Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah, actually, but that had to do with Dark Falz Elder being sealed inside the planet, and made for great foreshadowing that Dark Falz Elder had ice related abilities, something he would not demonstrate until he powered up when Utterly Profound and later SH rolled around.

Guess when you put it like that, darkers just plain screw up ecosystems wherever they go. I always found it ridiculous that Malmoths and Yedes existed at all in the Tundra when they had only 40 or whatever years to adapt to the suddenly growing Tundra area, and have no equivalent within the Forest region, as if they had gone extinct there. Even DFE being sealed inside Naberius should not be responsible for that stuff. But eh, whatever.

Darkers.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Darkers.

What's interesting to note is how much Anga Fandarge resembles Elder. Elder got unsealed out of a giant purple tree located deep in the ruins (you get a glimpse of it as you progress through Tundra; it's a constant background object there as well).

Elder himself looks like a Sea Anemone mixed with a Bodhisattva (Buddhist who has achieved Enlightenment). The arms of Elder, when attached to the body, make Elder come off as Vritra, the Dragon of Naraka in Hindu folklore.

This bit actually explains Elder's thunder weakness, as Vritra was slain by Indra, Hindu God of Thunder; Vritra being an Asura (basically an evil being in Hindi lore, the good guys were the Vedas), and us serving the side of light (making us Vedas if we go from the lore standpoint). The Vita Wands drive this point home, as they slightly resemble Vajras (Hindu word which means either "thunderbolt" or "destruction", often seen in the hands of Buddhist monks).

Now how does this relate to Anga Fandarge? Recall that Siddhartha (the original Buddha) had sat under a fig tree to attain enlightenment (known as the Bodhi Tree, which is a real tree in India). The Darchyme-esque core at the bottom of Anga resembles a fig or peach, perhaps even a closed lotus. The little "eye" thingies that float around him (which he uses as laser sword conduits) remind me of seeds, rather than eyes.

tl;dr - Elder has a lot of Buddhist/Hindu inspirations in his concept; but they aren't readily apparent. This relates to Anga because he also has these, but they, too, aren't as apparent.

Isn't Elder weak to lightning because he's a fish darker? They're all weak to lightning. Don't really buy the sea anemone comparison. He's got fish-like fins on his arms, and Falz Arms even have fish-like faces with their jaw structure. Looking at Wolgahda and cyclops/Wonda darkers, that much already qualifies his physical structure as an aquatic darker. Falz Hunar himself only vaguely at best has aquatic traits, those fins on his back that remind me of lion fish, and that's kind of stretching it. Now, Elder, with his 6-8 arms, does kind of resemble a Bodhisattva, but I don't think it goes any further than that. Honestly, he looks more like something inspired by Lovecraft more than anything.

I don't think those 4-6* wands go any further than being based on Vajras. That much is kinda obvious with the lightning bolt-esque designs on them, but really, there can't be any special meaning to that.

Dark Falz Elder was not sealed inside a tree. He was sealed in a stone monument near the tree. Given that Anga Fandarge heavily resembles Ajax (the PB, not where the original holder of the name), I see no reason to believe any of the religious stuff goes beyond a simple basis for Elder's multiple arms and the basic design of some wands.

Quote Originally Posted by saraishadow View Post
    Thank you. I wanted to post that but I wasn't about to look all over the place for it. Gonna have to save this.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

it's definitely post-elder considering there's a giant chunk missing out of the northern mountains, though i believe that the arks are partially responsible for the corruption as well.

you know what naberius natives were all mostly weak to? fire.
    you know what naberius natives mutated into? fire-related stuff.

i expect lilipa will have wind weakness and shoot lightning bolts everywhere, and depending on what amduscia region we get we may end up fighting dragons that use dark 'techs' while being weak to light instead or traversing a lava cave that spams freeze everywhere.

but hey, not like i haven't been wrong before.
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

Quote Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
    it's definitely post-elder considering there's a giant chunk missing out of the northern mountains, though i believe that the arks are partially responsible for the corruption as well.

you know what naberius natives were all mostly weak to? fire.
    you know what naberius natives mutated into? fire-related stuff.

i expect lilipa will have wind weakness and shoot lightning bolts everywhere, and depending on what amduscia region we get we may end up fighting dragons that use dark 'techs' while being weak to light instead or traversing a lava cave that spams freeze everywhere.

but hey, not like i haven't been wrong before.
    And then we'll go to the ruins portion of naberius where darkers use light attacks, and are weak to dark!

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    -snip-

Bit of info regarding that tree in the background of Ruins (note: spoilers ahead):

EP1-8's first conflict with Elder doesn't tell you what happened after Zeno told you and Echo to pick up Shina's unconscious husk and make scarce. Casra actually survived that sortie (heavily in part because Zeno ALSO told him to GTFO).

When you next visit the place in EP2-2, Xiao pretty much gave your power to rewind time a bit of a boost. Zeno goes "missing" partly because of your intervention, and partly because him staying out of sight avoids Luther getting all panicky and feeling like his plan is in danger.

During this fight, Elder pretty much ends up in the same weakened state as Luther post-fight CS. The difference is that Maria [I]failed[/I] to kill him with her Genesis due to the fact that Persona cockblocked her (she could have, given a bit more time on it). That gave Elder enough time to get up in the air and fly straight into the big pink tree in the horizon (which now that I think about it, looks more like a stray strand of coral than a tree - which would make more sense considering Elder's Aquatic theme). Flying into this restores the remainder of Elder's sealed power, which allows him to take the form he does in Utterly Profound.