Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

So how about we take the reduced healing emergency code from XQs, and somehow apply it to UQs?

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantVan View Post
    So how about we take the reduced healing emergency code from XQs, and somehow apply it to UQs?
    Fine by me, gunners would finally get a tiny advantage if they use Guld Millas

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantVan View Post
    It would be a start, but I feel it wouldn't be enough.

Every so often I've come out and said the game should focus less on flinch and less on 1-2shots, and more on long term survival.

Ultimate was their shot, and I even think their attempt, at doing that...but the only reason 1-2shots are a thing is that healing is so strong in this game. Or maybe both of those are dependent on Sega needing this game to be full of cheapshots to sell scape dolls.

Either way, the result is a game where any attempt at something like this is a joke because they simply cannot let go of something like that. Shit like this is why western MMOs are more advanced right now - they'll let go of something like scape doll sales for the sake of a more fun and complete game, knowing that will keep players longer. Well, it'll keep players from playing other MMOs...and PSO2 has no real competition in Japan.

Sega's just doing what they can get away with. There's no shame in that, but sometimes there's no fun in it either. PSO2 is still doing barbies right though, so that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post

Every so often I've come out and said the game should focus less on flinch and less on 1-2shots, and more on long term survival.
    Long term survival? Kind of like how in Dark Souls 1 you had to manage your estus for longer term survival?

Quote Originally Posted by Searaphim View Post
    Long term survival? Kind of like how in Dark Souls 1 you had to manage your estus for longer term survival?
    Similar, yeah. Or in MH, managing your potions (which WERE generous at times, but others...you brought books as a blademaster so you could make more).

Even PSO1 had some survival management going on if you were soloing or duoing something and wanted to keep your PB.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Similar, yeah. Or in MH, managing your potions (which WERE generous at times, but others...you brought books as a blademaster so you could make more).

Even PSO1 had some survival management going on if you were soloing or duoing something and wanted to keep your PB.
    It really depends because if you poorly managed your supplies you couldn't really go the long haul on monster hunter but once you get everything set it is very easy to just forget and rely on your stockpile of potions and honey just to survive. But I like you can't just leave an area and just buy more if you fuck up you fuck up you will have to rely on your skill the rest of a hunt.

Yeah, the fact that you have essentially an unlimited supply of healing methods in PSO2 really puts a damper on skill requirements. Especially if you're a tech user. In MH, the penalty for death is very severe and the healing items are quite restricted in quantity. Frontier in particular has fights so dangerous that, in most runs, the moment someone gets hit, the general idea is to drop what you're doing and use a party healing item, because 3 deaths total and you fail. But in PSO2, you die, and...wait to get revived with no penalty. It doesn't hurt you or anyone else to die in any quest, all you lose out on is EXP while you're down. And if you die, chances are good nobody will even notice or help you unless they're a party member, even with the changes to the UI to help show where downed players are. Reviving players is simply not a big priority, because deaths have much less impact on overall performance than they should.

XQ health penalties are about 1/10th reductions, from what I can remember. That's pretty severe and does a good job of making me feel like I'm wasting time trying to heal when I take 10+ seconds using fully charged Restas to heal from a single hit. Something like that in UQs would work really well at making survival difficult. There's still the issue of the practically unlimited supply of revival items though. Dying simply is not a big deal.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Nov 20, 2014 at 08:06 PM.

I like how Fatalis can take that much time kill--

yeah, I'm gonna drift off into another world at this rate.

flinching isn't bad, it's only bad when you're about to get killed with a one-hit-sure-kill attack.

@ Giga

Every Monster Hunter games had one thing in them, the Long Fights, and that thing is never going to change, atleast I hope so.

not sure if getting reckted within .2 secs is not a challenge, doesn't it means the enemies are getting smarter in chaining their attacks (by luck) maybe?

XQs don't feel much of a challenge in my humble opinion, aside when I'm soloing, that's a different story. I usually ignore whatever code is happening in XQs.

and lastly, having an unlimited supply of healing items are somewhat fair due to Fo/Te/Bo having access to healing techs, limiting resta uses seems interesting but, I don't think it'll ever happen unless a miracle arrives.

The only survival aspect this game gets is when undergeared party get sucked to SH darker den, but that was really fun as hell though.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Yeah, the fact that you have essentially an unlimited supply of healing methods in PSO2 really puts a damper on skill requirements. Especially if you're a tech user. In MH, the penalty for death is very severe and the healing items are quite restricted in quantity. Frontier in particular has fights so dangerous that, in most runs, the moment someone gets hit, the general idea is to drop what you're doing and use a party healing item, because 3 deaths total and you fail. But in PSO2, you die, and...wait to get revived with no penalty. It doesn't hurt you or anyone else to die in any quest, all you lose out on is EXP while you're down. And if you die, chances are good nobody will even notice or help you unless they're a party member, even with the changes to the UI to help show where downed players are. Reviving players is simply not a big priority, because deaths have much less impact on overall performance than they should.

XQ health penalties are about 1/10th reductions, from what I can remember. That's pretty severe and does a good job of making me feel like I'm wasting time trying to heal when I take 10+ seconds using fully charged Restas to heal from a single hit. Something like that in UQs would work really well at making survival difficult. There's still the issue of the practically unlimited supply of revival items though. Dying simply is not a big deal.
    Make it like TAs and XQs - You can't return to the campship at any time or you forfeit the mission. Includes by telepipes and resurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO