Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranger weapon

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    Well, you certainly don't sound like a new player. You must have done your homework!

Honestly, unit sets are completely personal preference.

I'm not sure where you're coming with the 10 R-ATK per Hiei unit, though. What I'm seeing is that each unit gives 40 HP and 5 PP. Set bonus is 60 S-/R-/T-ATK, 80 DEX, and 25 PP. So in total, you'd be seeing 120 HP, 40 PP, 60 R-ATK, and 80 DEX, which seems pretty solid to me, as it's pretty all-rounded. Though, if you plan on extending them, then that's a completely different story which I am, unfortunately, not really experienced with.

Currently, I go with Tien/White Tail set, as it gives 90 R-ATK and 20 PP (I really should upgrade though...). Either way, whatever you pick is up to you. Just make sure that you don't pick a unit set that gives anything other than R-ATK. Any upgrade to your R-ATK may seem small individually, but just remember it all adds up.
    Heh, thanks. I just don't want to hold anyone back in EQ's unless its my friends lol so I try to research.

In regards to the 10 r attack from hiei, I meant it comes with ability II, which gives 10 r attack without spending money to affix; alternatively Zieg comes with 40 attack.

And wow, after i looked into Tian set, that actually seems really nice. Only two items are needed for 90 R attack and quite a bit of defense. Also, the white tail 10* unit (seems like I'm lucky that I have a 10* unit that i didn't throw out for once) gives 10pp hidden stat!

The best part I think is that tian armor actually doesnt have a hidden stat, so extending it will do nothing but make it better in every way possible. Extended lv 5 tian gives 300 striking, 270 ranged and tech defense while giving 30hp +1pp bonus from extension if you choose the striking defense route, 20 hp+2 pp per unit if choosing ranged defense.

I think I found my upgrade from hiei for once. Thank you.

I believe you can choose tech defense too, which'll give you +3 PP and +10 HP (?). Not sure how much you're into PP, but thought I would throw that out there as another option.

And you're welcome!
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentViper View Post
    Heh, thanks. I just don't want to hold anyone back in EQ's unless its my friends lol so I try to research.

In regards to the 10 r attack from hiei, I meant it comes with ability II, which gives 10 r attack without spending money to affix; alternatively Zieg comes with 40 attack.

And wow, after i looked into Tian set, that actually seems really nice. Only two items are needed for 90 R attack and quite a bit of defense. Also, the white tail 10* unit (seems like I'm lucky that I have a 10* unit that i didn't throw out for once) gives 10pp hidden stat!

The best part I think is that tian armor actually doesnt have a hidden stat, so extending it will do nothing but make it better in every way possible. Extended lv 5 tian gives 300 striking, 270 ranged and tech defense while giving 30hp +1pp bonus from extension if you choose the striking defense route, 20 hp+2 pp per unit if choosing ranged defense.

I think I found my upgrade from hiei for once. Thank you.
    I'd still recommend getting at least Soul + Attack3 for standard affix though. Just in case. Going for Fang Soul should be cheaper than Mizer too.

Also, for crafted units, extended Hiei +30 HP and +1 PP, it's because you're using basic S-Def requirement. At Extend Lv3, Lv8, or Lv10 you can choose between S-Def Requirement (+100 HP) - R-Def Requirement (+10 PP) - T-Def Requirement (+30 HP, +3 PP, +4 Elemental resistance) ... well, much more money though. I'd suggest only extend up to ExLv8, since ExLv10 only gives around 10 more Def, I think. Not worth the money spent. ExLv3 is fine too of course

The route used for specialized recipe ..... craft to ExLv2 (standard craft) -> ExLv3 (specialized) ...... for ExLv8, craft to ExLv7 (standard craft only for cheaper route) -> ExLv8 (specialized)
    Last edited by final_attack; Dec 19, 2014 at 12:14 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    I'd still recommend getting at least Soul + Attack3 for standard affix though. Just in case. Going for Fang Soul should be cheaper than Mizer too.

Also, for crafted units, extended Hiei +30 HP and +1 PP, it's because you're using basic S-Def requirement. At Extend Lv3, Lv8, or Lv10 you can choose between S-Def Requirement (+100 HP) - R-Def Requirement (+10 PP) - T-Def Requirement (+30 HP, +3 PP, +4 Elemental resistance) ... well, much more money though. I'd suggest only extend up to ExLv8, since ExLv10 only gives around 10 more Def, I think. Not worth the money spent. ExLv3 is fine too of course

The route used for specialized recipe ..... craft to ExLv2 (standard craft) -> ExLv3 (specialized) ...... for ExLv8, craft to ExLv7 (standard craft only for cheaper route) -> ExLv8 (specialized)
    Thanks for clearing that up! Crafting in this game is still foreign to me haha.

By the way, for the Zieg set there's 4 different options. The s-def set gives 80 hp a piece, the r-def set gives 60 hp and 2 pp per piece, the t-def set gives 8 pp per piece and the dex set gives 40 hp and 4 pp per piece. Also, these can all be mixed to get the same set bonus as far as I know. They're fine uncrafted.

slightly off topic, but OP mentioned that rangers dont have their own thread. why is this?

Quote Originally Posted by manthisis View Post
    slightly off topic, but OP mentioned that rangers dont have their own thread. why is this?
    I'm completely new to the game's meta, mindset, and all that, but If I were to guess, it would be because there isn't much to talk about for ranger (although I have seen interesting builds and gameplay for ranger). To be honest, I could've posted this question on the gunner discussion board as I do sometimes see people asking questions about ranger there, but I wanted to get some attention so that I get the best possible answer ; which I ended up getting~

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post

I'll second the notion of the special level 3/8/10 crafts. With the +10 PP craft, its a lot easier to reach healthy PP totals (tiantail reaches up to 140PP with no affixes!) so that alone can save you from using mizer souls / spirita 3. Back in late episode 2 I can't recall rangers really needing any more than 150 PP and I doubt that's changed much. Though I guess having more lets you spam things like homing emission more often when its applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentViper View Post
    I'm completely new to the game's meta, mindset, and all that, but If I were to guess, it would be because there isn't much to talk about for ranger (although I have seen interesting builds and gameplay for ranger). To be honest, I could've posted this question on the gunner discussion board as I do sometimes see people asking questions about ranger there, but I wanted to get some attention so that I get the best possible answer ; which I ended up getting~
    I think there's still things worth talking about for ranger, as its the class that typically carries WB for the mpa. Not only can rangers place the WB they can also take out most WB'd targets extremely quickly with the right approach, and these approaches merit at least one avenue of discussion, in my opinion. There's also the basics and what not, just like for any other class.

*Bump*

We could rename this into the Ranger thread.

I have some questions about Magatsu. What would make sense for a premade dedicated WBer in there?

I'm thinking Ra/Fi. Massive Hunter seems unnecessary when most attacks need to be dodged for the QT anyway, and with how often he moves it seems hard to keep Standing Snipe for very long. Jump shooting Piercing Shell TAJA One Point then throwing traps on the ground for Tactics Trap seems to work well.

^For Magatsu, I survived most of the attack as RAHU with Automate (less downtime to heal) and Iron Will.
    You can also use Massive Hunter as a defensive stance, to attack Magatsu in close-medium range without worrying too much about his attacks (MH and Flash Guard increase your defense while Automate will just fill your HP back to 90-100%).
    For attack, I mainly use Piercing Shot spam, and with 157PP pool, it's very good (iirc 35-45k on WBed spot)

And agreed on Ranger thread. Please make it happen :3
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur