Page 98 of 254 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148198 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Blazing Sa-Foie is slightly stronger than Blazing Gi-Foie and a bit more PP efficient
    true
    but i prefer concentrated one

Quote Originally Posted by AmanoMai View Post
    got a couple of question:

- how do you normally use illbarta? 3 uncharged + 1 charged?
    - is illbarta viable without ice mastery?
    - what does fire Fo use for bossing?
    -6 uncharged -> 7th charged is highest DPS, even with concentrated. You may do differently for the sake of PP efficiency, though. If you are in an MPA with multiple Ilbarta, you probably want to charge most of them, at least past the first 3, just to be sure that you don't waste a 7th on an uncharged hit.

-It's rather powerful compared to everything else. Ragrants and Gimegid also have high DPS, so use those if you can, but otherwise, you're often better off just throwing Ilbarta and calling it a day. Really no good reason not to take ice mastery, IMO.

-I was going to give an opinion, but instead, I'll just post the power notation per second. For the order, the base uncustomized NPS is first, then fast charge (Concentrated), then damaging (Blazing, Ice Fang, Supercharged, Windslicer, Umbral, Brilliant). First group is without S charge, second group is with S Charge. These are for anything but wand, which I hear has a longer animation time.

Foie 321 X 358
    Gifoie 406 565 500
    Rafoie 248 X 324
    Safoie 420 X 501
    Nafoie 483 671 539
    Ilfoie 483 567 X

Foie 466 X 521
    Gifoie 591 743 727
    Rafoie 364 X 472
    Safoie 611 X 729
    Nafoie 702 882 784
    Ilfoie 827 934 X

Ilbarta 1238 1343 1592

If you want 'em, I'll also post uncharged with or without innocent appearance.

Blazing Sa-Foie is slightly stronger than Blazing Gi-Foie and a bit more PP efficient, so spamming it with a Rod is viable on a fire-weak boss. The only downside is that you have to be at point blank range. Na-Foie spam is fire's best DPS, but it's extremely PP-inefficient, and its accuracy becomes questionable once you're even a bit away from the target.
    Blazing Safoie is actually lower DPS than Concentrated Gifoie, even with fire charge maxed. Only reason I can see to use Safoie is uncharged with potential and efficient craft, making a quick and cheap spam attack. Uncharged efficient is also.. efficient, but it's not damaging. Probably regen more PP while charging than it costs to use, anywho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    true
    but i prefer concentrated one
    //EDIT: Scratch that, he was talking about gifoie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    Only reason I can see to use Safoie is uncharged with potential and efficient craft, making a quick and cheap spam attack.
    Good job at invalidating your opinion.

The reason to use Safoie over Gifoie is that Concentrated Gifoie sucks at mobbing, so you want Blazing Gifoie instead. As such, in any practical situation, Safoie does ever so slightly more damage for less PP (or is just really PP efficient if you go for Efficient recipe). Safoie also hits at faster intervals, which is important since all of the fire-only weak bosses move very quickly, making Gifoie impractical to use on them since they're likely to move out of its AoE.

Gifoie is fine for SH though, but everything slaughters SH.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Concentrated Gifoie sucks at mobbing,
    stopped reading there

Doesn't sound like you spend much time in XH/Ultimate then. Blazing Gifoie > Concentrated Gifoie any day.

Doesn't sound like you spend much time in XH/Ultimate then. Blazing Gifoie > Concentrated Gifoie any day.
    5char

TFW JB Bouncer and have to choose between optimizing for one class or the other.

Make another character to specialize in a class combination, problem solved!

And SEGA gets more money :- )

making main do everything >>>>>>

also sega still gets money

Quote Originally Posted by AmanoMai View Post
    - what does fire Fo use for bossing?
    Blazing Sa-Foie is slightly stronger than Blazing Gi-Foie and a bit more PP efficient, so spamming it with a Rod is viable on a fire-weak boss.
    The reason to use Safoie over Gifoie is that Concentrated Gifoie sucks at mobbing
    Okay.