Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flash Guard vs Iron Will

What do people think of this now? Iron will might be able to save you in those tough moments, but with flash and tech guard would you ever be in one of those?

I personlly like Flash guard because its 100% passive, Iron will is fun to play with but I only use it on my hunter if I sub it with fighter as main then I get both but maining hunter I just go with flash guard and automate. I also have 5 points in flash guard tech ( mainly because of skill point lacking since I wanted to keep my damage up for aggro)

How about if I use Hu as a sub for Ra?

Why not both

I think it be fine but if you plan to get that and auto mate your damage will suffer unless u plan not to take automate. but if you think your damage is enough for what you want to do ya u can get both or all 3 (automate, flash guard and Iron will) You dont even have to max out Iron will and you can get never give up to extend Iron will. Flash guard will just give you that tankiness without needing a proc for it to go off. I use Iron will when I main fighter along with limit break but I try my best to dodge stuff because since its 75% proc rate cant chance it BUT when it does proc I am untoubleable and blow up bosses because my limit break is still actived.

I dont play ranger much so I couldnt tell you how to do it excatly but Iron will is a good skill so if you do get Iron will with flash guard you be hard to kill and if u are killed and it procs you come back a monster. if you trying to pick one or the other and u using it as a sub then ya you can go with Iron will and go all the way down the fury side for the damage just dont depend on it procing each time you die I use to do that and when it didnt proc I felt sad lol

You can get both I was just asumming (cant spell for life of me) he was planning to also take automate then he be a really tanky RA which is not a bad thing unless he wanted to do more damage.

At this point I have 10/10 automate, all the JA bonus and Fury stance skills except for crit maxed out. It looks like I have about 18 points that I can either pour into Flash/tech guard, or split between iron will and flash guard

if u want go all flash guard and put 8 points in Iron will. that way you more tanky and the proc rate on iron will not be bad

Flash Guard will get you more mileage in the long run. Iron Will, due to latency issues, can fail to activate (as in, you will die even if you see it go off).

Iron Will is better suited for Fighters using Limit Break, since even a huge defense boost in that situation may not be able to hold the damage done to the Fighter in question.

I main Fighter, so I go with Iron Will at the moment, but for any other class, I'd go with flash guard, since that'd help even squishy classes survive a lot better.