Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hi everyone,

I am one of the co-owners of the site. Unfortunately, many of the pages were created long before many of the big rebalances were made. In addition, I work a full-time job and don't have a whole lot of free time to devote to the site. There is a lot of data to transcribe and translate, and it's a difficult task to do when you have to keep up with old skills that are being changed along with adding new data.

That being said, you guys are right in that there is incorrect and obsolete information on the site. I'll make an effort to work on the issues already brought up by Rayden. If anyone has any other things they'd like to see addressed or added, please feel free to post in this topic and I'll look into it when I get home from work tonight.

Why not just use the already accurate and tested information presented between these two sites? If you need to know something, just open up either/both, open up Google Translate, and check what you need. Between the two, you have a list of weapons that gets updated within a couple days of new releases, information on how damage is calculated, all the information about skills you could require, even how much damage each normal does. Why would you ever need an actual English site when you can translate the Japanese ones into English? Even machine translated, it's pretty easy to understand.

We are already using the Japanese sites for reference. Both of us can read and translate Japanese. The problem is not finding the information, it's the amount of time it takes - tables need to be copied, formatting errors need to be fixed, text needs to be translated, old data needs to be updated. This needs to happen with every update, and when you're still working on doing everything from scratch while even more new content is being regularly added, it's difficult to keep up.

Yeah, that's why you create a wiki with user generated data.

If you only have 2 or 3 people working on such a huge DB it's never going to work > see Cirno, it takes so long to update that lots of EN players stopped using it.

Nevertheless, if you still want to work on it, you should really change your tables to have sortable columns.

pso2.swiki.jp is a good source however not everything is clear with Google Translate. I did use it a lot but still, the descriptions of some complex skills or PAs or guidelines/tips are very difficult to understand with the auto translation. (it's not just about the numbers.. for example I didn't even known before that the number of shots of Bullet Squall can be increased by tapping the PA button - of course I can find this kind of info in this forum but it will take a lot of time go through all the posts and searching)
    That's why when I found this PSO2 database site, I find it really useful and hope that it can be improved.

I understand that it's a lot of work for just 2 or 3 people to update the site. I just wonder why don't we have something like a wiki site which everyone are able edit => I think it is how pso2.swiki.jp always get the earliest and latest content. I'm not asking anything, just think it might be a good idea, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by usagi2607 View Post
    I understand that it's a lot of work for just 2 or 3 people to update the site. I just wonder why don't we have something like a wiki site which everyone are able edit => I think it is how pso2.swiki.jp always get the earliest and latest content. I'm not asking anything, just think it might be a good idea, that's all.
    It is a good idea, it would be awesome to have an english version of swiki. But that never worked out in the past. Different website owners using different wiki platforms, people not willing to create the tables, the copy/paste work is HUGE ... so it gets boring if you have 2 or 3 working on it and the others waiting for the job to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    This is what the website says:

The first mistake here is that Fury Stance does not raise S-ATK; it's a striking damage multiplier instead. The second mistake is that you don't need Switch Strike to benefit from striking damage multipliers. Fury Stance and Chase Advance both work with jet boots already by default.

Some more mistakes...

It only says Heal Bonus affects recovery items and techs. It actually affects other sources too, like weapon potentials.

The Elemental Stance description says that Weak Stance don't work for elements with melee weapons, which isn't entirely true in the case of wands.

It says Perfect Keeper requires full HP, which is no longer the case.

The Bullet Keep description doesn't mention that it only works with Ranger weapons.

The Standing Snipe description simply states that the effect is lost in the air, which isn't entirely true. You can use it in the air if you don't move/fall at all.

It says the Tech Arts JA Bonus disappears if you use a normal attack, whereas testing from people on this forum has indicated that the effect can be maintained even if you use normal attacks (although the normal attacks themselves don't get boosted).

It says that Limit Break triggers the Crazy skills, but fails to mention that it also triggers the Slayer skills.

The description for the JA Bonus skills state that they don't apply to Wand Gear, like what is said on the Techer page. Again, this is false.

Some of the skills aren't even mentioned at all on the class pages. For example, the Force page makes no mention of Normal Tech Advance or Tech JA Advance.

The description for the Zan tech states "Targets can be struck twice per blast - once when it travels out, and again when it returns." They can actually be hit way more than two times. The Zan blades can loop around for up to 14 times.

The description for the Zanverse tech states that it gives 10% extra damage, when it actually gives 20% extra damage by default. It also states that Wind Mastery boosts it, but fails to mention any of the other skills or potentials that boost it.

And so on...
    hi Rayden-san, it's Justice, the other maintainer of the database. As my esteemed associate has previously stated, much of the old class data has not been updated since Episode 3 (Wand Gear now affected by JA, etc, PK) and there are many typos (WB being 250% instead of 255%, missing commas between separate thoughts). He has a job, and I just play PSO2 like it's my job instead of maintaining the website.

You have been very gracious to point out some of our errors, may I ask if you would be further gracious as to allow us to make use of some of your notes in our database? Thank you very much for your time.
    Ship 2:
    Justice キャス子 全クラス・カンスト
    菊理媛 ヒュー子 70/70 Te/Bo, 70/70 Fo/Br

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Sure, go ahead.
    Oops, what I meant to say but forgot was, is it alright if we credit you? "Thanks to Rayden from PSO-World" on our main page, so people don't think it was just us.
    Ship 2:
    Justice キャス子 全クラス・カンスト
    菊理媛 ヒュー子 70/70 Te/Bo, 70/70 Fo/Br

Oh. That's fine, if you want to. You don't need to though.