Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

I don't think a RA should spam Impact Slider since that gets you closer to the enemies, which would nullify Sharpshooter.

It's more of a Gu/Ra thing to do that while approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    What is the reason to go RA/TE over TE/RA? Bullet Keep and Sharpshooter? Easier equipment? The difference in R-ATK?

I do not play either, but I'd rather have 3:00 S/D in one cast + Shifta Strike and Deband Cut/Toughness than Sharpshooter, especially if the bulk of the gameplay is Zondeel + Diffusing Shell or Comos Breaker.
    I'd definitely miss Bullet Keep, though.
    Like Selphia, Ares Launcher. RaTe at mobbing can only get close to RaBr tier damage if you are abusing Ares for cluster, cosmos, divine > 30k hits un-JA'ed clusters and exploiting Zanverse+sharp shooter on Divine.

RaTe and TeRa are two different things, a RaTe is a TeRa who realize the offensive potential of the ranger and wants to play more aggressively and don't want to be the buff/zondeel slave of the MPA. That implies having an Ares tier launcher/rifle (Ares or rainbow Ancient Oath set, Ideal Rifle).

Want to be the zanverse slave of your MPA: go High Time GuTe
    Want to be the buff bot of your MPA: go TeWhateverTheFuckYouWant
    Want to play a Ranger with bullet keep, have access to all the techs and STILL deal massive damage: go RaTe with a top tier weapon set.

RaTe hits harder than TeRa, period. Ares Launcher being Ra only makes my point even more valid. Then we all can argue about the usefulness of shifta/deband on a MPA scale level, but that has nothing do to with playing a Ranger and people can make their own thread about "I want to be a pink sparkling full support fairy" or some shit that I couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Would Sazarafuel be worth investing if you're spamming Impact Slider, or should I stick with enemy slaying rifles?
    I wouldn't bother. PA boosting latents are great, but it's extremely cost inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    I don't think a RA should spam Impact Slider since that gets you closer to the enemies, which would nullify Sharpshooter.
    I agree that "spamming" IS isn't that great, but getting closer isn't an issue because it lets you combo Diffuse Shell right after the IS kick. You also won't need sharpshooter if you IS to clear leftover trash mobs on your map progression path and you are sure one IS can kill them.

No one should be mindlessly spamming the same PA/Tech. People get efficient at killing when they get aware of their environment and can use the most appropriate option to kill a specific target. People spamming the same PA/Tech are either ignorant, lazy or mentally stick ... or the three at the same time (´・ω・`)

Ordy, please check your fucking attitude, always going on spouting about how your game choices make your some sort of a ranger god, swearing down at everything else, like you're some cool edgy kid and the rest of us don't know any better. What's with this shitty, elitist, "power-gaming only" mentality while proposing to others to level a less than optimal ranger sub in the first place?

If you follow your own logic of only talking about the most op shit in this thread, then you should ONLY be currently talking about Ra/Br Solid Recurve Banish combos onto wb and Ra/Hu's 13* rifle 3rd/4th ja'ed Sat Cannon onto wb. Even a remote whisper of using techer as a sub then, should give you the logical pretence to let people know to never use it, yet you make this exception for yourself and not others. Its ok for YOU to lose some power to gain mobility/techs and whatever else you want by using an unorthodox sub, but if anyone else wants to do it differently than you, you flame them?

Where exactly is Ra/Te a preferred class combo in the first place, huh? Some easy solo SH shit that anyone can demolish with any other class? XH Mobbing EQ's like forest, where other classes have more speed and/or range? You are telling me that you ground all those Angas just to use your Ares launcher with a Ra/Te? Is your taco/exq game hurting that bad that you need techs/13* to do your weekly's?

I sure as hell hope you dont bring your Ra/Te to XH Magatsu, 13's and zanverse or not. Te/Ra's Shifta strike, however, makes 12 people deal 110% damage for 3 minutes (bouncers with break stance anyone?), that already covers any damage lost over not using a 13* and arguably comes close overall to being a better char to have along, even than the nerfed Ra/Br or Ra/Hu. Same goes for any 12 person mpa that stands in the teleporter and waits for a headcount. I'm also willing to bet that half the time when you gloated about how much damage your ranger did in an mpa was with shifta strike on.

You dont like playing support, fine, but ask yourself this: "what is weak bullet?" Newsflash: THE FIRST ICON ON YOUR SIG IS A SUPPORT SKILL!! More damage gets done on your wb by your mpa than you can ever do yourself. Even when you solo, you are still using it to support yourself. So YOU are actually saying: "I want to be a pink sparkling HALF(not full) support fairy."

And what's with this "slave" bullshit? You are a wb slave, hunters are fury slaves, forces are fire slaves... Using your best skills to kill enemies and help others makes you a slave?

You: "RaTe and TeRa are two different things, a RaTe is a TeRa who realize the offensive potential of the ranger and wants to play more aggressively and don't want to be the buff/zondeel slave of the MPA."
    Ok, first of all if they are two different things then why are you comparing them? And second, how can Ra/Te "realize the offensive potential of the ranger and wants to play more aggressively" without the standard fury or weak stance AND having to hang back all the time to proc sharpshooter? Maintaining distance is defensive. How exactly is Ra/Te MORE aggressive than anything else?

Obviously anything with a main-class-only 13* will give any other class combo a run for its money in terms of raw atk, this is nothing new to anyone, yet you stress this point in multiple posts over and over as if people are blind to see your great advice, while forgeting to cover things like weapon speed, sharpshooter distance management and all the other factors that lead to a loss of dps in a ranger build. And what happens to this elitist advice when a multi-class 13* or a rival 12* comes out?

We all love 13's and always plan our endgame around them, but to stupidly oppose any build that does not involve them without providing any numbers or evidence while desperately trying to use lingo to sound cool, only proves your idiocy and short-sightedness.

On the subject of mobbing and Ares launcher: a ranger can always kill a specific mob in one shot with many different weapons/class combos OR will always need 2 or more shots, whether a 13* launcher or not. Example: xh dagan dies to a single full cosmos fired from an Illegal Negro or Ares Launcher, while an xh goldie lives through either one. The amount of times when a 13* will make a clear difference in actual kills vs actual pa's used will be negligible. So if you're gonna have to pull out a rifle and and wb the goldie or sat cannon it, it suddenly doesn't matter what launcher you have, does it? Or in ult, will your Ares launcher make that much of a difference? Or Ares Rifle when anga is resistant to it? Because I guarantee you shifta strike and deband toughness/cut and 30 secs per tick will.

Oh, but wait.. you probably wont even bring your Ra/Te to ult will you? :/ And even if you do it will be shit without the 13* in the first place. Te/Ra can walk around there with its cheap close range 11's just fine though, speeding up Anga kills for everyone, full buffing self and 12 others, spamming wb and discounted diffuse/cosmos/whatever tech with it's cheap matching rainbows. New ult comes out? Sure. Just change colors of your cheap 11* gear and go farm more endgame. When you have all your 13's then drop the reset pass into your final endgame build, while not dreading levelling up techer in the first place.

This 13* trend is getting stupid ridiculous, like you cant be perfectly good and useful without them? I love my Ares Launcher, but lets not kid ourselves, people and skill win the day not some over-inflatted r-atk numbers. THE HARDEST PARTS OF THE GAME ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED AS A TEAM, if you think you can solo xh magatsu with your super 13* build, I laugh at you. Anyone who says that they dont feel better when they see the shifta strike effect and deband toughness bumping them up to over 1000hp in the teleporter before a tough boss, or a wb pasted in the perfect spot is a liar.

Its just lame to see a self-righteous biggot trying to hijack a thread they didnt even create, with their narrow-minded opinions on playstyles they have NEVER TRIED THEMSELVES. Play more classes to broaden your perspective, then give advice, and don't be a dick about it.

I don't get what you're so mad about... the points he made regarding RaTe vs. TeRa are valid. What's the deal with the hate lol

While I agree that illidelph is overreacting, I'm not sure I see what point Ordy is trying to make by saying Ra/Te does more damage than Te/Ra. They're both worse in the personal damage department than Ra/Br, or Ra/Hu, except Ra/Te doesn't have any of the things you worth using use Te for in the first place except wind mastery zanverse I guess. In situations where personal damage is more important than group damage then why would you use EITHER? That is to say, you're going to be weak either way, so why try to buff your own damage to be slightly less mediocre while still using a terrible sub, instead of switching classes and taking advantage of the synergy from group support and debuffing?

Also, Te/Ra still plays like Ra and uses Ra weapons most of the time, so I'm not sure how it isn't relevant to the Ra thread. Or are we gonna go tell the Bo thread not to talk about Fi/Bo anymore?
    Last edited by Kondibon; Apr 11, 2015 at 07:21 AM.

RaTe is used for zondeel + zanverse + PPC/PPR while still otherwise playing Ra the same.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    RaTe is used for zondeel + zanverse + PPC/PPR while still otherwise playing Ra the same.
    Fair enough (I forgot about the PP stuff). Still, they're used for different roles, I don't think it's fair to just say "Ra/Te does more damage and that's that". At least now I can see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Fair enough (I forgot about the PP stuff). Still, they're used for different roles, I don't think it's fair to just say "Ra/Te does more damage and that's that". At least now I can see the appeal.
    Ra/Te has ranger as main class, so main class only skills such as Sharpshooter (which gives a considerable amount of damage) do not take effect if the reverse Te/Ra is taken. Although, on the reverse side, Te/Ra has Shifta Strike which is a main class only skill, though the buff it gives is not as big as Sharpshooter on Ranger main.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    Ra/Te has ranger as main class, so main class only skills such as Sharpshooter (which gives a considerable amount of damage) do not take effect if the reverse Te/Ra is taken. Although, on the reverse side, Te/Ra has Shifta Strike which is a main class only skill, though the buff it gives is not as big as Sharpshooter on Ranger main.
    I already know sharpshooter is main only. My confusion came from the fact that I didn't realize people used Te sub with ranger for the PP skills and control, so it seemed counter intuitive to focus on damage with a sub class that doesn't provide much at all. But now I know. :P