Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Well, WB play a very important key roll since they open platforms for melees to stand on the platform to deal more damage. But the problem with melees is whenever Magatsu moves, you have a chance of falling over. So it would be adviced to not use any PA that will cause jump animation such as Ignite Parrying or any moves that will move your position.
    Nobody's perfect, remember that

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

^ Also Cyber Meteor what wasn't in the Pic for the set bonus, It also gains Resistance in Ice, Electric and Dark by 9%. So grand total you get a +80 HP, +5 PP, +70 S/R/T-atk, +50 Dex/Apt, +9% to all Element Resists, +9% in Melee Resist and +12% in Ranged Resist.

I have a Question has any one try to just guard any of the big attacks? and "if" it works tried using the Karusanesu or Reitorasu for Damage when your out of place? Since Melee has the hardest time.

You could theoretically JG some of them with All Guard skill. However, JG itself does not reflect damage. It deals some of your attack as damage.

As many of you may had figured out Megatsu is hollow. It's body is not solid so practically the platforms made by the mask are floating on mid air so if you get extremely close to the masks you will fall off.

So, after I read your guide, would you say this is basiclly to defeat the boss is just do pure damage attacking?
    I mean if its that, wouldn't it be simple and just break the belly and just go shit crazy with WB than aiming for recommend parts?

Honestly, still confused on the whole aim of defeating this effeciently.
    There times annoying asses messing with WB to the belly when there are others aiming for parts. Though failed obviously.
    And there are times people do break parts but still fail

I had one group on 2nd day of Annilator and managed to beat him in under 15mins before reaching the 2nd gate and all parts broken ( except top, i think), and being the one and another using WB. Mostly cause as I noticed he can be 'stunned' somehow, not sure how but the team managed to get him falling backwards quite often.

So, which is the right way anyway? Parts then damage? Or just noob spam damage like crazy?

This boss is primarily a DPS check yes.

But after the belly takes enough damage, it becomes resistant to further attacks. That's why you go for other parts.

I'd say it's:
    1. Don't get hit.
    2. Destroy knees.
    3. Focus on any WB'd large face until it becomes dark, then move to the next.

If everyone's decently geared and good with the Quick Trials, it should be fine.
    I guess the primary problem is bad WBers who are stubborn.
    It must be difficult for most random multiparties to agree on who handles WB.

In the organized groups I run with, we usually assign one main WBer and then the rest are backup.
    I only overwrite if I see nearly everyone attacking a point and no WB on it, especially if people are about to use photon cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Mostly cause as I noticed he can be 'stunned' somehow, not sure how but the team managed to get him falling backwards quite often.like crazy?
    I've seen that too. Not sure what causes it. He sorta bends back and goes limp, with arms dangling.

Edit: Checked the JP swiki. It's when you attack the faces on his palms. I updated the main post with this info, as well as a placement map.

Edit2: Wrote on the placement map some of the positioning strategies I've noticed.
    Also noted that you can step dodge the white blast, and you can't avoid the red lightning by jumping super high into the sky.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Dec 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I've seen that too. Not sure what causes it. He sorta bends back and goes limp, with arms dangling.

Edit: Checked the JP swiki. It's when you attack the faces on his palms. I updated the main post with this info, as well as a placement map.

Edit2: Wrote on the placement map some of the positioning strategies I've noticed.
    Also noted that you can step dodge the white blast, and you can't avoid the red lightning by jumping super high into the sky.

Is there a limit of how many times it can be done? I seen the team was able to keep him in place, well, more than 10 secs, probably about 20-30 secs something like that.

It'll make the whole event more easier but its asking much the way the whole point of this EQ is to be more efficient and team work and shows whos a spammer out of the pack.

Anyone have any good recommendations for Hunter PAs to use when his arms are exposed? Most of the stuff I was trying ended up making me fall off the platform which was annoying as hell.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Not sure if mentioned but I just tried to Warcry the mobs that attack the gate, it looked like the flying scroll ones went after me even if they flied up a bit, not sure how much the limit is to it. The rest of them ofcourse went after me.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.