Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranger weapon

Consider ra/br as well. You are still hitting weak spots until they break so why not? Unless I'm mistaken at some parts which i dont mind being informed about. Surviving at magatsu is generally not a huge problem once you obtain the hp boost and if you arent getting it early enough then chances are you're probably not winning. Everyone already reaps the joy of lag/wonky mechanics and crashing campships anyways.

As for my own contributing dps, i find that im often hording my weak bullet and dont think i can outdps a turret, so i just sit on one and try to look cute. When he falls down and pukes ice, I use homing emission and shotgun his face.

Edit: If you guys dont mind i kinda want to start a new thread since i have questions about technical pa usage, gear, and trees...maybe.
    Last edited by InvertedWyvern; Dec 23, 2014 at 02:11 AM.

Well, if OP doesn't change the title or whatever, then you might as well start a general purpose Ranger thread.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

i always play ra/hu and these are my 2 cents:

-get bio rifle. it might be a pain to get all the stones but since it comes in light and is all-class and boosts just attacks which hunter already boosts, you will love ja-ing all the pa's. light attribute changer is 6mil so getting a wep that is light already is a huge bonus. also stones frags and ore drops are affected by the rare boost thats going on right now so it should be slightly easier. this lets you level your subclass to 75 with same rifle too

-i like affixing and crafting for hp for ra/hu, but thats just me. i like to throw suction grenades then walk up to mob cluster and point blank cosmos breaker into them, just-attacked is even better that way im always around to get the killing bonus and can do perfectly fine for pp at 130. bosses i just-attack sat cannon so that can be pp managed and even restocked with regular rifle attacks. so i go super hp heavy since my ranger is a cast and can hoard hp well already. i usually go: siorg + shoot3 + stamina3 + egg fever + alter tiro(you need 3 fodders or 2 fodders + target with tiro to get it at 80%). this gets you 95r-atk, 120hp and 1pp per piece. the pp variation would be: mizer+shoot3+st.fever+flict tiro+whatever, although flict tiro is much more expensive to buy fodders for so can prolly opt out shooting bonus and/or vinculum or ability3

-hiei 7* set gets only 10pp as set bonus not 25pp like cirno says so i would recommend tian over the 7* hiei, with 11* saiki still being king for uncrafted. i would extend the tian to 9 then do a special extend for level 10, with r-def for pp if you need or s-def with a 10% equip relaxer for 100hp per piece instead if you find your pp is fine where it is. then use the white tail or ing plate for leg pieces depending what you have/need. zieg to me is meh since you need to use his wep for the good set bonus, so maybe if you want to ra/br with his weak stance rifle

-i get good results with sneak shooter for ra/hu when sat cannon is too slow since it always guarantees the standing snipe bonus and is nice for just-attacking wb'ed weak spots like banther faces after lock-on. just activate massive hunter and bam. for magatsu i just wb and sneak shooter out my measly 130pp then jump into turret until he pukes ice then wb and sneak shooter with regular rifle attacks filling up pp and keeping the just attack fury combo going

-massive hunter+flash guard+automates are super super nice. i nick named my ranger "the immortal" because of this combo and thats why i went hp heavy since an auto dimate brings back 60% of 1400 instead of 1000 netting me about 200hp more per dimate. plus when massive hunter is going its pretty much god mode. this also lets you revive people without being interrupted, so you can be of greater help in ultimate, netting you extra fun scratches, all while having full fury:

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008

first hit on ranger and max flash and bit of tech guard on hunter are my personal choices since first hit is sweet for soloing with mobs with divine launcher or cluster bullet and guards afford me to be lazy, but those can be thrown out for other things with little effect.
    Last edited by illidelph; Dec 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM.