Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777 ... LastLast

^IMO, fodder. Shame tho, it has super cool-looking skin :v
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

So I am sitting here deciding which subclass to choose (hunter or braver). I actually got started with RA/BR a bit and invested resources into obtaining all-class weapons and PAs.

I really love the assault rifles and really don't care much for the bullet bows. The boss killing is cool, but I assume RA/HU does a decent job as well with diffuse shell and satellite cannon. Plus, I'm used to the time attacks from PSU so RA/HU seems to be more efficient overall (correct me if I am wrong).

Should I just stick with Hunter? I really liked the katanas but I am assuming we don't care for the melee weapons with these RA/HU or RA/BR builds. If that is the case, I am thinking RA/HU.
    Last edited by neilp4453; Aug 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM.
    GT: X xi ReaveR x X

Hunter subclass is a solid choice then. Your general damage is better than Braver, while the weakpoint damage isn't that far behind (if just comparing Rifle and Launcher).

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...0jdoIb0000000j
    In case you want a reference, ^Hunter subclass, with all relevant skills taken. There's still some leftover points, maybe you can level-up Flash Guard for some more defense.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Say I want to take a break from bossing with Assault Rifles and instead use my Launcher on bosses during solo play, what Photon Arts should I be using? I'm assuming crafted Divine Launcher and maybe Cosmo Breaker?

/Hu is better damage, regardless of weakpoints or not. /Br is stronger only under the conditions of charged attacks(Satellite Cannon, custom Divine Launcer, etc.) AND weakpoints.

/Hu allows you to really not give a damn, you can stay still, get hit and shrug it off for the most part with Automate Halfline and Massive Hunter. So, you can get uninterrupted Satellite Cannons unless the enemy hits you with a stun attack. This subclass is better for just general play.

/Br is mainly if you want to go use the bow. It is a better Time Attack class because bows do excel in killing bosses quicker with a small amount of hitpoints(not always, there will be exceptions where it does excel against bosses with high amounts of hp) and katanas are faster for traveling than partizans, also combat finish is capable of killing mobs in SH settings.

Now, regarding the launcher if you really want to boss for the heck of it.
    Zero Distance and Cosmo Breaker, both quite spammable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Now, regarding the launcher if you really want to boss for the heck of it.
    Zero Distance and Cosmo Breaker, both quite spammable.
    Oooh, using Zero Distance during DOs sounds fun. Thanks Bellion.

Hello all rangers,

I'm really new to the game and looking for some I hope easy answers.

Is there any visual indicator for when standing snipe is active? Does the new PA End Attraction cancel standing snipe? Is it worth using? It seems to visually do comparable damage to satellite cannon with a much faster charge time, but I worry the step back both standing and aerial is cancelling standing snipe.

Thanks for reading

Would switching from Ra/Br to Br/Ra to use the ideal bow be worth it? Or would losing the 20% damage from far away from the sharpshooter skill points make it not worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimal View Post
    Hello all rangers,

I'm really new to the game and looking for some I hope easy answers.

Is there any visual indicator for when standing snipe is active? Does the new PA End Attraction cancel standing snipe? Is it worth using? It seems to visually do comparable damage to satellite cannon with a much faster charge time, but I worry the step back both standing and aerial is cancelling standing snipe.

Thanks for reading
    Standing Snipe is checked at the beginning of the PA, after standing still for about one second. Basically, you would need to stop moving and do 1 or 2 normal attacks, and then End Attract will do bonus damage (regardless of moving you backwards). This same idea applies to pretty much every Launcher PA.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer422 View Post
    Would switching from Ra/Br to Br/Ra to use the ideal bow be worth it? Or would losing the 20% damage from far away from the sharpshooter skill points make it not worth it?
    BR/RA is stronger than RA/BR with an Ideal bow, but worse rifle/launcher/gunslash damage. Also no Bullet Keep
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan