Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default TD1 XH vs SH; what to do for exp?

The question is basically how many runs of TD1 XH are somewhat decent pugs are capable of assuming no massive class stacking going on?

After getting shunka 17 from xmas, doing TD1 XH twice, not caring about the drops (outside of the super slim chance sakura/kanran 17 show up), I really just want as much exp as i can get fast.

I'm not sure if a nearly-guaranteed triple run on SH is better, or if somewhat decent XH pugs are capable of it. Should I just do SH?

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Honestly I would say stick to SH. pugs in XH TD1 are really bad atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    The question is basically how many runs of TD1 XH are somewhat decent pugs are capable of assuming no massive class stacking going on?
    Out of the two times I've seen XH TD1, each occurrence was a double dip with about half the waves timing out, and on one wave 6 Vibras left the area via time out. Go SH for EXP, XH random runs are pathetic right now and you can probably reliably quad dip TD1 with randoms right now.

It's a lot harder to 3 run SH TD1 in PUGs now unless you're the one carrying. While I've seen a few 70s in SH on B11, most of them have moved onto XH. I've been doing SH to level my force expecting easy 3 runs, only to realize that it's pretty much the new VH in that everyone is undergeared with low leveled subs.

3 SH runs is certainly better than 2 XH runs in terms of excubes though. Not sure about experience.

A decent XH TD1 pug (did I say japanese?) will give you a triple run, if they can't then the pug isn't decent.

You guys are having bad luck lol.

I've done like 4 XH TD1 EQ's and all have been good. In 2 of the EQ's we managed to do it 3 times. I was in a random JP PT though.

Today I had my "worse" one so far. Even so we managed to S rank the first and A rank the second run. That's been my "worse" so far.

So it's pretty much what I expected. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by horseship View Post
    It's a lot harder to 3 run SH TD1 in PUGs now unless you're the one carrying. While I've seen a few 70s in SH on B11, most of them have moved onto XH. I've been doing SH to level my force expecting easy 3 runs, only to realize that it's pretty much the new VH in that everyone is undergeared with low leveled subs.
    I have noticed this. Most groups I join for the exp gain has at least 2 people there rocking +7ed weapons/units, and excited to find 10* units.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Dec 8, 2014 at 08:47 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    You guys are having bad luck lol.
    Earlier today, for the first time, I saw a Vibras bomb detonate. I was halfway across the map fighting Vibras and only made it to the bomb a few seconds before it detonated. Nobody else responded at all, and the tower that it blew up almost had full health prior. Rotten luck is more like it.

But what you described sounds pretty good actually, if random runs can manage that then I take back what I said. I haven't acquired a rank below A so far, but the waves time out so often there's only a dozen or so rares anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I have noticed this. Most groups I join for the exp gain has at least 2 people there rocking +7ed weapons/units, and excited to find 10* units.
    Wow, that bad? Gross. Even the worst XH runs would be better than that, never mind!

rather do 4 sh runs or 3 sh + 1 xh for TD1
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

I've done 5 XH TD1 so far and 4 of them have been 3 runs. The only run where we failed to 3 run was because some idiot decided to be smart and spawn kill while doing literally no damage.(Sazan) Just take note that if you want to 3 run XH TD1 in pug, tower kill every wave after 3. Don't be the guy who spawn kills trying to get top 3 thinking you're doing good because you're actually not helping the MPA. PUG groups are currently just not strong enough to do any type of spawn killing in the later waves and most mpas just can't make up their mind about whether to spawn kill or tower kill so if you spawnkill, you're likely be alone anyways. :V