Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Okay-

So after a little more work and pondering on the porcelain throne about MAG shape locking, I think there's only one true way to lock a mag's shape (this is regardless of the DEF-45 rule; which I believe is only a disclaimer since forces have special evolutions at DEF45+)

You'll have to raise a mag to lv195 (for maximum effect) and have the person you want to evolve the mag into it's final shape feed it until it goes to lv196. Once this is done, you can freely raise it over the next three levels (until lv199). Once you're at lv199 though, you end up feeding it foods that oppose each other, and just make sure that it doesn't go to lv200 (i.e. on varaha: Difluid/Dimate, raises sync too).

Heh, of course, now I get this after I've raised 3 lv200 mags. Oh well, at least Nezumi has a bunch of lv150+ mags that I can use for experimentation...

-Cliftonium-

Hey Cliftonium,
    That's a pretty nifty idea there & theres no reason why it shouldn't work !!! & you even get to keep your MAGs SYNC & DEX maxed with the alternate feedings !!! Very Cool ! Just gotta be really careful about those feedings ...one mistaken item & BAM, it evolves for it's last time & you're forever stuck with it !!
    I kinda gave up on trying to lock shapes after you reported that the DEF > 45 trick didn't work. I actually started a new MAG experiment where I transferred seperate red, white, black, orange, & blue colored MAGs from other characters to my main character (purple). I'm going to raise them all & see how different they turn out. I thought that all level 3 MAGs were a standard color with unique highlights, but I've heard of red/ green BANA's & yellow/ grey ILA's....Got a long ways to go, though....
    Anyway, with your new idea, I can get my Whitill hunter an ILA MAG in a few short levels !! Very Cool !! Thanks 4 the post !

Hey Gureo-

Since my character's stats are pretty much all maxxed out (except mind/hp/tp), I went ahead and built a Ushashu mag last night, and raised it to level 89, passed it off to a Hunter-B friend of mine (Crunch!) and he converted it to Soma for me. Now I have a pretty funky mag that I rarely see other people using. Next up? The waffle-iron mag (force-mag) and the back-shelf (ranger-mag).

And who says that the special mags are better?

=) Cliftonium

Cool...hey, Cliftonium...you're a type-A hunter, right? What colors are the ILA & VARAHA MAGs that you evolve? (Also, what color is your characters outfit?

If it's cool with you, maybe whenever I get these MAGs all up to level 190+ (which may take a while), I could hand them over to you for the final evoloution (I really want a cool ILA & VARAHA !!!)....also, I am a type-B hunter, so if you want me to evolve a BANA, APSARAS, etc. for you, just ask !!

later...

Hey Gureo-

Yep; both of my characters (Nezumi, Nea) are type-A hunters. Nea's a blue costume character, and Nezumi is one of the special costumes, so I believe (though haven't confirmed this) that she gets a random mag color on each new mag she picks up equips.

Either way, I would be more than happy to help you perform the final evolution for your mags. I personally don't like Ila too much (it reminds me of two vampire fangs about to bite into my character), but I really like the Varahas I have. My suggestion is to raise the white mag you have to where it would be as a Varaha, so when I convert it over to Varaha, it'll be white topped. And from what I understand, the white tops are quite visible in dark rooms. =) As for converting a mag for me, I'd love to have a Garuda (I used to have one with my other lowbie: Shugotenshi), so I'll have to start workin on that.

Though I wish that there really were a way to lock the lv-2 mags; there's two ranger mags that I really really wish I could get (and keep) on my character: Surya (I have a lv49 one), and Tapas.

Send me a pvt/message so we can arrange a meeting to swap guild cards for future reference.

-= Cliftonium =-

Hey Cliftonium,
    I just sent you a private message. Write to my E-mail, because I log onto PSO world irregularly.
    later....