Page 221 of 254 FirstFirst ... 121171211218219220221222223224231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2539

I didn't forget about Ice and Bolt not being too bad when it comes to PP management.

As long as a class has a decent amount of DPS, it'll always have niche uses. That much is guaranteed and doesn't need to be talked about.

But my complaints are not that /Fi and /Su no longer have niche uses. It's that they had a substantial reduction in use. Past niche and straight into fringe.

Hence my hyperbole when I was typing in all caps.

Just a question but wouldn't you want to transfer the S ability factors from the val series into the Atra? Would that work since the abilities carry over? probably a stupid question but is it possible to transfer the Flowing Grace from the Val Gunslash to the Val Rod? Is it worth going with the Special factors for the atra rod over just using the general affixes? Lastly, how do you go about Unlocking the S4 special factor on the atra? Will unlocking it cause you to lose your previous abilities?
    Last edited by amalgomator; Feb 28, 2018 at 11:09 PM.

Post #2146:

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhin View Post
    Hey guys I need some suggestions, right now I got a Val GS with S2 Photon Reduction so I was thinking of going Atra Rod with the following:

S1:2% dmg
    S2: Photon Reduction
    S3: Val Rod SSAF
    S4: Atra Rod SSAF

and finish it up with Phrase Weak, Elegant Tech and Astral Soul.

What do you guys think? Is the S1: Photon Reduction or PP regen THAT much worth? What about the "normal" abilities?
    Yes, you would, and you can. Idk about Flowing Grace being a good choice, 10 pp every 4 seconds is pretty slow. I think most people chose S2: Photon Reduction, I would think 10% pp reduction is better than 10pp every 4 seconds. As for the others, I would think so. There is a breakdown of the different pp related S class abilities some posts back. You're basically choosing between consistency of the S class stuff to basic t atk and pp affixes, I don't think an extra 100 t atk and/or 10pp is worth it over S class.
    I'm going Astral Soul, Sentence Magia, Elegant Technique, Phrase Weak, and then the 4 S class things on my rod.

Quote Originally Posted by amalgomator View Post
    Just a question but wouldn't you want to transfer the S ability factors from the val series into the Atra? Would that work since the abilities carry over? probably a stupid question but is it possible to transfer the Flowing Grace from the Val Gunslash to the Val Rod? Is it worth going with the Special factors for the atra rod over just using the general affixes? Lastly, how do you go about Unlocking the S4 special factor on the atra? Will unlocking it cause you to lose your previous abilities?
    You can affix any S abilities to Atra, just keep in mind that every weapon will only have 1 SAF. So for example if you want Val rod SAF and Atra rod SAF you either need to:

1) +35 your Val before upgrading, affix it with its SAF, then upgrade, then affix your Atra again to get the S4.

2) Buy/drop a second Val rod, +35 and upgrade your first Val to Atra, +35 your second Val, then affix the Atra while using the Val as one of your affix fodders.

It is possible to use abilities from different weapon types, so you can use Flowing Grace on the rod. Flowing Grace has pros and cons compared to Radiating Grace and Photon Reduction. The main pro to Flowing Grace is that it should (I haven't tested) be able to provide PP even when your natural PP regen stops (ie during casting). If you could somehow time it to always trigger while you're in a casting animation (Gigrants 0, Nabarta 0, Ilzonde Ilbarta uncharged), it's a pretty significant boost to PP efficiency while casting. The downside is that it doesn't stack with PP restorate, PP Convert, Super Treatment, or Ketos Proi.

In my opinion Photon Reduction is the most versatile and reliable PP efficiency increase. Radiating Grace provides the maximum PP efficiency when you're using a PP rate increase (like PP Convert or stationary PP Restorate) but its value depends heavily on the techs that you use and their charge times. Flowing Grace doesn't really mesh particularly well with Force (changed my mind see edit below), but you could use if it you wanted, and in very particular situations it even becomes a strong S ability. In general though I think it's more for a class like Bo where you can spend a lot of time in PA animations that keep your PP bar from recharging.

And yes, Atra really needs the S abilities to shine over the competition. Outside of S abilities, the only strength of Atra is high base attack. This is offset by its weak potential of only 10% damage. Lower base damage Qliphad and Nemesis weapons will vastly overpower non S ability Atra because of their better potentials. I would say that getting at least 4% damage from S abilities is a good goal for Atra affixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    10 pp every 4 seconds is pretty slow.
    It's actually more PP per second than you get from moving PP Restorate level 10 barring any other PP rate boost (2.5 vs 2) and it should work while your PP bar is frozen during casting. It has drawbacks for sure, but it's not an insignificant boost.

EDIT

Actually I think I need to correct myself. When you factor in for cast animation time, Flowing Grace is in general as good or better than Photon reduction 10% for most techs costing 25 or less. Photon reduction wins for Concentrated/uncharged techs that cost 25 PP or more. More precisely, they are more or less giving you the same effect if your tech costs you 25 PP per second.
    Last edited by Aexorcet; Mar 1, 2018 at 01:22 AM.

Astral Soul, Sentence Magia, Elegant Technique, Phrase Weak, and then the 4 S class things on my rod as a new player i still dont fully understand how to do all this affixing stuff it seems really confusing.... as for the s type abilities im curious as to what would be considered probably the best route for the rod in that case id think the natural pp regen + the pp consumption reduction would be the go to method other then damage

Astral Soul, Sentence Magia, Elegant Technique, Phrase Weak, and then the 4 S class things on my rod as a new player i still dont fully understand how to do all this affixing stuff it seems really confusing.... as for the s type abilities im curious as to what would be considered probably the best route for the rod in that case id think the natural pp regen + the pp consumption reduction would be the go to method other then damage
    Don't forget add ability tech&PP3 is now a thing.

Astral Soul, Sentence Magia, Elegant Technique, Phrase Weak, and then the 4 S class things on my rod as a new player i still dont fully understand how to do all this affixing stuff it seems really confusing....
    It is a little. Also if you're a new player, then going for 8 slots might be difficult. S abilities make going to 8 slots easier for Atra/Val itself, but you still need 8 slot fodder for the affix process. If you want to produce the affix that you list above then you'll need the following:

+35 Ray or Union weapon with 8 slots, this gives you the Astral Soul SAF. Get this from grinding 2018 badges. You will need many excubes to upslot to 8 s

+35 Elveda tech weapon with 8 slots, this is for Sentence Magia. Take the collection file from Pudding on the right side counter of the main lobby. Again you'll need to upslot

Elegant (or Grace for better stats) Technique support item, this will let you add Elegant/Grace Technique when affixing. Buy from the player shop.

+35 Fornis weapon for Phrase Weak. Very hard to get if you don't have one already because the collection file for this series is expired. If you don't have one of these already, then don't bother trying to get one.

You'll then need 2-3 +35 Val weapons to use as affix fodder for their S abilities, or you'll need a lot of gold mats to change your Val's weapon type to affix it with different S abilities.

This is a really old affixing guide, but the basic idea is still the same now as it was back when this was current:

http://fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/

as for the s type abilities im curious as to what would be considered probably the best route for the rod in that case id think the natural pp regen + the pp consumption reduction would be the go to method other then damage
    That's fine, although you won't be doing as much damage as other weapon options if you go for all out PP efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Post #2146:

Yes, you would, and you can. Idk about Flowing Grace being a good choice, 10 pp every 4 seconds is pretty slow. I think most people chose S2: Photon Reduction, I would think 10% pp reduction is better than 10pp every 4 seconds. As for the others, I would think so. There is a breakdown of the different pp related S class abilities some posts back. You're basically choosing between consistency of the S class stuff to basic t atk and pp affixes, I don't think an extra 100 t atk and/or 10pp is worth it over S class.
    I'm going Astral Soul, Sentence Magia, Elegant Technique, Phrase Weak, and then the 4 S class things on my rod.
    By the time you save 10 pp from tech casting wouldn't it offset the difference with 10pp every 4 secs? Still... photon reduction is a lot cheaper anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

So let me see if i have this ability affix stuff figured out. I would need each of those weapons set to the max with the factor unlocked for transfer, elegant item for transfe, multiple copies of val would i want to combine them into a single fodder with all 3 s factors then throw them at the atra weapon? That seems to be the only correct choice so you can squeeze S4 in there. How do you go about obtain the other val factors? Curious would it be easier and cheaper to just get up and buy the weapon with that specific factor unlocked and just transfer it over.

So let me see if i have this ability affix stuff figured out. I would need each of those weapons set to the max with the factor unlocked for transfer, elegant item for transfe, multiple copies of val would i want to combine them into a single fodder with all 3 s factors then throw them at the atra weapon? That seems to be the only correct choice so you can squeeze S4 in there. How do you go about obtain the other val factors? Curious would it be easier and cheaper to just get up and buy the weapon with that specific factor unlocked and just transfer it over.
    You don't need to make an extra Val fodder, you can just transfer them directly on to the Atra rather than putting them on a single fodder (assuming the Atra and the Vals have a compatible number of affix slots; ie. if your Atra has 5 affixes, the Vals also need at least 5 affixes); S-abilities are always 100% with no upslot penalty, so once they are on a weapon, you only lose them if you don't select them for transfer, so you can get the S-abilities on the Atra to help with upslotting before trying to get the SAF affixes on there (which are subject to upslot penalty).
    Depending on the the S-abilities, buying them with them already on the Val may be the only option as they may be drop abilities rather than factor abilities. Here is a list of the S-abilities and where they come from: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/episod...ass-abilities/
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 1, 2018 at 12:54 PM.