Page 203 of 254 FirstFirst ... 103153193200201202203204205206213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    As mentioned before, Shifta Advance (as well as Deband Advance) are worthless and Shifta Critical is a small and extremely situational boost for some other players but not any Fo or Te. Deband Cut however is useful for everyone cause the less you need to heal, the more you can attack.

But it's a no-brainer that the points should go into a substantial damage boost to one element rather a truly insignificant t-atk boost that makes almost no difference.

Resta Advance is also useful.
    Nope, totally disagree and you're missing the point: there is no need to have two elemental on one tree. The extra SP can go anywhere but why not put it into having higher dps? Even if it's 50 or 60 more base points, collectively that makes a huge difference in a 12/12, especially where time is a factor. The alternative is dragging around a dead elemental that will never get used within the same field.

Players spend lots of meseta affixing for dps to raise their offense, even if by a few more points because it all adds up. Good players squeeze as much dps out of their build as possible because they like fast runs. If you think that a 12/12 doesn't benefit from shifta advance and shifta critical please stop running mpas as a fo/te because you're probably slowing down the pack.

Also, resta advance is a joke. Players can just boost its effect through crafting rather than wasting their SP on it, that's a no-brainer.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Ok, played with the skill trees a bit. Not big on more magic-heavy classes, so I likely botched this thing to hell and back three, maybe four times.

https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...0000jdB0000006

General mindset going in was focusing on charge techs and using a rod. It'll mean having to bust my ass for a rainbow set, but I'm fine struggling to get a 13* and some 12*s to round out what's needed, upgrading when I can. The only thing I'm really worried about is my PP - I took none of the PP boosters in the Force tree and only 6 points in one of the two on the Techer tree. I figured I'd hit strong, then pray to god I can recover somehow. Likely a bad strategy.

Anywho, any tips or hints on what I should swap around? Wasn't sure if taking the first "mastery" line of each element was a good thing or not, but I figured it'd be a nice damage boost. I could probably remove those in place of something like maxing out both PP trees and taking something like Tech High up to max rank if it'd mean more damage ultimately.

Thanks.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Ok, played with the skill trees a bit. Not big on more magic-heavy classes, so I likely botched this thing to hell and back three, maybe four times.

General mindset going in was focusing on charge techs and using a rod. It'll mean having to bust my ass for a rainbow set, but I'm fine struggling to get a 13* and some 12*s to round out what's needed, upgrading when I can. The only thing I'm really worried about is my PP - I took none of the PP boosters in the Force tree and only 6 points in one of the two on the Techer tree. I figured I'd hit strong, then pray to god I can recover somehow. Likely a bad strategy.

Anywho, any tips or hints on what I should swap around? Wasn't sure if taking the first "mastery" line of each element was a good thing or not, but I figured it'd be a nice damage boost. I could probably remove those in place of something like maxing out both PP trees and taking something like Tech High up to max rank if it'd mean more damage ultimately.

Thanks.
    Things are going to change with Ep.5 where Masteries are getting changes that allow for some redistribution of SP, but as it stands now, you want to focus on both Mastery 1 and 2 rather than splitting it like you did, so on Force you can only focus on one, while on Techer you can focus on two.
    For your PP concerns, for Force, your best bet is to put 3 points in to Rod Shoot (+5PP per hit), and on the Techer side, you need PP Convert and Super Treatment (boosts passive PP regen when you heal yourself of a Status Effect).
    Some people will argue otherwise, but on a Force, it is not neccessarily worth it to put points in any of the Resta, Shifta, or Deband Skills; for Resta, with a good craft you can usually heal yourself completely with just an uncharged Resta, and Shifta and Deband only give a boost to your base stats, so ultimately going full in on Shifta Advance only nets you like 65 T-ATK for 10SP compared to a normal Shifta.
    I would go for something like this (though you can change the Masteries as suits you): Fo/Te Fire/Light/Dark Rod Only
    I personally am not a fan of Photon Flare due to it being an Active skill, and would much rather go for static T-ATK boosts, though with the right configuration, it can be really good with only a short cooldown, maybe something like this (this gives you 25 more T-ATK, but with a 25 second cooldown): Basic Photon Flare Variant
    Also, I'm sure someone else might come up with something better.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 24, 2017 at 01:03 PM.

Hmm.... so ditch the support aspect, ditch Photon Flare in exchange for an all-round damage boost, and focus more on straight-up Tech boosts, damage boosts, and the few PP-regen things like Super Treatment?

Alright, lemme work that up into a skill tree I'll add back in here in a minute...

Edit: This look any better?

Basically grabbed that fire tech charge speed skill, grabbed Rod Shoot and maxed High Charge in place of Photon Flare. On the Techer tree, I maxed out PP Convert, grabbed Super Treatment, and grabbed (and maxed) both second-tier Light and Dark Masteries. Looking a bit better now?
    Last edited by Calsetes; Jul 24, 2017 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Hmm.... so ditch the support aspect, ditch Photon Flare in exchange for an all-round damage boost, and focus more on straight-up Tech boosts, damage boosts, and the few PP-regen things like Super Treatment?

Alright, lemme work that up into a skill tree I'll add back in here in a minute...

Edit: This look any better?

Basically grabbed that fire tech charge speed skill, grabbed Rod Shoot and maxed High Charge in place of Photon Flare. On the Techer tree, I maxed out PP Convert, grabbed Super Treatment, and grabbed (and maxed) both second-tier Light and Dark Masteries. Looking a bit better now?
    That's the same link you posted before.

Sorry, I forgot to copy it.

https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...0000jdB0000000

Try this one?

So, I spent my skill points on my Force last night using the second build I posted.

I uh.... I had enough T-ATK at level 35 to equip Lumia's 13* rod. I'm now one-shotting enemies with my Rod Shoot in the caves. I don't think I'll have much of a problem getting her to 75 with the XP boost. Techs seemed weaker than my regular attack, but it could be due to the fact that I haven't spent the skills needed in the various masteries or charge boost skills yet. Could also be that I don't have many level 17 techs yet - been throwing Excubes at the shop to get level 17 ones of what I don't even have a level 1 version of yet.

Damage would be higher with 9 points in Mastery 1 and 1 point in Mastery 2, 120%(Mastery 1) vs 121,8%(Mastery 1+2).But Ep5 changes come in ~15 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Damage would be higher with 9 points in Mastery 1 and 1 point in Mastery 2, 120%(Mastery 1) vs 121,8%(Mastery 1+2).But Ep5 changes come in ~15 hours.
    Ok, I'll keep that in mind then when I get back to the game. I noticed with some of these skills it's sometimes better to split the points like that, since one or two here give bigger gains than the final point or two there.

So, quick skimming of the class tree didn't see many changes to Force from what I could see - literally just the second level of each Mastery getting their ranks cut from 10 to 5 and doubling the percentage they go up (so still 120% at max rank, but 104% at rank 1 or so.) So roughly 45 points to grab all of ranks 1 and 2 in both Force and Techer trees, and another 3 points to unlock those. Going to fiddle around with the old skill tree thing with that in mind - figure it'd be best to focus on those masteries and spend the remaining 46 points on needed things.