Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Fo-Te class: need your opinion

Hi to everyone reading to my thread.

lets 1st start off of me saying that all stated here are only SEA version
    so far
    with Level 50 cap, +10 SP available
    VH unlocked with Dark Falz Elder and DD available w/ Skyscape TACO as well.

now. back on business, im asking you guys... if you can be a critic and give me your OWN personal opinions about my current skill tree...

what listed below are my current skill trees.
    Force:
    (fire mastery)
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/ol...000000Ib000008
    (Lighting Mastery)
    note:here im not sure about this tree.
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/old/06/skillcalc.php?06IdbnIkbnIkbnIkIYIkIYIkIYIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OI22SIkjbAbncF0000 9b0000000Ib000008

Techer:
    (Light Mastery)
    note: here my plan is to get PP convert next upon mastering PP restraint.
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/ol...q000007b000008
    and Finally...

(Dark Mastery)
    note: i think i over spend my SP on PP convert
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/old/06/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIYIkbnIk0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000j4O7dI2b2qxHX 00000lb00000

Note: i forgot im a Female Newman with DF set and elder rod
    (PmIII and ragne soul)

THANK YOU FOR BEING A WISE CRITIC

Does SEA have Zondeel yet?

This is very important.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Does SEA have Zondeel yet?

This is very important.
    yes we do have one we call it zondial along with NAzan, Samegid, Ragrants, Safoie, and Sabarta

Well, Flame S Charge is a large part of fire tech DPS, so I'd recommend maxing that instead of dipping into lightning. You could either keep 1SP in Lightning Mastery if you actually use stuff besides Zondeel, or put a point in Rare Mastery to boost fire more (I have to ask, this is in the game, right?).

Note the bonuses per skill point invested. You'd get more damage (with lightning) if you take some points out of Tech Charge to max the Mastery. You'd get even more damage (with a talis) by taking more points from (the other) Tech Charge and grab Talis Tech Bonus. Otherwise that's really all you can do, unless you wanted cheaper techs instead.

So you'd end up with: Fire and Lightning

Unfortunately for SEA wizards, you don't have the SP nor the Good™ trees to get the same level of multipliers for lightning and ice techs as you could with fire. And the obvious S Charge making fire super fast spam which is still a problem today in Japan.

Alternatively, you could ignore fire/ice/lightning and go all in on general damage to improve wind/light/dark, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you bought multiple trees.

For the Techer trees, I don't think you should skip out on Territory Burst. Just the fact that it works for Zondial makes it super busted. You won't get PP Convert without 10 more SP, anyway.

So I'd do this for Light, or instead of TB PP Save you could get Super Treatment or Just Reversal (or Rare Mastery if you'll main Techer instead)

Element Weak Hit scales a lot worse than masteries, so you definitely want to max that out. Just the first point in a mastery works wonders. I think I remember using a Dark build like this before. Could probably check out the old Build threads here for inspiration!

And of course, you can just not use Techer at all, but sub Fighter instead. Brave Stance is like two more Fire/Lightning Masteries!
    PSO2 Trivia:

Well, Flame S Charge is a large part of fire tech DPS, so I'd recommend maxing that instead of dipping into lightning. You could either keep 1SP in Lightning Mastery if you actually use stuff besides Zondeel, or put a point in Rare Mastery to boost fire more (I have to ask, this is in the game, right?).

Note the bonuses per skill point invested. You'd get more damage (with lightning) if you take some points out of Tech Charge to max the Mastery. You'd get even more damage (with a talis) by taking more points from (the other) Tech Charge and grab Talis Tech Bonus. Otherwise that's really all you can do, unless you wanted cheaper techs instead.

So you'd end up with: Fire and Lightning

Unfortunately for SEA wizards, you don't have the SP nor the Good™ trees to get the same level of multipliers for lightning and ice techs as you could with fire. And the obvious S Charge making fire super fast spam which is still a problem today in Japan.

Alternatively, you could ignore fire/ice/lightning and go all in on general damage to improve wind/light/dark, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you bought multiple trees.

For the Techer trees, I don't think you should skip out on Territory Burst. Just the fact that it works for Zondial makes it super busted. You won't get PP Convert without 10 more SP, anyway.

So I'd do this for Light, or instead of TB PP Save you could get Super Treatment or Just Reversal (or Rare Mastery if you'll main Techer instead)

Element Weak Hit scales a lot worse than masteries, so you definitely want to max that out. Just the first point in a mastery works wonders. I think I remember using a Dark build like this before. Could probably check out the old Build threads here for inspiration!

And of course, you can just not use Techer at all, but sub Fighter instead. Brave Stance is like two more Fire/Lightning Masteries!
    WOW! thumbs for you sir!

i see this very well thought out! but if i do may ask.
    1. is getting Talis mastery like i did is a bad choice?
    2. yes i have thought of mastering S charge on fire is well deserved to be mastered! but i realize... hmm im nuking yes! but after 6 to 7 charges ill be zero PP fast.
    so i didnt mastered it.
    3. in the longer run. i neglected to ask is. in terms of damage over all. is Photon flare tree worth to try?
    and lastly....
    4. any recommendations for tree for wind and ice?
    Last edited by Darkchi_08; Oct 22, 2014 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchi_08 View Post
    yes we do have one we call it zondial along with NAzan, Samegid, Ragrants, Safoie, and Sabarta
    Hello? This is Zon calling, am I speaking with the North American Zan?

I recommend that you go wind/lightning rather than wind/ice.

Because of the Zandeon technic that's coming in... oh, probably one and a half years time for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchi_08 View Post
    WOW! thumbs for you sir!

i see this very well thought out! but if i do may ask.
    1. is getting Talis mastery like i did is a bad choice?
    2. yes i have thought of mastering S charge on fire is well deserved to be mastered! but i realize... hmm im nuking yes! but after 6 to 7 charges ill be zero PP fast.
    so i didnt mastered it.
    3. in the longer run. i neglected to ask is. in terms of damage over all. is Photon flare tree worth to try?
    and lastly....
    4. any recommendations for tree for wind and ice?
    1. If you don't really use a talis much, then yeah it's a bad choice. But despite equivalent rods having more T-Atk, the skill still outputs more damage with a talis. Even without the skill, using Zondial at a distance is extremely effective. Techs like Foie, Gizonde, or Ragrants are harder to use, though.

2. That'd be a reasonable compromise if you could improve the damage of each cast by sacrificing charge speed, but you can't go far enough into the lightning tree for Tech JA (yet). If you raised your mag for tech stats, it should have PP Recovery J, as well as a Photon Blast that recovers PP. Along with Techer's PP regen skills, you should be well equipped to spam fire.

Another trick is to use a gunslash (gun mode) to safely regen PP at a distance. A talis can be used for that purpose as well, but it's slower unless there's a lot of enemies clumped together. You could also try an all-class double blade for close range regen, although you wouldn't have step attack as Fo/Te.

3. The amount of T-Atk you get from Photon Flare is okay, possibly better for you now with a lower level cap, however the duration is much too short to be worth it. Also it requires a heavy investment into Ice, so you probably can't really use it with either Fire or Lightning builds. Not sure if the Sabarta you have now is as terrible as it was in JP PSO2 when it first came out, but I still wouldn't rely on it.

4. Zan is pretty good, and Nazan is finally worth using now in JP, but it's not exactly a main element. Plus with that level cap/skilltree, you can't get EWH and PPC along with full Wind Masteries, much the same way that Ice gets shafted just for being where it is on the tree.

You can certainly use them if you want, but you'll definitely need another element to fall back on.
    PSO2 Trivia:

1. If you don't really use a talis much, then yeah it's a bad choice. But despite equivalent rods having more T-Atk, the skill still outputs more damage with a talis. Even without the skill, using Zondial at a distance is extremely effective. Techs like Foie, Gizonde, or Ragrants are harder to use, though.

2. That'd be a reasonable compromise if you could improve the damage of each cast by sacrificing charge speed, but you can't go far enough into the lightning tree for Tech JA (yet). If you raised your mag for tech stats, it should have PP Recovery J, as well as a Photon Blast that recovers PP. Along with Techer's PP regen skills, you should be well equipped to spam fire.

Another trick is to use a gunslash (gun mode) to safely regen PP at a distance. A talis can be used for that purpose as well, but it's slower unless there's a lot of enemies clumped together. You could also try an all-class double blade for close range regen, although you wouldn't have step attack as Fo/Te.

3. The amount of T-Atk you get from Photon Flare is okay, possibly better for you now with a lower level cap, however the duration is much too short to be worth it. Also it requires a heavy investment into Ice, so you probably can't really use it with either Fire or Lightning builds. Not sure if the Sabarta you have now is as terrible as it was in JP PSO2 when it first came out, but I still wouldn't rely on it.

4. Zan is pretty good, and Nazan is finally worth using now in JP, but it's not exactly a main element. Plus with that level cap/skilltree, you can't get EWH and PPC along with full Wind Masteries, much the same way that Ice gets shafted just for being where it is on the tree.

You can certainly use them if you want, but you'll definitely need another element to fall back on.
    then i should have mastered deck/talis after all;
    i guess that covers all i want to know so far i hope,
    Lastly i wanted to ask is that,
    since Elysion is now available for us to loot here in SEA and its extremely hard to get in DF elder (VH).
    does Elysion in future episodes or versions drop more often than now and secondary is ELysion would be considered the "ultimate" weapon of all mages in pso2?

Well, if it's a direct choice between +5% damage with everything (rods) and +20% damage with only talis, the lower T-Atk on talii makes it less of an obvious choice. I personally didn't take Talis Tech Bonus on a fire build since I'd rather have stronger Foie from a rod. Other techs benefit more from it, so it depends on how you want to play.

Elysion does drop more often, especially in the Mining Base EQs. It's also been nerfed, though I'm not sure when that'll happen in SEA. It's also not the be all and end all, since the vast majority of techs are worthless uncharged. It's great for burst damage, but drains your PP really quickly.
    PSO2 Trivia: