Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

This is pretty amazing, it's really quite different when you try it yourself. Amazing work!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Can I put my character in first person with this without using oculus rift?
    You can, there's an option to disable the stereo rendering. You'll also need to uncheck 'lock y-axis' as well most likely.
    Last edited by Misaki Ki; Apr 24, 2015 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    This is pretty amazing, it's really quite different when you try it yourself. Amazing work!

--

You can, there's an option to disable the stereo rendering. You'll also need to uncheck 'lock y-axis' as well most likely.
    Thank you! Now I can look at my waifu in glorious first person ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Last edited by Sinon; Apr 24, 2015 at 07:39 AM.

This is seriously too darn awesome to be real! Can't wait for the commercial release of a VR set now D:

No HMD here but I played it and this is a truly amazing mod. I was up til 4 in the morning playing. I'm not super high level or anything. So I fought my first Naberius Fang Banshee last night, IN FIRST PERSON! AHHHH! That thing was scary. I would have loved to take a screenshot for ya'll but I was too busy getting wrecked. Killed two of 'em but not before dying like 4 times myself.

One complaint I have is that this mod doesn't work super well with the Jet Boots. I'd like to see my body, but it keeps blocking my vision. Now I don't mind that. I actually think the idea of vision being blocked while guarding is kinda neat, but I'm seeing my legs and my shoulders consistently spinning around my view. Combine that with tornado dance and it's starting to look like that banned Porygon Pokemon episode. I am curious to see what it would look like with the camera linked to the characters eyes. I know it would be dizzying but I would still like to try it as I think Bouncer might actually be better in this case.
    If I could be a HUFOmar... that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyl7 View Post
    No HMD here but I played it and this is a truly amazing mod. I was up til 4 in the morning playing. I'm not super high level or anything. So I fought my first Naberius Fang Banshee last night, IN FIRST PERSON! AHHHH! That thing was scary. I would have loved to take a screenshot for ya'll but I was too busy getting wrecked. Killed two of 'em but not before dying like 4 times myself.

One complaint I have is that this mod doesn't work super well with the Jet Boots. I'd like to see my body, but it keeps blocking my vision. Now I don't mind that. I actually think the idea of vision being blocked while guarding is kinda neat, but I'm seeing my legs and my shoulders consistently spinning around my view. Combine that with tornado dance and it's starting to look like that banned Porygon Pokemon episode. I am curious to see what it would look like with the camera linked to the characters eyes. I know it would be dizzying but I would still like to try it as I think Bouncer might actually be better in this case.
    Cool, thanks for the feedback. I haven't personally used the bouncer class yet, but I guess that's the one that would get hit the worst by the current rigging setup. I'm aware of the guarding issue which is why I recommend setting your character to roughly 85% opacity, but if it's really bad with the bouncer, then you may want to hide your character body altogether.

Rigging the camera to your character is tough as doing so creates sort of a feedback loop. The camera direction dictates your input direction, your input direction dictates your character direction, and your character direction dictates the camera direction. This would make the game really hard to control properly if not done right, but it should be possible with some time and careful planning.

Also, as a general warning to all PSO2VC users, there's a few new bugs that have been reported so far:

1. Driver based Ambient Occlusion mods do not seem to work due to the changed near field.
    2. Boarding an AIS in first person mode will cause the game to crash.

I will be looking to fix these this weekend, but until then, try not to use first person mode if you are planning on doing a mining base mission.

This honestly is really cool to play with. It definitely gives a different sort of feel to the game as a whole even without an occulus. Your work with this is amazing.

I tried this out without the Oculus Rift cus i dont have one. And i just tweaked the settings so i could play in First Person and MAN is it AWESOME!

Only thing is that it doesnt work when using the A.I.S. U just wind up staring at its Butt the whole time.

Haven't tried, but maybe if you change the eye heigh to.... never mind, max is 250 lol

Is it possible to do the dead reverse of what this program does, and pull the camera back a bit? it's just too close at maxdistance for me..
    [INSERT SOMETHING WITTY]

I can't for the life of me get this working with my HMD. For some reason the game crashes right after launching and virtual connect gives me an access denied error:

PSO2 Virtual Connect
    Version : 2.0b
    Target : pso2.exe v3.0501.2
    ------------------------------------------
    Connected to HMD: Oculus Rift DK2
    Waiting for PSO2 to launch...
    Disconnected from HMD.
    Connected to HMD: Oculus Rift DK2
    Detected PSO2 Window [PID:5808]
    Applying patches...
    WriteProcessMemory : Error 0x00000005 - Access is denied
    VirtualAllocEx : Error 0x00000005 - Access is denied
    WriteProcessMemory : Error 0x00000005 - Access is denied
    Failed to apply patches.

I don't really understand why, I do run virtual connect as an administrator...
    Oh and it works just fine when I don't have my Oculus HMD plugged in btw.

Any ideas why this might be happening?