Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default This games Shifta/deband is the worst i have seen.

Not only does shfita/deband ignore armor and weapons and gear, they also had to make it annoying as fuck to actually use, I mean its pretty stupid how u have to cast it then sit in all the ticks, and its not like u can stand there charge shifta, then charge and cast deband while shifta is going on, it cancels it. Is there anyway to make it apply the full buff with 1 tick? because these 2 spells are horribly implemented, I spend more time buffing myself than I do killing the stuff on my main, Only lv 30 ish atm, but these 2 spells are reallly grating on my nerves with the time I need to waste to recast it so often and then have to stand there like an idiot for all 4 or 5 ticks, then do the same thing 2 more times, then I need to repeat this with deband if I want a full buff.

Halp please, I know these spells are awesome later but for now they seem to just be an annoyence. Also I am a Fo/te and its still pretty bad.

Also when a skill says +100% damage like most level 1 +damage skills do, does it add 100% to the base power? or does it really do 0 with that first skill point?

You can if you're part fighter and use the adrenaline skill or are techer main

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Also I am a Fo/te and its still pretty bad.
    Techer has a skill that make shifta and deband more bearable to use, but that skill require techer to be the main class, it makes it so each tick gives 45 seconds instead of just 15.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Just leave the buffing to the TEs in your party. They have a skill that increases the time limit of buffs and increases the time granted per tick, plus unless you have Shifta Strike, Deband Toughness and possibly Deband Cut, Shifta and Deband offer only meager bonuses.

You can also craft your Shifta and Deband recipes so they tick faster.

Ahh I am talking in regards to soloing. Its pretty annoying heh.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

You can also cast Shifta / deband in-between your spam ..... or as part of combo. Just to maintain them, of course. No need to keep them at maxed time all the time.
    Craft it for another tick helps a lot though.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Ahh I am talking in regards to soloing. Its pretty annoying heh.
    Shifta without a TE main gives so little damage that it's not even worth the PP.

Ditto for Deband.

Yeah Shifta/Deband are terrible in this game unless you're a Techer who's invested heavily in their respective trees. Probably the worst Shifta/Deband in the history of Phantasy Star, maybe even with the Techer buffs. On the bright side, at least techniques are affected by shifta this time around.
    My Youtube
    PSO2 Ship 2 - Ur
    Player ID Name: シュレーディンガーの自己観察の Player ID# 12806332
    Character name: Schrodinger
    HU75 FI60 RA75 GU70 FO70 TE70 BRA59 BO49

It helps. You'll notice an improvement from big 6-digit techs though. I still cast for the whole 3 minutes and re-cast just before a boss fight. No big deal.

I'l admit, S/D is a bit... lackluster, in PSO2. The damage augmentation is minimal, at best, and you're only able to benefit from it from the Jet Boot PA casts. Include its relatively short buff time, and, well...

Didn't S/D last for like several minutes in past PS games? I remember using S/D in PSO1, and cleared nearly all of a block of Ruins before having to cast, again. And in PSU, it lasted even longer.
    Ship 02