That implies All tree reset passes, as long as you have the class.
    With all classes instantly unlocked you may always qualify but can't get to get to lvl 2 as gunner.
    Also make a 2nd character and get him/her to lvl 2 as gunner for a 2nd pass, these are extremely useful.

Also, as long as you don't have more than 2 characters total you can always delete and recreate them.
    So, make one random character now, grab the pass and then delete again or whatever, you can make a new 2nd when you actually want to use it.
    The patch hit and Perfect Keeper is now 75% but no free reset pass

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    The patch hit and Perfect Keeper is now 75% but no free reset pass
    sega, why you do this to us! D:

I assume cause there are no skills for several or all classes in November.
    Too many free passes for Sega's taste.

Quote Originally Posted by rinsha View Post
    Well if I can change sub class later id start by subbing hunter and yeah im thinking two different characters atm
    Yeah, you can change main and subclass at any time by talking to the guy at the class counter.

My assessment was just for multipliers, and how the skills work, by the way. The actual playstyles are closer to what Rayden described.

Hunter is weakest melee? That is very wrong.
    If anything, FI is the weakest link right now in terms of usefulness and the power of their weapons vs. HU weapons and katana
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Oct 22, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    This is just my opinion, but I would personally describe them like this instead:

Hunter: Best survivability, mid-level melee, weakest techs, least versatile, best for Zondeel mobbing (if survivability is an issue).
    Fighter: Weakest melee, best techs overall, most versatile, best for bosses overall.
    Braver: Best melee, mid-level techs overall, best for Zondeel mobbing (if survivability isn't an issue).

The only thing here that I'm a little unsure on is Hunter's bossing strength, as I haven't tried using the buffed Hunter PAs with it. Holding Current seems to be really strong though.

To me, Fighter feels vastly more versatile than Hunter or Braver, as it always has stronger uncharged techs, and stronger charged techs when not matching elements. Braver is much more restrictive in that it forces you to target elemental weaknesses, and forces you to cast from the subpalette if using bows.

When it comes to bossing, Fighter can be in Wise Stance almost all the time, giving it higher damage multipliers than Braver's Weak Stance, without even having to match elemental weaknesses, and without having to charge techs. Braver can increase the damage multiplier with Rapid Shoot Mastery and/or Banish Arrow, but Fighter can also increase it with Chase Advance Plus, Tech Arts JA Bonus, and/or PP Slayer.

I suppose technically Braver can achieve the highest tech damage with Banish Arrow, but that requires very specific equipment, very specific tech usage, and is inconvenient with the subpalette casting. I find it very restrictive, not versatile.

I hope this isn't going to confuse rinsha, but I wanted to add my perspective to it.
    Wow that's a lot to take in....

So lets see if I understand this correctly:

Hunter is easiest and provides more survivability

Fighter can stack dmg fairly easily to achieve more dps output

Braver can provide some amazing damage output but requires a lot of effort (or its equal to fighter but still requires a lot of effort?)

is that right?

It may be a little confusing now but hopefully later down the line the knowledge will come in handy so the more views and opinions I hear now the easier itll be later when it all starts falling into place... I hope...

(Broken record mode)

Just try various playstyle, find the ones you want to focus on, then ask how to improve it and/or if worth the time. You might find something you enjoy more than what was said in this thread.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

just messing with various classes is how I found out I liked the gunslash now ive ended up with a char which I plan to play with to make the most of my gunslash

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Hunter is weakest melee? That is very wrong.
    If anything, FI is the weakest link right now in terms of usefulness and the power of their weapons vs. HU weapons and katana
    Please double check for context. Hunter provides the weakest melee potential when used as a subclass for Techer. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rinsha View Post
    So lets see if I understand this correctly:

Hunter is easiest and provides more survivability

Fighter can stack dmg fairly easily to achieve more dps output

Braver can provide some amazing damage output but requires a lot of effort (or its equal to fighter but still requires a lot of effort?)

is that right?

It may be a little confusing now but hopefully later down the line the knowledge will come in handy so the more views and opinions I hear now the easier itll be later when it all starts falling into place... I hope...
    Braver requires effort in terms of gathering equipment. Fighter, equipment-wise, is easiest, because all of Fighter's weapons are essentially useless to a melee Techer. Hunter has useful weapons, but they aren't as important as Braver's. What you get out of Braver weapons is significant, however, mainly bows. I think it would be easiest to explain by showing how bows can be used as a Techer. The bow used has extremely high T-ATK and an excellent potential on top of allowing Techer (and Force and Bouncer) to equip it. Because of how useful this bow is, getting it is a very good idea, but can be quite difficult, because it drops from Burn Draal (this is less difficult if you have premium, as you can buy your own weapons this way).

In terms of DPS, I think it would go like this:

Te/Br > Te/Fi = Te/Hu

But only if you have that bow. If you don't have that bow, they're all roughly equal. All three have their own tactics for bosses, but their methods for dealing with ordinary enemies are essentially the same.