Page 61 of 254 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161 ... LastLast

I came here with a few ideas which I knew were bad and wanted to be wrong and a couple that I still think is worth making a case for but probably won't succeed.

So all of you enlighten me. And sorry that I kept repeating myself. Being a discussion thread I wanted some feedback too, but with the stones thrown (without some helpful feedback!) I got naggy.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Utility is the entire point of FoTe to begin with yes. PPR/PPC/TB are huge for any kind of gameplay. From a DPS persective, they are also imperative unless you enjoy pulling your gs out every 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    In general play, it's not worth giving up these things anymore.
    This isn't like episode 1/2 where Fo/Fi and Fo/Br used much less PP than Fo/Te did because of pure one shotting power.
    With TB being completely passive now also shifts favors more towards /Te. The introduction of tech crafting and buffs to techs has lead to /Te no longer needing to spend 40 PP to kill a single Udan.
    Now, where we have mobs with 100k+ hp, that also makes /Te more desired for less time spent recovering PP.
    Thank you.

I figured dps loss during FoFi's pp regen cancel out whatever extra damage it had done, but if I picked up enough PP it might still work.

During single party plays I actually play FoTe more often, but I had downplayed PPC in favor of picking up dark as a second element.

About PPC - Does this effect your decision on unit affixes? I run 0 hp units, and going down to about 500 hp during PPC didn't feel right when I ran it late last year.

Te is the top general choice for a subclass to a Fo except where pure boss EQs are factored in
    Not the other way around? Te sub would be better for boss runs where you're in combat nonstop, no break time running between mob spawns...

So whats the exception? Gunner?

And Ilmegid being decent still? Oh boy. You'd best be talking about using it only against trash dragons weak to dark. Like, SH tier trash.
    Honest question. is dark useful at all past TA? for instance against SH tier semi trash Japanese oni's. As mentioned above I have picked it up, but pretty much for Fomelgion.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't know every enemy had a weak point to exploit. Like, I don't know...80% of non-darkers? If you think Fo/Br with one element actually works everywhere then I don't know what to say. At least Pokemon over there accurately describes how to play Fo/Br. Not that such an explanation was necessary, but it demonstrates that he at least knows how to play the class being discussed, quite unlike yourself here.
    That was me salty. Please accept my apologies. m(_ _)m

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyside View Post
    Honest question. is dark useful at all past TA? for instance against SH tier semi trash Japanese oni's. As mentioned above I have picked it up, but pretty much for Fomelgion.
    Crafted Gimegid can be pretty good for dumping damage on an immobile target.

I think regular megid can be good too in a dark build but I dunno.

dont forget NAmegid too, one of best bossing tools

Nope, PPC hasn't changed my affixes.
    I have a pure offense set for quests where I'm confident in my survival and bust out some of my tank units for certain quests where I may just need that slight hp adjustment. I can mix and match since both sets are Saiki units anyway. Even with 190 PP, I honestly can't give up Fo/Te anymore for general play unless I go Lightning Fo/Fi.

To be honest, /Te Light is the way to go for the bossing EQs where they are weak to light. /Br for something like the Ocean EQ with tons of Bal Rodos where you can Ilbarta and Banish is pretty damn good, assuming you end up getting that last Ilbarta chain hit anyway.
    Fo/Gu is something else, not a fan of downtime between chains. Magatsu is resistant against Ice too, so big no.

Yeah, like the above posts, Megid/Gimegid/Namegid are still good no matter what the difficulty is.

For the JP demons Megid prioritizes the giant's head which is their weakpoint, zondeel+gimegid takes cares of the small trash. Ilmegid though, just stick to using it on the weaker dragons.

Also, you can go for 2 elements without having to sacrifice PPC at all. http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simula...o2.5pE.5J0.6*0
    Is there something else you're going after because of limited trees?

I was about to make a tree for each masteries, since it seems it's the only way to go with Force, but I was wondering how much is worth a Force tree with Photon Flare (and a weapon for each element that boost a particular element damage, even if I know an element mastered Force will outclass it). I don't play Force very much, just occasionally, that's why I'm not really sure to buy new trees. Thanks for the replies.

Badly drawn by me, duh.
    Join the Order!

Hi! There's a lot of talking about builds in this thread, but not too much gameplay.

I'm a Fo/Te and I'm wondering about the usage of spells. I primarily use light and fire.

Which techs are good in which situation and how should I use the spell? I know that rods and talises make some techs behave differently. (Nafoie with talises is pretty garbage because it just drops it right below the talis so I need to have the talis pretty much inside the enemy.)

Also, I see that jumping or having a different angle of using some techs make a huge difference. (For example: Ragrants likes to hit below the target and not do any damage sometimes.)

Which techs are good for actual dps on bosses? A lot of times I can't tell which techs are
    better.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tayuku View Post
    (Nafoie with talises is pretty garbage because it just drops it right below the talis so I need to have the talis pretty much inside the enemy.)
    Zondeel -> Na-Foie on Talis is somewhat viable, since you hit all Zondeeled enemies at once with it. It's the strongest fire tech to do it on a Zondeeled mob (excluding Il-Foie). But it's not very PP efficent, so Zondeel -> Gi/Sa-Foie would be better most of the time. The only time that Na-Foie should be used is if you know Na-Foie would one-shot but the other two won't. But since their power isn't that far apart, that won't come up often.

Ever since episode 3, Na-Foie isn't that useful in general, though, since it's soooo much less PP efficient compared to the other fire choices for the slight additional damage for it to be worth it.

Which techs are good for actual dps on bosses? A lot of times I can't tell which techs are better.
    Best DPS for fire is technically Na-Foie, but with its questionable accuracy, it shouldn't be used unless you're sure it can hit with the ball AND when you're under PP Convert. Sa-Foie would be good most of the time for high DPS on bosses weak to fire. Both should have Blazing 3 recipe.
    For Ice, it'll be (Ice Fang 3) Il-Barta. Preferably with Innocent Form for the first 6 hits uncharged and the last charged (I switch to an ice Talis for the last hit when I can). When in a group with other Il-Barta casters, it's best to just use a Talis with it, since uncharged spam could accidentally take the 7th hit, which is much weaker than the charged version.
    For lightning, uncharged (Supercharged 3) Sa-Zonde spam (preferably with Innocent Form) would be the best DPS. With Supercharged recipe, you'll need to be a point blank. Swift recipe will let you cast it at pretty much any distance, with a big loss of power.
    For wind, uncharged (Windslicer 3) Na-Zan spam (with Innocent Form) would be the best DPS.
    For light, (Concentrated 3) Ra-Grants spam is the best DPS.
    For dark, (Umbral 3) Na-Megid uncharged (i.e. charged only for 1 second until you see the insignia) with Innocent Form is one of the best DPS options. You'll need PP Convert for sure, though, and even then, you'll run out of PP really fast, so it's not ideal in some cases. Another good DPS choice is (Concentrated 3) Gi-Megid, but it's not very good on enemies that move around a lot. But the highest DPS is technically (Concentrated 3) Ra-Megid, given that you can hit with all of its hits. But that can prove to be difficult on certain bosses. I don't know the exact frame data for charged and uncharged, so I'm not sure which is stronger when you compared charged with uncharged+Innocent Form.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Aug 1, 2015 at 09:33 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Which techs are good for actual dps on bosses? A lot of times I can't tell which techs are
    better.

Thanks!
    Fomelgion.

Barantsion's sexy af

I feel like with a dedicated tree you can pull off some serious damage.

”If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.“

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKanden View Post
    Barantsion's sexy af

I feel like with a dedicated tree you can pull off some serious damage.
    What weapon is that?