Page 26 of 97 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676 ... LastLast

Hey fellow Rangers,

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, still kinda new here.

I have a dumb theoretical question that is almost impossible to duplicate in-game but would a Red Scorpio with pot 3 (+400RATK) on at ALL TIMES, output higher damage than a 13* launcher?

Does the 400 RATK translate to like a permanent~1500-1600RATK (assuming 1150avg RATK on the Red Scorpio) on the Red Scorpio? Is it comparable to the 13* Xie Launcher at +10?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inconvenient View Post
    Hey fellow Rangers,

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, still kinda new here.

I have a dumb theoretical question that is almost impossible to duplicate in-game but would a Red Scorpio with pot 3 (+400RATK) on at ALL TIMES, output higher damage than a 13* launcher?

Does the 400 RATK translate to like a permanent~1500-1600RATK (assuming 1150avg RATK on the Red Scorpio) on the Red Scorpio? Is it comparable to the 13* Xie Launcher at +10?

Thanks
    no.. xie launcher is stronger at 60 ele 30 ele would just be a more consistent scorpio sorta but at 60 ele it defo beats scorpio even with scorpios potential active

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    it has a stronger satcannon
    Weak Stance is 1.35*1.21=1.6335 as opposed to Fury Stance + JA bonuses' 1.2*1.21*1.21*1.1=1.932612. Hu sub is better in all situations where you use rifle or launcher.

your hu multipliers are quite off. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1x 1.1 x 1.05 x1.05 hunter stuff got nerfed from those 1.2 values a long time ago.
    Last edited by Bellion; Jul 21, 2015 at 07:23 PM.

My bad, was thinking striking for some reason. Still ends up at 1.772 total, though.

You should be getting 1.61. You seem to have an extra x1.1 somewhere.

I'm here looking for Ranger details on the following quest (Far as gear & maybe PA usage)
    - Annihilator's Apparition
    - Winged Border Breaker
    - Profound Invasion [Basically Elder and Luther fight]
    - Just Emergency Quest where a ranger is needed

Far as units go I can either grab saiki or folly set (probably saiki since im getting prem today)
    but other than that I'm lost on rifles lol. It seems the only good rifles are Ares and Ideal. Outside of those i'm confused what people normally use.

on magatsu I'd assume people without 13* rifles would use Flowrain for glorious rain spam but after magatsu's suppressed its better to Satellite Cannon "which Flowrain does not boost"
    Only other boss I question is elder. Never rangered on Elder before.

My last question is are any of the 12* rifles worth getting?
    Ancient Oath rifle is like 14% Damage and so is Satellite cannon rifle
    While Enemy Slayers such as Griz Rifle is 20% Damage to Natives.
    I'm honestly just looking for some rifles that can do Profound invasion,magatsu and LQ.

For Profound invasion i'd just go with Sfera Rain (13% Damage to darkers)
    For Magatsu Flowrain (Glorious rain 20%)
    For LQ Sarce Punisher w/ Ultmate buster on it.

My last question is are any of the 12* rifles worth getting?
    Ancient Oath rifle is like 14% Damage and so is Satellite cannon rifle
    While Enemy Slayers such as Griz Rifle is 20% Damage to Natives.
    I'm honestly just looking for some rifles that can do Profound invasion,magatsu and LQ.
    While I personally use Ideal Rifle, Yozakura Launcher (and embarrassingly, a Vibrace Bow), the Ancient Oath Rifle is probably the best non-13* option - I see quite a few people using it. With Light element and it'll give a flat 14% against Magatsu, Falz, and even Anga (LQ). Probably the most cost-efficient option, since you can't use Satellite Cannon on everything, and having a "rainbow" set of rifles is really expensive. I certainly wouldn't grind and affix a Flowrain just to use against Magatsu, especially if you intend on getting 13*s for Ranger.

I'm here looking for Ranger details on the following quest (Far as gear & maybe PA usage)
    - Annihilator's Apparition
    - Winged Border Breaker
    - Profound Invasion [Basically Elder and Luther fight]
    - Just Emergency Quest where a ranger is needed
    Here's what I do for these EQs, I'm not sure if it's the optimal approach though, If someone knows some better options I'd be happy to hear them! I play both Ra/Hu and Ra/Br. Ra/Br will be listing the alternative options bullet bow offers if you have another Ranger using weak bullets so you don't have to. If you're the only ranger you can't really afford to switch out the Bullet Bow and lose your WBs.

Annihilator's Apparition (aka Magatsu, the giant HP sponge punching bag)
    Ra/Hu : Satellite cannon knees, get onto platform and spam Glorious Rain
    Ra/Br : Chase -> Banish -> Nemesis whatever is WB'd. Throw in a few Master Shots if you have the PP when Magatsu is "frozen"

Winged Border Breaker (Bosses)
    Ra/Hu : Satellite Cannon works on everything (use Massive Hunter to prevent being staggered out of charging, esp vs. Diabo and Gryphon).
    Ra/Br : Chase -> Banish -> Nemesis
    Again, stuff dies so fast it hardly matters, just unload strong PAs on things. I focus on WBing all the breakable parts on Gryphon and using Sat Cannon on the wings and Piercing Shell/Impact Slider on the legs for a full-break.

Profound Invasion (Elder)
    Ra/Hu: Piercing Shell on the arms after WB them. Glorious Rain when he comes up close for the sweeping beam
    Ra/Br: Same as Ra/Hu, unless you want to spam Penetrating Arrow instead. I haven't found good openings for the banish combo.

Profound Invasion (Loser)
    Ra/Hu: Piercing Shell on WB'd parts (arms, shoulders first!). If he's in fast mode and the clock is closed/fogged, WB the clock for the melees, but use piercing shell on his face - always have at least one WB ready for if he gets miraged so the clock can be broken quickly once exposed. When the clock is broken and unfogged, WB and use piercing shell on the clock.
    Ra/Br: Chase -> Banish -> Nemesis on his face when he does horizontal sweeping attacks (since you can float above them with Nemesis) and you don't have to help the MPA break parts to expose the clock for melees, the combo should work on the breakables as well.

Other EQs needing Ra....
    TD3 maybe? - WB stuff like towers walls and planes, collect crystals, ride the AIS when you need to, tag bosses/mobs with uncharged satcan/war cry and lead them away from towers. You're not very efficient at killing Goldradhas and whatnot but you can burn down some bosses with Sat Cannon and/or Bow Banish combos if the AIS are occupied doing other things. TD3 is pretty fluid, mostly depends on how the AIS are doing and you're only really there to plug the gaps when you are a pedestrian.

...not much else comes to mind for "needing weak bullets" really, there aren't that many boss-killing EQs.

I am new. Is the first post still viable? Thanks.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Is the Gal Rifle worth keeping, or should I use it as fodder for Ares Rifle? :V