Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    In terms of just numbers, it is. Since the correction was purely about what kind of numbers a PA dishes out, the only relevant thing to bring up was the numbers. Obviously, Addition Bullet is a great PA. Damage isn't the only factor for that. But those other factors don't say how much damage it does. And its damage is pretty low compared to every other GS PA.
    Right, but if you want to compare Slash Rave to Addbullet, you obviously need to consider it from a dps standpoint, not just which has bigger numbers which I know you know, just wanted to state it to be explicit. I guess I just didn't see the point to discussing pure damage numbers when dps is the relevant quantity.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Right, but if you want to compare Slash Rave to Addbullet, you obviously need to consider it from a dps standpoint, not just which has bigger numbers which I know you know, just wanted to state it to be explicit. I guess I just didn't see the point to discussing pure damage numbers when dps is the relevant quantity.
    It's impossible to compare DPS with the way I have the ratings set up. You can't compare the DPS of the ranged portion of Slash Rave with the DPS of Addition Bullet because that would be flat-out ignoring the damage that the striking portion does. That's why I also have a speed rating. You can see how much damage the PA does, and how fast it does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Could just split up DPS by striking or ranged.

Total Power:
    Additional Bullet's total Power/Time: 698%/s
    Slash Rave's total Power/Time: 1,210%/s

Striking Portion:
    Additional Bullet: 698%/s * 25% = 174.5%/s
    Slash Rave: 1210%/s*55% = 665.5%/s

Ranged Portion:
    Additional Bullet: 698%/s*75% = 523.5%/s
    Slash Rave: 1210%/s*45% = 544.5%/s

Now you have values that you can multiply attack with, apply specific striking/ranged multipliers on for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Unfortunately, information regarding how long each PA takes to execute and JA timing isn't available as far as I'm aware, otherwise I would have calculated DPS in addition to providing flat damage numbers. So this is pretty much the best I can do. I don't do anything more than spread information already available, actually finding things like that is too much work.

But uh, looks like Walkure already had that covered, and it indicates Slash Rave is better DPS for striking, ranged, and combined damage. Maybe I should have looked at his melee PA thread, thought GS was excluded for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Unfortunately, information regarding how long each PA takes to execute and JA timing isn't available as far as I'm aware, otherwise I would have calculated DPS in addition to providing flat damage numbers. So this is pretty much the best I can do. I don't do anything more than spread information already available, actually finding things like that is too much work.

But uh, looks like Walkure already had that covered, and it indicates Slash Rave is better DPS for striking, ranged, and combined damage. Maybe I should have looked at his melee PA thread, thought GS was excluded for whatever reason.
    Actually there's this image taken from Walkure's thread:
    Spoiler!

So he did do at least some of the work we're trying to figure out.

Yeah I thought Walkure had just melee weapons and not Gunslashes for whatever reason. Should have double checked.

Well, I could calculate DPS easily with this factoring in striking/ranged differences for each of the suggested class combos, but I think it'd really be more appropriate to ask for permission first.

Kreigenslag and Thrillsplosion aren't accurate though, Kreigenslag does 48% of its notation at best, and Thrillsplosion does 20% more of its notation than stated. Think that should be pointed out.

I recorded all orange-weapon PAs. Knock yourself out, but I should really note some of the crudities/flaws of it I still haven't got around to fixing:

It's mostly melee-focused (I adjusted power/time and power/PP on the chart around expected attack values for each weapon on a standard Fighter build). It's a little bit more muddling for Gunslash in particular since it has split S-R attack and that doesn't reflect properly. For total accuracy I'd go back and change that, but with the L17 disc boosts to other melee weapons, and gear skills for Fighter weapons, I lost most of my interest in melee gunslash.

Right now I'm considering just phasing out L16, and including unadjusted power/time and whatnot and have the attack-adjusted comparisons as a pseudo-DPS number to lower confusion a bit. Those are shown in each weapon's tab on the sheet, but not on the tables as of right now.
    Last edited by Walkure; Dec 24, 2014 at 04:07 AM.

i am interested in that crit build

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    DPS time. Gonna use level 16 for this since the improvements for 17 are minimal and Slash Rave's DPS for level 17 is missing.

Corrections are as follows:

Kreigenslag: 48% of notation
    Thrillsplosion: 120% of notation

Kreigenslag = 552 damage/s
    Thrillsplosion = 777 damage/s

Striking damage:

Serpent Air: 1,117/s
    Tri-Impact: 965/s
    Rage Dance: 629.2/s
    Slash Rave: 596.7/s
    Ein Raketen: 522/s
    Regenslag: 290.4/s
    Kreigenslag: 276/s
    Addition Bullet: 166/s
    Thrillsplosion: 0/s
    Aiming Shot: 0/s

Ranged damage:

Thrillsplosion: 777/s
    Aiming Shot: 650/s
    Ein Raketen: 522/s
    Slash Rave: 508.3/s
    Addition Bullet: 498/s
    Rage Dance: 338.8/s
    Kreigenslag: 276/s
    Regenslag: 237.6/s
    Serpent Air: 0/s
    Tri-Impact: 0/s

Total damage:

Serpent Air: 1,117/s (1,117/s striking)
    Slash Rave: 1,105/s (596.7/s striking, 508.3/s ranged)
    Ein Raketen: 1,044/s (522/s striking, 522/s ranged)
    Rage Dance: 968/s (629.2/s striking, 338.8/s ranged)
    Tri-Impact: 965/s (965/s striking)
    Thrillsplosion: 777/s (777/s ranged)
    Addition Bullet: 664/s (166/s striking, 498/s ranged)
    Aiming Shot: 650/s (650/s ranged)
    Kreigenslag: 552/s (276/s striking, 276/s ranged)
    Regenslag: 528/s (290.4/s striking, 237.6/s ranged)

Serpent Air has best DPS for striking damage, Thrillsplosion has best DPS for ranged damage, Slash Rave is the most PP efficient. Since Addition Bullet's kick is basically worthless but holds 25% of its total damage, AB has the worst unweighted DPS among all GS PAs, and is least PP efficient too.

I can weigh damage by build, but that'll probably need another post so it's easier to read, and not all that sure it'll even be that necessary.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Sorry about neglecting this guide, I've been caught up with holidays and such, busier than I expected to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO