Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thanks for the link, will check when I got the time.

And my main point was that Warcry is pointless in TD (most people recommend it for precisely this reason).

It certainly is a nice thing to have as Wise Stance only fighter or melee class that wants to get some kills in other MPAs but it's not a great tool to get aggro during TD.

Speaking of which, didn't some previous patch notes mention that light techs now draw aggro away from Towers? Has anyone checked this?

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Thanks for the link, will check when I got the time.

And my main point was that Warcry is pointless in TD (most people recommend it for precisely this reason).

It certainly is a nice thing to have as Wise Stance only fighter or melee class that wants to get some kills in other MPAs but it's not a great tool to get aggro during TD.

Speaking of which, didn't some previous patch notes mention that light techs now draw aggro away from Towers? Has anyone checked this?
    Except it's not pointless during TD, I don't know where you are getting this idea.

it pulls enemies towards when you press the button.

so they run at you instead of running at, say, the tower.

No. I tried that several times when close and nothing happened.
    It may work but it's hardly the reliable aggro generation to instantly protect towers and walls some people make it out to be.

maybe you're doing it wrong.

every single time I use it, golrahdas continue charging at the tower for a few seconds before turning around to try to kill me.

it's not an instant effect in the sense that their aggro doesn't change instantly for a few seconds (at least for me) but in terms of success rate it never fails, even if they're currently wailing on a tower or wall.

Even Showtime works that way so I don't see why War Cry wouldn't. Showtime, shoot mob, mob runs past you then U-turns and comes back.

OK, now I see.
    if the enemies are close enough to reach the towers / walls before warcry takes full effect (i.e. they turn around and attack you), it's too late.
    That's what I did.

Warcry only works if you get enemies while they are way out of reach of a tower or wall so you don't have to compete with that kind of aggro.

Still, the blanket statements I always see about how super useful warcry is in TD are nonsense because it's like recommending shifta strike / deband toughness regardless if someone is te main or not.
    Only half the info and invalid without the other half.