Page 191 of 254 FirstFirst ... 91141181188189190191192193194201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by MysticAura View Post
    Resta Advance is good choice, it really raises your survivability in bad situations. Uncharged Brilliant Resta will heal through almost anything, and multi Resta is more likely to full heal per tick. Shifta skills aren't great. If you have a low number of skill points it should beat T attack up 2, but this reverses if you can afford all 10 SP. Shifta critical is awful unless you party with another class that can take advantage of it. I would rather look into Deband Cut if there is nothing else to put points into.
    Never invest into resta advance as FO/TE, simply because one tick of a good brilliants charged Resta SHOULD already full heal or close to it just with shifta drink (should get between 1000-1200HP for one tick). And chances are 2000HP chara could leave long enough to see the other ticks. Resta as it is is already overkill healing, making it more overkill is really a waste of points

even if we're talking self survivability, uncharged should be two ticks at 300-400HP each, which should be plenty enough (uncharged Megiverse can be an option too), unless you're getting smacked around a lot, but if that happens, you're probably doing something wrong as FO
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 8, 2017 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Never invest into resta advance as FO/TE, simply because one tick of a good brilliants charged Resta SHOULD already full heal or close to it just with shifta drink (should get between 1000-1200HP for one tick). And chances are 2000HP chara could leave long enough to see the other ticks. Resta as it is is already overkill healing, making it more overkill is really a waste of points
    Charged Brilliant Resta won't really benefit, the Brilliant craft is a much bigger increase in healing power than the skill as it is. Multi and Brilliant uncharged are the ones that see benefits.

even if we're talking self survivability, uncharged should be two ticks at 300-400HP each, which should be plenty enough (uncharged Megiverse can be an option too), unless you're getting smacked around a lot, but if that happens, you're probably doing something wrong as FO
    I don't go to Megiverse for panic healing. Uncarged Resta is faster and can't be interrupted unless you're launched out of the healing field, which still won't stop you from getting the first tick. It's also possible to mirage/charge escape out of Resta before getting the second tick, and it's actually beneficial to do this in some situations because it's faster than waiting for the second tick, or it lets you heal between enemy attacks.

I understand why you wouldn't take Resta Advance but it's not a skill I would completely avoid. The real benefits come out in worst case situations and there isn't a shortage of skill points at the current level cap. Even 75/75 provides enough SP to make Resta Advance viable.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Spoiler!

swiki seems to say it's about a 4.11% increase in base stats over level 17 shifta.
    The skill tree calculator has me at 1054 on my fo/te tree, that oughta be 1261.638 with level 17 shifta and 1313.5475 with maximum advance; a difference of about 51.9095 t-atk. yeah that doesn't seem worth it yet when I could just get t-atk up 2 first; and THAT 75 t-atk can still be boosted by shifta.

I take it somebody might be able to figure out at what point max shifta advance would wind up overtaking t-atk up 2, but I think we are still really far off from that.

well I guess I'll either go the tech up 2 route or get most of deband cut then

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I take it somebody might be able to figure out at what point max shifta advance would wind up overtaking t-atk up 2, but I think we are still really far off from that.
    About 1500 base attack required for it to give 75 atk. Probably a bit higher, since it's 1.25x of 19.7%, but it's close enough.

Charged Brilliant Resta won't really benefit, the Brilliant craft is a much bigger increase in healing power than the skill as it is. Multi and Brilliant uncharged are the ones that see benefits.
    If you're going to include multi resta, there's very little reason to craft it as such if you're going to do panic healing. You're better off leaving it uncrafted.

Yes, the second healing tick will come out faster, but it is still weaker in healing.

The points you put into resta advance could be better utilized in territory PP save, which lets panic heals be less costly. Would help brilliant resta be a better panic heal anyway. Also very beneficial for zondeel and zanverse.
    Last edited by Anubaly; Apr 8, 2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    Spoiler!

swiki seems to say it's about a 4.11% increase in base stats over level 17 shifta.
    The skill tree calculator has me at 1054 on my fo/te tree, that oughta be 1261.638 with level 17 shifta and 1313.5475 with maximum advance; a difference of about 51.9095 t-atk. yeah that doesn't seem worth it yet when I could just get t-atk up 2 first; and THAT 75 t-atk can still be boosted by shifta.

well I guess I'll either go the tech up 2 route or get most of deband cut then
    Remember that Shifta Advance is applied to MPA too. This is the sole reason I choose Shifta Advance over T-Atk Up 2.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Quote Originally Posted by Anubaly View Post
    If you're going to include multi resta, there's very little reason to craft it as such if you're going to do panic healing. You're better off leaving it uncrafted.
    The difference in heal amount isn't that great between the two. There can also be many reasons behind a choosing a particular tech customization. If you primarily want to be able to heal through successive attacks you might take Multi Resta and then take Resta Advance to boost your healing in situations where you don't want to wait for full charge. I also think having Multi Resta full heal per tick is a nice thing to shoot for as it removes all the disadvantages over Brilliant if you're going to charge it.

The points you put into resta advance could be better utilized in territory PP save, which lets panic heals be less costly. Would help brilliant resta be a better panic heal anyway. Also very beneficial for zondeel and zanverse.
    It's easy to have both, you don't have to pick between those two if you don't want to. It would only be out of the question if you wanted all 3 Techer Masteries.

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    Remember that Shifta Advance is applied to MPA too. This is the sole reason I choose Shifta Advance over T-Atk Up 2.
    This is an important point, but it's still a pretty small boost. I would rather chance it that a Techer shows up with Shifta Strike.

The difference in heal amount isn't that great between the two. There can also be many reasons behind a choosing a particular tech customization. If you primarily want to be able to heal through successive attacks you might take Multi Resta and then take Resta Advance to boost your healing in situations where you don't want to wait for full charge. I also think having Multi Resta full heal per tick is a nice thing to shoot for as it removes all the disadvantages over Brilliant if you're going to charge it.
    In that case, you take t-atk up 2 so that you resta heals more per tick anyway. Won't help a significant amount, but as your resta's healing is based on all t-atk outside of your weapon's base, you also get more power out of it this way. Successive attacks are meaningless to the majority of forces out there that can't live through a big one, let alone several medium ones.

There's also multi hit attacks, such as gifoie, that would keep you healed better with megiverse under you. If you're going to be caught in a situation where you could actually charge multi resta in your described situation, a megiverse and an uncharged multi hit tech would be better. Not to mention potentially more PP efficient.

It's easy to have both, you don't have to pick between those two if you don't want to. It would only be out of the question if you wanted all 3 Techer Masteries.
    You certainly can have both, but that doesn't mean it's worth any skill points. Raising your atk helps with resta anyway. Aiming for more atk will help with both your damage, which in turn helps with survivability, and your resta's healing. Thus, using a cookie cutter fire and light + dark tree, you would have a techer tree that looks something like this:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0000jdB0000006

My uncharged resta heals for about 370 per tick with brilliant craft (only shifta, no drink effect or team drink effect). That's a bit under half my HP. An uncharged multi hit resta would only be slightly above that for both hits touching me. 195% (my craft) versus 226% (best multi hit resta possible). And that's simply not worth it for 1 less PP, especially if both hits of uncharged brilliant resta hit.

I suppose if you aren't willing to tough it out for a great craft of brilliant resta, yes, multi-hit might have some use. A good brilliant craft is far better though, and makes placing any points into resta advance useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubaly View Post
    In that case, you take t-atk up 2 so that you resta heals more per tick anyway. Won't help a significant amount, but as your resta's healing is based on all t-atk outside of your weapon's base, you also get more power out of it this way. Successive attacks are meaningless to the majority of forces out there that can't live through a big one, let alone several medium ones.
    I think just one point in Resta Advance would beat 10 points in T attack 2 if your goal was healing. Two points certainly would. Unless you were just taking the adding healing as an incidental gain, T attack 2 isn't a good investment. Getting a 3rd point in masteries is similarly very small. In your example tree, the 2nd point in Wind Mastery 1 is raising your element specific damage by .9%. It's close to trivial, so if you took that point and put it in Resta Advance, you would not notice a damage drop, but you might notice the increases healing. The same goes for the final point of T attack 2 It's the largest T attack gain per skill level in that skill, but it's only a .5% increase damage.

I don't get one shot unless PPC is active and even then it's a maybe. Medium attacks are certainly survivable if you get healed through them. This is not only something that applies to Fo anyway as you can heal the entire party as well as yourself.

There's also multi hit attacks, such as gifoie, that would keep you healed better with megiverse under you. If you're going to be caught in a situation where you could actually charge multi resta in your described situation, a megiverse and an uncharged multi hit tech would be better. Not to mention potentially more PP efficient.
    It depends on the situation but that is an alternative.

You certainly can have both, but that doesn't mean it's worth any skill points. Raising your atk helps with resta anyway. Aiming for more atk will help with both your damage, which in turn helps with survivability, and your resta's healing. Thus, using a cookie cutter fire and light + dark tree, you would have a techer tree that looks something like this:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0000jdB0000006
    I already mentioned the tree above but I also want to point out that this discussion in part was started around the question of a multi tree Fo. Having a handful of points in Wind there might not be desirable in such a case. Having the two 5% Mastery boosts is a good choice for any tree though.

My uncharged resta heals for about 370 per tick with brilliant craft (only shifta, no drink effect or team drink effect). That's a bit under half my HP. An uncharged multi hit resta would only be slightly above that for both hits touching me. 195% (my craft) versus 226% (best multi hit resta possible). And that's simply not worth it for 1 less PP, especially if both hits of uncharged brilliant resta hit.
    Multi is a more niche craft. I use Brilliant more often, but I think both are usable.

I suppose if you aren't willing to tough it out for a great craft of brilliant resta, yes, multi-hit might have some use. A good brilliant craft is far better though, and makes placing any points into resta advance useless.[/QUOTE]

Hey all I just came back to the game after quite some time away because of toaster pc. Anyways I was wonder how good ice techs are or if there is a good way to make them my main focus. any help is appreciated even if its something like switch to techer main or something. currently running FO/TE

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

This is an important point, but it's still a pretty small boost. I would rather chance it that a Techer shows up with Shifta Strike.
    Shifta Advance and Strike aren't exclusive to each other; if a Force uses Shifta Advance 10 and a Techer uses Shifta Advance 5 with Shifta Strike 5, the shifta buff on everybody hit by both of them will act with Shifta Advance 10 and Shifta Strike 5.

I know my techer main tree can't really afford to do 10/5 unless I forsake Te/Fi mobbing and remove Wand Gear Element, eh I guess I could see people doing that then

either way, shifta advance probably isn't worth going out of the way for on a techer sub tree I guess