Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anyone play PSO2 on their Macbook ?

Hi everyone,

I just got my Macbook Pro from one of my friend for a cheap price. It has nice specs and all: i7-3720QM and Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce GT650M ( non retina ). Currently have Windows installed via Bootcamp. I was afraid of seeing my Macbook overheat then shutdown while playing PSO2 so I came here to ask for advice.

Thanks in advance

Time to open it up, clean it and re-apply the thermal paste.

True that it might need a full maintainance, but I'm sure that there's somebody in our forum who plays PSO2 on Macbooks right ? And due to Macbook's crappy firmware ( blame Tim Cook here ) it doesn't have Intel HD4000 in Windows, which is why the GT 650M heats up quick, am I right ?

Quote Originally Posted by vusun123 View Post
    True that it might need a full maintainance, but I'm sure that there's somebody in our forum who plays PSO2 on Macbooks right ? And due to Macbook's crappy firmware ( blame Tim Cook here ) it doesn't have Intel HD4000 in Windows, which is why the GT 650M heats up quick, am I right ?
    I used to play PSO2 on my macbook pro 2011 entry level model. It worked as good as I wanted it to. Can't crank the settings up but it's playable through bootcamp. Intel HD4000
    Can't we all just get along?

Pso2 is quite bad in a sense that it utilises all of your gpu resources, so make sure to limit your frame rate in the settings, especially if you are gaming it on a notebooks/laptop.
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)

just ajust your graphics settings so it dosent overheat your system.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Re-apply the thermal paste is a good idea too. But in fact, i7 processor makes too much heat because turbo boost will be on all the time, especially in lobby if you have maxed number of characaters. You can make the computer cooler simply by putting 99% in power setting to stop the turbo boost. On windows 7 : Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Power Options - Change plan settings (current one) - Change advanced power settings - Processor power management - Maximum processor state - Set to 99%.

You can go down to 55% but loading time will be longer if you have a SSD. In game performance will be the same though. Depends on the room temperature 75-85% is good enough. 650m is powerfull enough to handle the game at max details.

Is 2.7Ghz even enough to play PSO2 ? I don't need flashy graphics so might use 2/5 setting, 60FPS with 1280x720 res, does that sound good ?

Play PSO2 on a PC!

PC Gaming Master Race!

Mac's are just retardedly overpriced PC's.

Hi everyone,

I just got my Macbook Pro from one of my friend for a cheap price. It has nice specs and all: i7-3720QM and Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce GT650M ( non retina ). Currently have Windows installed via Bootcamp. I was afraid of seeing my Macbook overheat then shutdown while playing PSO2 so I came here to ask for advice.

Thanks in advance
    Wait, have you tried to play it yet? Or you're assuming pso2 will overheat your macbook by playing?
    Can't we all just get along?