Page 53 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast

^You can use Boots of Serafi as FOTE (don't need BO sub or anything at all!), no problem. The boots is basically 'Elysion with melee palette and double jump'. xD

Although, melee palette means it has different usage style than Elysion/Wand's 'press Shift to switch Tech'. Like, setting 3 different tech on Serafi will be clunkier than Elysion, due to how melee palette works.
    Last edited by KazukiQZ; Jul 18, 2015 at 10:05 PM.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

ah i see
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    so recently, with the help of Xie *13 weapon, i can finally have an option to max element my long lost abandoned slave rod

but i still wonder about what element best suited for it?

any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Anything not wind, I'm super helpful, I know,

i thought with how the potential work on slave weapon, wind (or lightning) is the best option for that rod...

care to explain it further?

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    is it just more T-ATK and the equip requirement that make the boots better?
    Another two advantages of Boots of Serafi that haven't been mentioned is no cast delay and also being able to do a normal attack to get to the JA window much sooner.
    The only things Elysion is better for is having a superior weapon palette, stronger normals with Wand Gear, and if you use TEBR, you can get faster spamming with Step Snatch Combo.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Better to use pwand for ilzonde for better pp sustain (or JB if you need to jump lasers or something).
    Well, if you have enough PP for the period that you need to use Il-Zonde, or if you're under PP Convert, then reduced lightning charge potential has it's uses. I never said it was the most PP efficient form of travel; just that it's the fastest. Regular Il-Zonde is ranked third in terms of speed, AFAIK.
    I use Psycho Wand, Rondakrus, and Xylinor Divies for when I do TACOs, as it doesn't hurt to have more options.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Jul 19, 2015 at 02:59 AM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

what is step snatch combo? this can let you spam techs faster somehow? lol

if il zonde is 3rd what are 1 and 2

pp sustain will be faster overall with il zonde travel if you were doing something like, rushing to A3 in free explore. assuming you don't run out of PP as fast and thus are able to avoid having to stop and start walking.

if somehow you have the pp to last that though, then faster charge is faster.
    Leader of team Touhou.

I meant Snatch JA Combo. Step canceling tech lets you spam techs faster, but without Snatch JA Combo, you lose the ability to JA when doing that which makes the DPS less.

First is Il-Zonde with the lightning charge reduction potential, as opposed to without it.
    2nd, IIRC, is alternating Asagiri and a single step.
    This is only counting short-term movement speed under PP Convert, and not counting PP efficiency.

And once again, with PP Convert, you can keep PP maxed while still not using Surpreme Blessing/Light Formation, so the most ideal method would be to use different potentials depending on the situation for long-term dashing.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Jul 19, 2015 at 04:17 AM.
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    i thought with how the potential work on slave weapon, wind (or lightning) is the best option for that rod...

care to explain it further?
    There is no right option for element. If you want to be the most effective then you need multiple skill trees and rainbow weapons. If you just wanna use the slave, then make it whatever element you use the most. I have that ancient oath 12* rod that I put as wind because I'm lazy and use sazan to mob 90% of the time. Would've put it as light, but light change costs way too much so I went for the next best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    I meant Snatch JA Combo. Step canceling tech lets you spam techs faster, but without Snatch JA Combo, you lose the ability to JA when doing that which makes the DPS less.

First is Il-Zonde with the lightning charge reduction potential, as opposed to without it.
    2nd, IIRC, is alternating Asagiri and a single step.
    This is only counting short-term movement speed under PP Convert, and not counting PP efficiency.

And once again, with PP Convert, you can keep PP maxed while still not using Surpreme Blessing/Light Formation, so the most ideal method would be to use different potentials depending on the situation for long-term dashing.
    Actually without pp reduction potentials, and level 10 pp convert, and 10 pp restore, and cast time reduced il zonde craft, I slowly run out of PP until I have to hold the charge for a bit to get it back up.

Is there a video of this 'snatch step cancel' stuff?
    Leader of team Touhou.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    I have that ancient oath 12* rod that I put as wind because I'm lazy and use sazan to mob 90% of the time.
    If you use Sa-Zan to mob 90% of the time, then you should put effort into getting a wind Boots of Serafi/Elysion, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Actually without pp reduction potentials, and level 10 pp convert, and 10 pp restore, and cast time reduced il zonde craft, I slowly run out of PP until I have to hold the charge for a bit to get it back up.

Is there a video of this 'snatch step cancel' stuff?
    There's also the PP cost reduction effect on drinks to take into account. But whatever... There are many times when I use the lightning charge reduction potential to good use in TACO runs. It's not really necessary, but it adds something to the table if you can afford it.

I've seen Snatch Step cancels used in various TA videos for Il-Barta on bosses, but I don't remember which ones, exactly.
    Characters

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    There is no right option for element. If you want to be the most effective then you need multiple skill trees and rainbow weapons. If you just wanna use the slave, then make it whatever element you use the most. I have that ancient oath 12* rod that I put as wind because I'm lazy and use sazan to mob 90% of the time. Would've put it as light, but light change costs way too much so I went for the next best option.
    but there is, more so with slave type weapon
    their potential stat boost will gone when pp under 50%

certainty this will narrow its element into:
    tech that have low pp cost, pp save craft, or tech that has long enough charge time to cover the pp loss.

for what i observe:

fire: only have foie and safoie for pp save, the other important tech are pp hungry, not too suitable for slave

ice: same situation with fire, also some even best used uncharged, hence elysion/serafi instead

light: ragrant spam, ilgrant spam... yeah... no.

dark: has few pp save craft (megid especialy) and long charge time of namegid, prob good choice for slave.

wind: sazan spam and low pp cost of most tech in this elemnt make it good compatibility with slave pot.

lightning: thanks to the pp reduce tree and also certain pp save craft, prob the most suitable element for slave if not for the existence of talis for zondeel and nazonde

now you can said "if you already knew these, why still ask?"
    well i just wanna hear other suggestion and who know someone might have interesting idea outside what i state above
    Last edited by Alma; Jul 19, 2015 at 12:18 PM.