Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Healing Guard?

nice I am still working on my hp but the cost is so great to get souls and stamina on gear and weapons is what slowing me down. how does you blocking activate Iron will? I thought if you die and it has 75% proc rate to leave you at 1hp? so you would have to die first. unless I read what you wrote wrong.

If you're playing a tank HU, you're playing the game wrong. Re-Roll and go full Fury Stance tree.

the problem is that if the damage is so tiny healing guard actually does anything then you probably didn't need to heal it off anyway. 950/1000 vs 1000/1000 is virtually the same thing.

if the damage is a lot then it's just not very significant, if you're at 200/1000 hp healing to 250 hp won't really change what kills you and what doesn't.

and if you're guarding perfectly enough times so that it actually does heal you to a significant level then you didn't really need to heal in the first place did you?

Sorry, I have 7 characters and don't want each one being cut throat DPS~

What I meant by Healing Guard and Iron Will/Never Give Up is it gives you 20 seconds of invincibility( server logic you'll get 17-18 ). If you chose to, you can just block an attack to go from 1 hp to whatever 5% is for you, and Iron Will can activate again, just like people did with Br/Hu. Get smacked too hard, Iron Will activated, you just performed a Just Reversal with Just Recover, and bam, it can activate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Sorry, I have 7 characters and don't want each one being cut throat DPS~

What I meant by Healing Guard and Iron Will/Never Give Up is it gives you 20 seconds of invincibility( server logic you'll get 17-18 ). If you chose to, you can just block an attack to go from 1 hp to whatever 5% is for you, and Iron Will can activate again, just like people did with Br/Hu. Get smacked too hard, Iron Will activated, you just performed a Just Reversal with Just Recover, and bam, it can activate again.
    Then don't play the game. Nobody needs your useless tank in their MPA.

Useless, though Sega is pushing to make this work. Gotcha.

No they aren't. They're pushing for bulkier mobs (which tanks will struggle to kill without high enough damage) and high damage from enemies (which makes things like Healing Guard useless).

With striking damage being emphasized, it's more important than ever to maximize your damage, because your other teammates are going to be doing less damage than they normally would be able to. You're now an important damage dealer. Don't be a burden by compromising yourself by building excessively tanky (which is exactly what Guard Stance and Absorption are).

Dont worry Dephinix I am not paying Takatsuki any attention. people like him like to troll plus my build has already proven to me that I can have fun and tank for my buddies while still putting out good dps. Plus this thread was about using Healing Guard. I can either do one of two things. Either just rid my self of it and not worry about it since it hasnt really affected my game play or two I can just practice my just guards so it procs more often making it worth it for my party members who dont have automate like me and they can just freely just keep dpsing but this would only work if I manage to get just guards almost everytime to keep the heals up. My buddies hp are around like 800 or so it wouldnt be so bad keeping Healing guard if I can just keep doing it over and over.

Oh and I understand what you mean with Iron Will and never give up. wish I had more points lol but I cant afford to lose anymore points in offense side of tree or their be no point in me holding aggro.
    Last edited by wargandi; Nov 19, 2014 at 02:27 AM.

Yeah, it's just one point, and I honestly only use it for Iron Will rather than popping a mate or resta. If you don't worry about that one bit(if you maxed IW and NGU you're getting "20" seconds of invincibilty), you have a lot of time before any danger is actually present, so eh.