Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

IF that's true. Just from trying a few PAs it looks like way more than 6 hits in the volley of attacks, not even counting the startup slash. I wouldn't be surprised it if it's 10 hits and it's just hard to tell what's going on.

Well Chain Trigger says it's 6...

Edit: Confirmed from video, it's 6 hits.

This frame should show it pretty clearly:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Selphea; Dec 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM.

This wiki source implies 10 hits.

Maybe some of the hits are on the same frame, or maybe attacks are whiffing?

Ah you meant Kite. I'll double check then.

Edit: Yea 10 hits.

If Kestrel Rampage has 4% of notation per hit, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it's 25 hits max.

Unless I'm really missing something on PBF, it's not incredibly impressive DPS compared to Volg Combos or maybe even Holding Current spam, but it's really strong at sustaining that damage for all of PBF's duration.

Yea it looks like even a vanilla Graptor TAJA combo would do better based on that.

Edit: Speaking of Kestrel Rampage, your DPS was based the time frame between JA windows right? Rather than the delayed hits that rain down after the JA window ends. So if done by itself, its DPS would be lower than the chart suggests?
    Last edited by Selphea; Dec 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM.

Does starting another PA cancel that part out? If so, that's pretty obnoxious. If not, that's a consideration for practical usage, not steady DPS.

Double Saber's weapon action has a similar thing going on. It has a really high DPS just from the execution standpoint, but that only really mattered before they capped the max number of cyclones that could be active.

It doesn't cancel it out, I was just wondering. Over time, it would reach the stated DPS, but for situations where there's only enough time to get damage from the slashing part, that's good to know.

Got around to adjusting this \o/

Some fixes:
    - Used pso2.net's notation fixings to correct some data.
    - One of these included Holding Current (deals 125% of notation rather than 133%)
    - Split into power-based DpS, which ignores attack, and pseudo-DPS, which uses attack based on Bio Weapons as a standard.
    - Included the relative improvement in timing by performing a Just Attack at the beginning of the attack window rather than the end of it.

There are a few errors in the chart.

Over End power notation is wrong for gear and sacrifice bite. Over End with just gear is base power x 1.4, which comes out as 4125.8. Sacrifice Bite should add 1.2 on top of that which 4951. It seems like the Sacrifice Bonus was needlessly added twice.

Ride Slasher is way faster. During my tests which I actually did with one enemy hitstop it finished in 140F together with charge, which was released 18F after 30F it should take to charge completely, which means I could probably finish the PA in around 122F in perfect conditions.

Deadly Archer in charged version is also strangely nerfed. During my tests with it I had results which were almost identical to Swiki's chart in DS PA section, which actually makes it the strongest DS PAs just for pure damage at 1197 PA power/s, that's not counting Deadly Circle.

And hitstop really changes a lot with Sword PAs. Over End was around 20% longer to execute by just hitting one enemy, I actually wish I noted down the results I got. My tests were done by recording a video in 60FPS and frame by frame play back from one frame before PP drain to JA bubble turning red.

Edit: Scratch that. Ride Slasher actually seems to have its charge time at at least 40F, very possibly 45. Still faster than what's written there while being affected by hitstop. I manage to perform the 4 hit version on giants and saiki giver with 47F and 48F of charge time. Definitely faster than Nova Strike or Rising Edge which have charge times at 60F.
    Last edited by vantpers; Jan 3, 2015 at 08:33 AM.