Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was hoping to test not running the tweaker as admin, to see if there really is a difference, but I can't seem to even run the tweaker without admin permissions. Though I've never had any notable change in framerate between using the official launcher or the tweaker.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

I seem to be having a problem that sounds very close to the OP's so I'll hijack this thread for a moment. When using the base ENG patch, I seem to be getting all these stutters and long loading (mostly in the main lobby). This happens on 3 different computers with 3 different SSD's. However, not using the ENG patch or only the files under 700KB seem to run the game just fine. This is with the Tweaker and without (Amazon PPTP server VPN).

This does not happen on my HDD of my main computer on a fresh power-on, but sometimes happens when the game has started after the PC has been woken from sleep. The one thing the computers have in common are that they are all on WIFI and I currently do not have access to ethernet or messing with the settings. Someone in a previous tech support thread seemed have this stuttering issue and it was fixed by replacing the modem.

Since something definitely seemed to change with the OP's internet connection, that seems to be a likely culprit. However I'd like to fix this without having to mess with my modem/router (because I currently can't) and the admin thing does not work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphus View Post
    I seem to be having a problem that sounds very close to the OP's so I'll hijack this thread for a moment. When using the base ENG patch, I seem to be getting all these stutters and long loading (mostly in the main lobby). This happens on 3 different computers with 3 different SSD's. However, not using the ENG patch or only the files under 700KB seem to run the game just fine. This is with the Tweaker and without (Amazon PPTP server VPN).

This does not happen on my HDD of my main computer on a fresh power-on, but sometimes happens when the game has started after the PC has been woken from sleep. The one thing the computers have in common are that they are all on WIFI and I currently do not have access to ethernet or messing with the settings. Someone in a previous tech support thread seemed have this stuttering issue and it was fixed by replacing the modem.

Since something definitely seemed to change with the OP's internet connection, that seems to be a likely culprit. However I'd like to fix this without having to mess with my modem/router (because I currently can't) and the admin thing does not work for me.

Just play without the English patch. Like I said earlier my friend has the same problem. If he removes the English patch all goes back to running smoothly.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    That's... very odd. And this works every time without fail?
    Almost.

I've been using WTFast as my proxy, since I figured it lags slightly less than the PSO2 proxy. So yesterday I tried messing with its settings (changing ports, enabling/desabling nogle algorithm and whatnot) and after I did so, I started getting the fps drop thing again, even when running the tweaker as admin.

I thought it was one of the settings I changed in WTFast that caused it, so I started to slowly resume then to my old setup, one by one, to see which of them would've caused it. Turns out that after resuming it to the exact same settings as before, the fps drop went on (AND AS A PLUS, PSO2 FOR SOME REASON RESET MY CONTROL BINDINGS TO THE DEFAULT UPON ONE OF MY LOGINS FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON @#%@#$@%#). Confused as fuck, I restarted the PC and after that, running the tweaker as admin worked as usual lol. I didnt dare to try and mess with WTFast's settings again though...I might yolo and try it again today later on.

Other than this episode, I believe that yes, running the tweaker as admin has been always stopping the fps drop issue, and yes, I find it weird as fuck myself...but im just glad I can play properly <_>.

Mind you, I'm using the eng patch during all this, but only the eng patch for now (not large files or story).

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Actually /\

I take that back. The last few days ive been starting the tweaker as admin and my fps drop will still be there sometimes. Honestly, I have no idea what triggers/solves it anymore lol. But I've only managed to NOT have the fps drop by starting the tweaker as admin so far...so I guess it has something to do with it

Edit:

In fact, im repeatedly reloging right now running it as admin, and my fps drops just stays there, so idk how the fuck to stop it now. Ah, the joy.

Edit2:

After restarting the PC now and trying again, it worked. Honestly...I don't even.

Wish I could understand how this works lol, does anyone have any clue?
    Last edited by LinkKD; Oct 31, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!