I've NEVER (knock on wood) been hit by the BSOD!

thanks to this board, I read a post about the symptoms that occur before you're hit, and I've avoided it every time!

if newbies haven't read the post, I'll restate the symptoms, so you know when to bail. (these ARE NOT my findings, some other user found these, and I'm just giving props to him/her)

BSOD is coming when:
    1. it looks llike no-one else can move.
    2. you can't pickup any items
    3. but you can still attack monsters

when these circumstances occur, and happen for more than a few seconds, go to your menu, and select quit (and save)

If you get hit by a BSOD, simply disconnect the phone line from the back of the DC and WAIT! in 15-30 minutes, the game will quit and save.

Hope this refresher helps, and thanks again for the player or players who discovered this info.

BSOD free is the way to be!

want a cookie? chocolate chip!!!

I have over 270 hours in PSO and have never had the BSOD. I don't even quit when it's laggy, heh. I just keep playing and it will give me the "You've been disconnected" message. I had the reset happen to me once though, but I backed up my character a little while before so I didn't lose anything (when it happened all I lost was my unequipped items anyway, nothing major).