Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 428289909192939495 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Maybe it can be better phrased as, "Yes, that is probable, but it's not going to happen, because rng". Even with all factors included, you should never expect it to have the best outcome, especially when it's under 50/50. I mean, look at Dudu.
    Nope, if it worked like that there would be no statistics. If you actually write down outcome for every same % affix you'll actually get Dudu success rate close to that %.

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    Nope, if it worked like that there would be no statistics. If you actually write down outcome for every same % affix you'll actually get Dudu success rate close to that %.
    The problem is that algorithmic random number generators are prone to streaking. A lot of games actually fudge the numbers if a streak goes on too long, but PSO2 doesn't seem to have anything like that in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The problem is that algorithmic random number generators are prone to streaking. A lot of games actually fudge the numbers if a streak goes on too long, but PSO2 doesn't seem to have anything like that in place.
    It doesn't matter in the long run, it's not critical to PSO2. Games limit streaking to avoid situations where player wins or loses by being either very lucky or very unlucky, in PSO2 a few (even few dozen) crits in a row won't let you "win".

^Tell that to my meseta and Ex-Cubes when I visit dudu; it's critical for ME.

I once failed affixing Factor Catalyst 7 times in a row with a 50% affixing rate which was total bullshit; i gave up the game for a week salty as all hell.

Edit:

I meant Factor Catalyst....
    Last edited by Will_2_Power; Jun 25, 2018 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    It doesn't matter in the long run, it's not critical to PSO2. Games limit streaking to avoid situations where player wins or loses by being either very lucky or very unlucky, in PSO2 a few (even few dozen) crits in a row won't let you "win".
    The point is that you can't read crit damage the same as a flat damage bonus. It's not that reliable. If it won't make or break anything to get multiple non-crits in a row over a long period of time at 50% crit rate, then why not just go for something more reliable?

btw, 50% that been mentioned is base critical with critical ring & fury critical
    I have my own party in my team, so I can rely another 20% or 30% critical chance from Te or Bo.
    It just a simple damage boost, not something to be relied on.

Also about affix chance, when upslot to 7s at all 90%, I would guess it's about 47.83% chance of all success, but I never success after 7 tries.

edit:
    The effort of making "critical build" on Ranger is so small that not worth to be called as build. But the benefit still worth to tell.
    5SP on Fury Critical as Ra/Hu, the only sacrifice I made is reduce lv10 Flash Guard 2 to lv5. But in the end, I still have total 40% all resist thanks to my unit.

Not taking Automate because 8x HP Recovery B mag action is enough to replace it. Not as good as Automate but enough to replace it.
    lv1 Iron will is enough for me since only 1 SP left.
    Last edited by Velmoria; Jun 26, 2018 at 01:46 AM. Reason: add more post

Quote Originally Posted by Will_2_Power View Post
    ^Tell that to my meseta and Ex-Cubes when I visit dudu; it's critical for ME.

I once failed affixing Factor Catalyst 7 times in a row with a 50% affixing rate which was total bullshit; i gave up the game for a week salty as all hell.
    Yep, I've made over hundred attempts at cats for my low slot Astral + Ether Factory set, I wrote down every success and fail and the % was close to what was shown, even though for statistics ~100 tries is a very low amount. If you don't write down all your results then all those (lack of) calculations of % mean absolutely nothing because fails have more impact and successes are viewed as granted and soon forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The point is that you can't read crit damage the same as a flat damage bonus. It's not that reliable. If it won't make or break anything to get multiple non-crits in a row over a long period of time at 50% crit rate, then why not just go for something more reliable?
    All that has nothing to do with what I said. Though the crit ranger above gave a good answer.

Where to wb Omega Apprejina?

In the LQ, I just wb the main body/core (for the MPA) and then proceed to Massive Satellite Cannon for a quick kill.

However, other Ra's seem to overwrite my wb in favor of killing the other two auxilliary bodies first (not the main body which is Omega Apprejina, itself), which I think is pointless since it they'll just respawn, and from my experience makes for a longer boss kill.

Does killing the two auxilliary bodies first cause stun on the main body or open up the main body's core?

Something I'm missing?

What are you guys' thoughts? Please do enlighten me.
    Last edited by Will_2_Power; Jul 12, 2018 at 10:12 AM.

In the LQ, I just wb the main body/core (for the MPA) and then proceed to Massive Satellite Cannon for a quick kill.

However, other Ra's seem to overwrite my wb in favor of killing the other two auxilliary bodies first (not the main body which is Omega Apprejina, itself), which I think is pointless since it they'll just respawn, and from my experience makes for a longer boss kill.

Does killing the two auxilliary bodies first cause stun on the main body or open up the main body's core?

Something I'm missing?

Killing the familiars cause a short stun and open her core, similarly to breaking Angel's wings. core hitbox is ridiculously small like Angel too sooo xD.
    As far as LQ go focus on body unless e-trial order requires you to break her parts. If we get some beefier Apprentice (say a lv85 forest version), killing familiars to get breathing room and open core should ultimately make the fight faster (because it's slower until familiar kill then faster, but LQ prentice melts in seconds so you don't get to reap the benefits of part-breaking)

Something I'm missing?

killing her bugs just counts as broken body part. Sometimes that's the task when she spawns. Other than that just attack belly.