Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Ultimate Naberius is not alternate dimension. The quest description states that it's a region of isolated corruption caused by an unknown source. Anga Fundarge is also stated to be an unknown thing, and it is likely whatever is responsible for Anga is responsible for the corruption.

"Unexplained phenomenon that changes the environment is dramatically with observation of abnormal values ​​in the local region of the planet Naberius has been confirmed.
    You can not afford to keep on standing still this has also confirmed native species of accident in the peripheral.
    As a research and investigate the cause of the Kano region ...... "壊世zone", to perform the dispatch of ARCS with a certain capacity of more than."
    Last edited by Maenara; Nov 25, 2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

I presume this is one of the signs of the Profound Darkness' impending return that Persona mentions at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Ultimate Naberius is not alternate dimension. The quest description states that it's a region of isolated corruption caused by an unknown source. Anga Fundarge is also stated to be an unknown thing, and it is likely whatever is responsible for Anga is responsible for the corruption.
    Huh, someone said it was an alternate future Naberius elsewhere on the forum. Great, contradictions. Since the quest description confirms what you say, I'm gonna have to go with that. I actually like this explanation less, but Sega's gonna Sega. At least it means there's a higher probability of UQ enemies expanding to other quest types.

Anga Fandarge is officially described to be similar to a living infection core, definitely actively infects other enemies, and is officially categorized as a Distorted Creature. If it's said to be an unknown thing in-game, it's probably a case of information available to the players that isn't available to the characters in-game. There are things that are known about it, just, characters don't know about it.

Though, there is plenty that's still unknown about it. How it came to be, what its exact relationship with darkers is, why it actively infects other enemies, stuff like that, so it's still an accurate assessment to call it an unknown thing. Just not completely unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Huh, someone said it was an alternate future Naberius elsewhere on the forum. Great, contradictions. Since the quest description confirms what you say, I'm gonna have to go with that. I actually like this explanation less, but Sega's gonna Sega. At least it means there's a higher probability of UQ enemies expanding to other quest types.
    Now why would you prefer something that hasn't been hinted at in the slightest and would be an asspull over something that has been foreshadowed in MB17, 3-1 and 3-2? There's no contradiction, I haven't seen Xiao say anything about the place and it definitely seems like regular Naberius.

Matoi's tree is in the UQ maps, after all. It's probably something related to either her originally being found on Naberius and her 'favourite spot' being there, or Elder's awakening finally setting off a chain of events combined with that.

Naberius didn't show the changes yet, but the changes were described as sudden. It's definitely in a part of the forest we've visited before, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I presume this is one of the signs of the Profound Darkness' impending return that Persona mentions at some point.
    Most likely.

Well, if it was an alternate future of Naberius, then it could easily be hand waved as to why we suddenly have Tundra and Forest natives inhabiting the same region and having developed very similar characteristics in a short period of time, despite normally living in a completely different environment that requires different adaptations. But instead we suddenly have the two inhabiting the same environment, having developed radically different abilities (fire breathing birds and mammoths? Really?) side by side, despite their significantly different origins. Not to mention the color of the sky changing. That is ridiculous. I mean, yeah, games don't have to be realistic, but we have Parallel Areas. Would it have been so far fetched within the game's continuity to have had Ultimate Naberius be similar to them? Already got absolutely bizarre happenings with the Parallel Areas as is. But I guess it is explained by what you've said, so no biggie.

By contradictions, I mean only what I've heard from other people, not anything about the game. As it turns out, the alternate dimension stuff comes from this line from Xiao.

シャオの見立てによると「異常侵食ではなく、別の時間軸の元々のものに置き換わってしまった」とのことだが …

Google Translate mangles this quite heavily, but here's what it says.

The "not the abnormal erosion, it had replaced the original ones of another time axis" According to resemble Xiao Although thing with ...

Trying to unmangle it a bit:

"According to Xiao, an abnormal infection from another time axis has replaced the original ones".

So alternate timelines are in play here, just, the planet itself is the original. Maybe I just misread before or something when I thought I saw Ultimate Naberius being described as from an alternate timeline. Doesn't really make a difference.

An alternate timeline Naberius could still have Matoi and the other chain of events in it, but that's completely irrelevant to the matter anyway.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Nov 25, 2014 at 07:35 PM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

It's just Distorted Space/Maghara. All Falz's have the power to create one at any given time. Distorted Space is used to help release Profound Darkness. Things that go on in Distorted Space are Time Distortions, Altered Realities thanks to Falz's/Past Falz's Memories, Holes in Sub-Space, Mind Control ....etc. Nothing new to the PS franchise.

The Eyeballs are Tributes to the Eye of Rykros, So that could make Naberius a possibility of being a Rykros over time?

So this is more like a bubble then. If we look at this as if this is what reality was if our character never existed, then the infection here could simply be the built up negative energy from Falz never getting released by Getemhart

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

^Jonathan_F - Yes, That is correct if you look at the shuttle animation it's a purple bubble on the planet. Also a movie example would be the newer Lost in Space with it's bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    ^Jonathan_F - Yes, That is correct if you look at the shuttle animation it's a purple bubble on the planet. Also a movie example would be the newer Lost in Space with it's bubble.
    thats actually a great example "love that movie"
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Well, if it was an alternate future of Naberius, then it could easily be hand waved as to why we suddenly have Tundra and Forest natives inhabiting the same region and having developed very similar characteristics in a short period of time, despite normally living in a completely different environment that requires different adaptations. But instead we suddenly have the two inhabiting the same environment, having developed radically different abilities (fire breathing birds and mammoths? Really?) side by side, despite their significantly different origins. Not to mention the color of the sky changing. That is ridiculous. I mean, yeah, games don't have to be realistic, but we have Parallel Areas. Would it have been so far fetched within the game's continuity to have had Ultimate Naberius be similar to them? Already got absolutely bizarre happenings with the Parallel Areas as is. But I guess it is explained by what you've said, so no biggie.

By contradictions, I mean only what I've heard from other people, not anything about the game. As it turns out, the alternate dimension stuff comes from this line from Xiao.

シャオの見立てによると「異常侵食ではなく、別の時間軸の元々のものに置き換わってしまった」とのことだが …

Google Translate mangles this quite heavily, but here's what it says.

The "not the abnormal erosion, it had replaced the original ones of another time axis" According to resemble Xiao Although thing with ...

Trying to unmangle it a bit:

"According to Xiao, an abnormal infection from another time axis has replaced the original ones".

So alternate timelines are in play here, just, the planet itself is the original. Maybe I just misread before or something when I thought I saw Ultimate Naberius being described as from an alternate timeline. Doesn't really make a difference.

An alternate timeline Naberius could still have Matoi and the other chain of events in it, but that's completely irrelevant to the matter anyway.
    Wasn't their a stink in episode one made by some characters saying that the fact tundra even existed didn't make ecological sense? To the point you do testing for that one character that later has attempts on his life made?
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1