Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any good Gu/Ra / Ra/Gu or Gu/Br / Br/Gu skill builds?

I'm kinda looking for good Ra/Gu (vice versa) or Br/Gu (vice versa) skill builds if anyone has one. And... I guess this will be my first time (for all of my PSO2 gaming life) to play as a Gunner class. So... Any of you guys can give out a good build for gunners and some tips as well on how to play? Really appreciate it and thanks if ever.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Gunner discussion thread.

Current build thread.

Read through those, take a grain of salt on some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Gunner discussion thread.

Current build thread.

Read through those, take a grain of salt on some things.
    Uhh... That's great and all, but I'm more specific than digging it out. That's why I requested this post for some builds not search for them.

In the time it took you to post that response you could have taken the 30 seconds needed to open the build thread and see all the information you are looking for.

If you can't even do that......

To be fair the build in the build thread hasn't been updated for SRJA nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArcher View Post
    In the time it took you to post that response you could have taken the 30 seconds needed to open the build thread and see all the information you are looking for.

If you can't even do that......
    I'm pretty sure I went for a request than a search that's why I made this post. I know you have a good point that "why not search for it instead of waiting." but as far as I've seen there are different builds for gunners, not to mention that Stylish Roll got nerfed so I'm seeing if there are people who can give out alternatives for a build. And I'm looking for a finished product, latest, effective and specific skill build. Searching through discussions as given in the link above wouldn't help much on what I'm requesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    To be fair the build in the build thread hasn't been updated for SRJA nerf.
    As I've heard, yeah. I was wondering if others have an alternative Gunner builds instead of the nerfed Stylish Roll build though.
    Last edited by SakuRei; Oct 31, 2014 at 04:06 PM.

Unfortunately Gunner is still in a state of flux, considering the last PA adjustment happened less than two weeks ago and we are scheduled for yet another shakeup with level 75 skills in the coming weeks.

With level 75, they will be adding Dive Roll Attack, which means Dive Roll Advance might be a thing since you will finally be able to JA from forward movement without Dead Approach. There will also be a new skill called One More Time which works with Showtime but we don't know how it will work with High Time yet.

There is still a lot of experimentation going on so don't expect a finished product anytime soon.

For current builds, you can look at final_attack's builds here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...postcount=2026

They're solid max damage builds but have very little room for error. Lv3 Chain trigger means if you miss your chain you're screwed for more than 2 minutes.

UnLucky's build in the build thread can also be good as a more user-friendly choice with some slight adjustments.

• Option 1: Burst Damage - Take out the 9 points in S. Roll side and 1 point from either Chain Trigger or Attack PP Restorate and max RATK Up 2 or 3. Your non-SRJA attacks are is 3-4% stronger than the latter two options. Mostly useful for squeezing out extra damage during Chain Trigger.
    • Option 2: Sustain Damage - Take out the 9 points from S. Roll side, max Showtime Star, Toughness Time and Chain Trigger. You get 2-3 more SatAims during Showtime, depending on your base PP.
    • Option 3: Long-Range - Leave the build as-is. You are a super safe (read: low-risk low-reward) player who likes spamming SRJA Elder Rebellion while hovering 20ft in the sky until the boss flops over and you pop 20-chain SatAim with full ZRA.
    Last edited by Selphea; Oct 31, 2014 at 09:18 PM.

I'm curious about the Chain Trigger btw. After it receives the finished number or the gold signal, I must use a PA to deliver a max damage accumulated by the chain attacks? And it doesn't matter if I use a SRJA/JA or charged PA after the Chain Finish?

Quote Originally Posted by SakuRei View Post
    I'm curious about the Chain Trigger btw. After it receives the finished number or the gold signal, I must use a PA to deliver a max damage accumulated by the chain attacks? And it doesn't matter if I use a SRJA/JA or charged PA after the Chain Finish?
    Once it turns gold i.e. you use a PA or tech to activate it, you have a ~3 second window where all PAs and techs you do on that spot will receive the bonus damage from Chain. The window is long enough for three SatAims in the air, two SatAims on the ground or a full Elder Rebellion. Alternatively, you can switch weapons if you want to use a different PA e.g. SATK build with Holding Current. Swiki has an updated chart for Chain Trigger bonus damage scaling.

Anything else you do to increase damage, e.g. SRJA, JA, TAJA, is multiplicative with the bonus.

Charging matters in that 1) your charge cannot be longer than either the chain window (i.e. number is still blue and that is your first PA) or the finish window (i.e. the number is yellow and you started the window) and 2) Uncharged techs build chain rather than finish it.

I see... Guess I'll try this build out. Though last question. Since on the skill trees given, they didn't have Chain F Bonus along, should I bother slamming 1 point in it due to the description saying... 'When using Chain Finish, reduce the cooldown of Chain Trigger according to the accumulated chain count.' Or should I just leave it empty and put the 1 SP to another skill instead?