Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranger weapon

Default Ranger weapon

I know rangers don't get their own discussion thread for obvious reasons, so forgive me for creating this.

I'm a lv 74 ranger (Subclass lv 57 hunter) with a lv 3 potential yasminkov 3000r extended lv 9 (it uses silvadest so weapon dmg variance isn't significant anymore). I was thinking that this would be a better substitute than spending money on grinding and potential a hurio sniff (which I do have in light attribute) but I'm not even sure anymore because I'm looking at other people's speed runs and they are doing extreme dmg with SC while I manage to get only about 90k per hit with all my multipliers kicked in.

I'm also thinking about leveling gunner and utilizing gunner's zero advance/crit, perfect keeper multipliers since my rifle gets 16% dmg up close. CT from gunner might actually be decent as well at point blank sneak/diffuse/or SC (haven't tested which results in better dmg or which I can even perform reliably). But I actually don't know how much hunter adds in terms of unconditional dmg %. If someone would let me know as opposed to gunner's conditional dmg, that would be great~

Should I farm stones to get bio triner, grind out my hurio sniff, or just focus on saving money for affixing my units? I'm not sure how much more dmg units can actually give.
    So far, my curent units are hiei. I don't have any better armor nor do I have the ability to buy better armor so I was thinking about affixing mizer, shoot III, and shooting boost onto each of them while extending them so I don't die in 1 hit.
    I was thinking about zieg armor for my ranger, but that thing gives horrible PP and I find my ranger needs quite alot (although this could change with gunner sub's "attack pp restore 200%" and switching to launcher for actually decent pp restore for once).

This is a mess I know, but please do give your feedback on what a non premium ranger should be saving money for or using.

Edit: I named this "Ranger weapon" because I thought I was only going to ask if I should get a bio triner, hurio sniff, or keep my yasminkov. ;v

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentViper View Post
    I know rangers don't get their own discussion thread for obvious reasons, so forgive me for creating this.

I'm a lv 74 ranger (Subclass lv 57 hunter) with a lv 3 potential yasminkov 3000r extended lv 9 (it uses silvadest so weapon dmg variance isn't significant anymore). I was thinking that this would be a better substitute than spending money on grinding and potential a hurio sniff (which I do have in light attribute) but I'm not even sure anymore because I'm looking at other people's speed runs and they are doing extreme dmg with SC while I manage to get only about 90k per hit with all my multipliers kicked in.

I'm also thinking about leveling gunner and utilizing gunner's zero advance/crit, perfect keeper multipliers since my rifle gets 16% dmg up close. CT from gunner might actually be decent as well at point blank sneak/diffuse/or SC (haven't tested which results in better dmg or which I can even perform reliably). But I actually don't know how much hunter adds in terms of unconditional dmg %. If someone would let me know as opposed to gunner's conditional dmg, that would be great~

Should I farm stones to get bio triner, grind out my hurio sniff, or just focus on saving money for affixing my units? I'm not sure how much more dmg units can actually give.
    So far, my curent units are hiei. I don't have any better armor nor do I have the ability to buy better armor so I was thinking about affixing mizer, shoot III, and shooting boost onto each of them while extending them so I don't die in 1 hit.
    I was thinking about zieg armor for my ranger, but that thing gives horrible PP and I find my ranger needs quite alot (although this could change with gunner sub's "attack pp restore 200%" and switching to launcher for actually decent pp restore for once).

This is a mess I know, but please do give your feedback on what a non premium ranger should be saving money for or using.

Edit: I named this "Ranger weapon" because I thought I was only going to ask if I should get a bio triner, hurio sniff, or keep my yasminkov. ;v
    What is your RaHu skill tree? Regarding rifle, just go all out for ares!

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    What is your RaHu skill tree? Regarding rifle, just go all out for ares!
    This is what I have so far: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008

I'm thinking about investing into massive hunter/flash guard so that I can SC uninterrupted. I don't know how much flash guard helps in reducing dmg.

For max dmg though at close range, it seems like it would be better to sub gunner for the zero advance skills and my rifles 16% zero effort potential. Again, I don't know how much cond dmg I would lose out if I don't have fury stance on though.

My problem for farming Ares is that I feel useless and bad during UQ's as my ranger due to my pathetic surviability, mobbing ability, and dmg output overall.
    I tend to gravity bomb and JA divine launcher weakspots for a 26k+, but I'm sure that's weak. Although, I know most mobs in UQ are weak to ice and my weapons are all light.

Basically, should I just keep my yasminkov and affix units? I heard only 20 r-attack increase at 2000 overall r-attack is only 1%... not sure if i should bother doing that just for about 7-9% extra dmg considering the costs.
    Last edited by ArdentViper; Dec 18, 2014 at 09:48 PM.

You bring weak bullet, so immediately you are useful just for that. You have bullet keep, so I would just keep WB loaded as much as possible, mob with launcher in the mean time, and you're fine.

As for the HU tree, I like the MH/FG tree just in general, especially for UQ, because it makes any mistakes you make getting hit a lot more forgiving. MH is great for SC pretty much anywhere as long as you don't recklessly put yourself in a position where you could still die.

One tip, make sure you're utilizing standing snipe and sharp shooter (mostly relevant with SC, but whatever floats your boat). That's a lot of damage you're missing out on if you don't proc them.

ZRA Satcannon is counter productive with Sharpshooter available. Honestly, Bio or Hurio is going to be better for what you want to do as a ZRA Rifle is only good for Homing Emission shotgunning or Diffuse Shell. Perhaps upgrade to a Tian set for units and just extend them. Add an r-atk soul + shoot 3 per unit to start off small, but for decent gains. Also, Fury Stance stuff and JA Bonuses > ZRA x2 and Perfect Keeper. The only reason to go for Gu is Chain, and that is probably better for Gu/Ra with TMGs.

Max out Fury Combo Up. Go for Automate Halfline maxed, 1 point in Massive Hunter at least and whatever.

Now 1% damage is approximately 1% of your total attack. At least my weapons and random testing seem to agree with that, but make sure you have your weapon to 50 element too.

Use this tool (click EN in the right corner for english version) http://4rt.info/psod/ to calculate how much will change your damage between different setups of skills and equipment.

Also get zieg set. Its too cheap and easy to get to pass the oportunity. For affixing, skill builds and rifle choice refer to damage calculator. See for yourself what exactly you will get for investing into something, and if that gain satisfies you considering all the trouble. Try different combinations of weapons, skills, abilities and potentials. In this way you will be making your own choice.

Thank you all for the replies!

I now have a good idea what I should be doing~

Quote Originally Posted by Shirousagi View Post
    Also get zieg set. Its too cheap and easy to get to pass the oportunity. For affixing, skill builds and rifle choice refer to damage calculator. See for yourself what exactly you will get for investing into something, and if that gain satisfies you considering all the trouble. Try different combinations of weapons, skills, abilities and potentials. In this way you will be making your own choice.
    The problem with zieg is that it would put me down about 30pp or so, so I'm not too sure if having 110pp as a ranger is a good idea since pp recovery is somewhat of an issue i have when im supposed to be hoarding wb.
    Last edited by ArdentViper; Dec 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM.

The problem with zieg is that it would put me down about 30pp or so, so I'm not too sure if having 110pp as a ranger is a good idea since pp recovery is somewhat of an issue i have when im supposed to be hoarding wb.
    If you invest in Killing Bonus, then getting PP back won't really be an issue if you make good use of Diffuse Shell with AR, and Zero Distance/Rodeo Drive with Launcher. I've also seen clever RAs make use of Tactics Trap and Upper Trap to regen PP, although the situations that allow for that kind of trick are not many.

Not to mention that if you invest in Bullet Keep, then getting PP back is almost trivial, since you're still free to use the normal shots from your launcher.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    If you invest in Killing Bonus, then getting PP back won't really be an issue if you make good use of Diffuse Shell with AR, and Zero Distance/Rodeo Drive with Launcher. I've also seen clever RAs make use of Tactics Trap and Upper Trap to regen PP, although the situations that allow for that kind of trick are not many.

Not to mention that if you invest in Bullet Keep, then getting PP back is almost trivial, since you're still free to use the normal shots from your launcher.
    Yea, I use tactic traps with my g bomb and stun grenade. I'm thinking about upper trap as well as I used to use that as well. I don't bother with killing bonuses since most of the time, I don't find pp an issue when mobbing things... unless the mob has tons of hp like in UQ, in which I don't feel like killing bonus helps at all. Launcher normals do help a bit though against huge mobs and tossing out grenades i guess. My problem is that it seems that hiei extended even at just lv 5 is just as tanky as zieg's armor grinded to +10. I would know since I have a pair of zieg +10's on my gunner.

Zieg hidden unit stats give +80hp each while extended hiei is +30hp and 1pp. Hiei set bonus gives 25pp still though and a good amount of dex (idk if dex is even relevant lol). It's also a lot cheaper. Problem is that hiei comes with only 10 r-attack per unit. I don't know if it's worth spending so much money for mizer/shoot III per zieg unit is worth it if 20 r attack at 2000 r attack is only 1% dmg. I could be wrong though as I am compeltely new to this game.

Yea, I use tactic traps with my g bomb and stun grenade. I'm thinking about upper trap as well as I used to use that as well. I don't bother with killing bonuses since most of the time, I don't find pp an issue when mobbing things... unless the mob has tons of hp like in UQ, in which I don't feel like killing bonus helps at all. Launcher normals do help a bit though against huge mobs and tossing out grenades i guess. My problem is that it seems that hiei extended even at just lv 5 is just as tanky as zieg's armor grinded to +10. I would know since I have a pair of zieg +10's on my gunner.

Zieg hidden unit stats give +80hp each while extended hiei is +30hp and 1pp. Hiei set bonus gives 25pp still though and a good amount of dex (idk if dex is even relevant lol). It's also a lot cheaper. Problem is that hiei comes with only 10 r-attack per unit. I don't know if it's worth spending so much money for mizer/shoot III per zieg unit is worth it if 20 r attack at 2000 r attack is only 1% dmg. I could be wrong though as I am compeltely new to this game.
    Well, you certainly don't sound like a new player. You must have done your homework!

Honestly, unit sets are completely personal preference.

I'm not sure where you're coming with the 10 R-ATK per Hiei unit, though. What I'm seeing is that each unit gives 40 HP and 5 PP. Set bonus is 60 S-/R-/T-ATK, 80 DEX, and 25 PP. So in total, you'd be seeing 120 HP, 40 PP, 60 R-ATK, and 80 DEX, which seems pretty solid to me, as it's pretty all-rounded. Though, if you plan on extending them, then that's a completely different story which I am, unfortunately, not really experienced with.

Currently, I go with Tien/White Tail set, as it gives 90 R-ATK and 20 PP (I really should upgrade though...). Either way, whatever you pick is up to you. Just make sure that you don't pick a unit set that gives anything other than R-ATK. Any upgrade to your R-ATK may seem small individually, but just remember it all adds up.
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Dec 18, 2014 at 11:34 PM.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch