Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

As a FO/TE I'm glad S&D are not as good as in previous games, this way no one expects me to buff them. In PSU this was ridiculous, casting 5 different buff techs... and the game was already extremely easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    I'l admit, S/D is a bit... lackluster, in PSO2. The damage augmentation is minimal, at best, and you're only able to benefit from it from the Jet Boot PA casts. Include its relatively short buff time, and, well...

Didn't S/D last for like several minutes in past PS games? I remember using S/D in PSO1, and cleared nearly all of a block of Ruins before having to cast, again. And in PSU, it lasted even longer.
    They lasted way longer in past games. And had HUGE ranges under certain conditions. In pso1 range extender weapons like madams umbrella or being a class that had 2x range naturally. Combine those two and besides boss rooms and a handful of special rooms you could buff everyone by just standing in the center. The boost had a great modifier in terms of numbers but I don't remember them being a HUGE game changer unless coupled with Jellen and Zalure.

In psu they lasted not as long but were definitely more noticeable. To the point that, that's when they first introduced meds to give non casters buffs. Range was about the same at level 50 as a Fomarl without weapon extending range.

in pso2 I would say it's a little apples and oranges. in PSO1 there's no comparison.. Shifta was purely for Attack. No bonus to MST which always irritated me and no bonus to whatever magic defense was.. I forget. Better for every class but sucks for forces. Compared to psu there were better however not only was shifta and deband of pso2 separated into 3 different buffs(4th one doesn't apply to pso2) and debuffs. But each one had to be leveled separately in the most mind numbingly obnoxious way.

So at the end of the day I would take PSO2 version of shifta and deband as a force. I kind of adjusted to not really having buffs on my none casting jobs it's just a different game. It sucks that you have to have techer mained to get the most out of it, Bouncer subbed to get the absolutely best or just have either subbed to make it possibly worth casting.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

PSU buffs were a pain in the ass because you had seven (counting the 4 main buffs, Gigrants, Dizas and Rentis), but they lasted 5 minutes by default, and also importantly, you did have a visual cue on your character that helped keeping track of them easily (call me scatterbrained, but I always forget to recast my buffs because I never notice I ran out of them, I almost never look at my character's health bar).

Honestly, if only they laster 5 minutes each that would make anything bearable here, even having to wait for the 4 tics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    PSU buffs were a pain in the ass because you had seven (counting the 4 main buffs, Gigrants, Dizas and Rentis), but they lasted 5 minutes by default, and also importantly, you did have a visual cue on your character that helped keeping track of them easily (call me scatterbrained, but I always forget to recast my buffs because I never notice I ran out of them, I almost never look at my character's health bar).

Honestly, if only they laster 5 minutes each that would make anything bearable here, even having to wait for the 4 tics.
    Yeah I really miss the aura that buffs gave you. I wish the icons for buffs had timers on them at least, but Sega be too lazy. It's a pain to have to go to the options and character info just to see how long certain buffs have left.
    My Youtube
    PSO2 Ship 2 - Ur
    Player ID Name: シュレーディンガーの自己観察の Player ID# 12806332
    Character name: Schrodinger
    HU75 FI60 RA75 GU70 FO70 TE70 BRA59 BO49

when i solo as te/fi
    i just use them uncharged
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Techer is the only class Shifta/Deband are useful for. They suck for every other class that can use them.

Hence the thread.

Hey, Shiftarides are like better cakes for nontech classes. That's totally not useless at all.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

^ JP PSU had for Support:

Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Rentis, - Basic Buff Techics for ATP/DFP/ATA/TP 2 secs each.

Megistar - Adv. version to the basic four does all of them for half the time ( 4 secs. ) for taking damage for 8 secs.

Jellen, Zalure, Zoldeel ( 2 secs. ), Grants (3 secs.) - The four Debuffs

Resta, Reverser (acted like Anti )(2 secs.), Giresta (acted like Reverser, Resta with an HP regain that also Stacked for 10~16 ticks over your HP) (5 secs.), Megiverse (sucked HP from enemies) (3 secs.)

Rentis, Dizas, Foverse - the Three Barrier Buffs (3 secs.)

At the end It was Megistar for Solo (the other 4 were used in parties only), Giresta, and the Barrier Techic's. The Barrier Tech's lasted more then 5 mins since they were based on hits and the other techics were casted before rooms or Boss rooms not that big of a deal really.

Even with Techer as a subclass, you can cast each of them S&D times and it will last 3 minutes. In a team of 4, that can last you for half a floor.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Even with Techer as a subclass, you can cast each of them S&D times and it will last 3 minutes. In a team of 4, that can last you for half a floor.
    But that requires everyone to stop longer!