Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Some thoughts about future Ultimate Amduscia

So I was doing some daily orders today in the Caves, and I got to thinking.

Unless SEGA plans on crashing another ship into Amduscia, they'd have to think of something else to explain why ultimate happens on Amduscia (big mutated enemies, etc). I realized that Caves has a lot of giant rib-cages, horns, all kinds of bones laying around in there. Some of these are quite large, and if they were dragons, they would have been quite larger than any Vol Dragon. Assuming these are ancient bones, their ancestors would have been quite a bit larger than now. Since this game deals with time-travel, what if Ultimate Amduscia had us travel back to a prehistoric Amduscia with bigger, meaner dragonkin? Since SEGA seems intent on having this one area planet mode for Ultimate, it could also work to their advantage. Perhaps Amduscia was not always a planet with floating continents. Perhaps at some point, what are now two tribes of dragonkin, were once one.

It is a rather intriguing concept, and could be a clever use of the time-travel mechanic they've added in. Obviously we'd have to have a reason for going there, but I'm sure they'd think of something (then again ARKS kind of just go where they please and blow everything up). They could even explain how the Floating Continents came to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being blamed on the player though... >_>

That being said, what do you guys think? I just had these thoughts a few minutes ago and thought it would be a rather curious topic to discuss. If SEGA did something like this, I'd probably get more interested in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by DeificEpyon View Post
    So I was doing some daily orders today in the Caves, and I got to thinking.

Unless SEGA plans on crashing another ship into Amduscia, they'd have to think of something else to explain why ultimate happens on Amduscia (big mutated enemies, etc). I realized that Caves has a lot of giant rib-cages, horns, all kinds of bones laying around in there. Some of these are quite large, and if they were dragons, they would have been quite larger than any Vol Dragon. Assuming these are ancient bones, their ancestors would have been quite a bit larger than now. Since this game deals with time-travel, what if Ultimate Amduscia had us travel back to a prehistoric Amduscia with bigger, meaner dragonkin? Since SEGA seems intent on having this one area planet mode for Ultimate, it could also work to their advantage. Perhaps Amduscia was not always a planet with floating continents. Perhaps at some point, what are now two tribes of dragonkin, were once one.

It is a rather intriguing concept, and could be a clever use of the time-travel mechanic they've added in. Obviously we'd have to have a reason for going there, but I'm sure they'd think of something (then again ARKS kind of just go where they please and blow everything up). They could even explain how the Floating Continents came to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being blamed on the player though... >_>

That being said, what do you guys think? I just had these thoughts a few minutes ago and thought it would be a rather curious topic to discuss. If SEGA did something like this, I'd probably get more interested in the story.
    Keep dat for a story quest, sounds really interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poyonche View Post
    Keep dat for a story quest, sounds really interesting.
    Yeah, I could see them integrating that into the story. It would be able to tie into ultimate perfectly though. One area for the planet, giant enemies on steroids. Two birds, one stone sorta thing.

I'm kind of curious as to how it would be, as well, especially considering that it's the only planet that hasn't had any major involvement with one of the Dark Falz (Or so we think), and has the lowest Darker presence overall.

couldn't chrome rip holes in space? bam, there's your explanation. before we killed chrome he tore open a hole to an alternate ama or something.

@OP
    Okay first thing, Ultimate has no relationship with time travel (but I wouldn't exclude it out yet). There was another thread talking about this and even the description on Ultimate Nab mentions it being on another region on Nab.

What I expect from Ultimate Amud?
    -An area that have the design like Caves but have the looks of F.C. with the occasional Sanctum doors/turrets/Pads
    -Judging from what they did with Nab, expect to see Black Dragons using dark attacks/technic and being weak to light. (I expect them to look evil)
    -I expect Ultimate Quartz Dragon to use Megiverse, Samegid as breath attack, Gimegid to replace Light Rain, and homing Ilmegid balls to replace those fucken Light arrows of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm kind of curious as to how it would be, as well, especially considering that it's the only planet that hasn't had any major involvement with one of the Dark Falz (Or so we think), and has the lowest Darker presence overall.
    Lowest Darker presence because the existence of the an intelligent race (dragonkins).

Oh and *cough* Hadred.....

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    @OPOkay first thing, Ultimate has no relationship with time travel (but I wouldn't exclude it out yet).
    As of yet, it has no relationship with time-travel, yes. That doesn't mean it can't change though. Since you haven't ruled it out yourself it would seem you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter
    What I expect from Ultimate Amud?
    -An area that have the design like Caves but have the looks of F.C. with the occasional Sanctum doors/turrets/Pads
    -Judging from what they did with Nab, expect to see Black Dragons using dark attacks/technic and being weak to light. (I expect them to look evil)
    -I expect Ultimate Quartz Dragon to use Megiverse, Samegid as breath attack, Gimegid to replace Light Rain, and homing Ilmegid balls to replace those fucken Light arrows of his.
    Yeah, I could see that also. It would make sense for them to use opposite elements.

My original idea before I had posted this thread was that Cave enemies would end up using ice and being weak to fire. I remember in PSO 1 they changed the dragon arena in ultimate to be the opposite of what it was in regular play.

Ultimate Amducia could be either frozen caves with Ice dragons like a Ice Vol Dragon or A dark floating continent with dark dragons including Ultimate Quartz variant. I do hope that this Quartz soul boost Power IV and Spirita IV.

I can't imagine how a Ultimate Lilipa would be.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I can't imagine how a Ultimate Lilipa would be.
    I can't either. I have a feeling SEGA is still working out the details of future ultimate areas so that they make sense. Like strikehunter about Naberius, future areas could end up just being one part of the planet instead of the whole planet. My idea about Amduscia engulfs the whole planet. It would be a clever use of time-travel, but SEGA will probably settle for something more simple.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Ultimate Lilipa
    Giant. Enemy. LILIPANS.

But bigger than the Hulk Lilipans