Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast

Yeah, those features are what make it the powerful Time Attack class that it is since it can focus on utility due to not needing huge damage to deal with something like XH mobs/bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by illidelph View Post
    Its just lame to see a self-righteous biggot trying to hijack a thread they didnt even create, with their narrow-minded opinions on playstyles they have NEVER TRIED THEMSELVES.
    What prompted the Ra/Te vs Te/Ra talk:

Quote Originally Posted by ikon View Post
    anyone got a techer skill tree for ra/te?
    Wow. Ordy answers one question and elaborates on the reasons behind the choice and gets accused of hijacking the thread. Nice. You know what? I'm glad Ordy posted because they at least understood the Techer side of things, both for Ra/Te and Te/Ra. Unlike the other people that replied to the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Fair enough (I forgot about the PP stuff). Still, they're used for different roles, I don't think it's fair to just say "Ra/Te does more damage and that's that". At least now I can see the appeal.
    Ordy did affirm that Te/Ra has superior support, it's just that the support is made irrelevant by other Techer players, and the only thing that really matters is Shifta Strike anyway, which every good Techer main has, so most of the time a Te/Ra is pretty irrelevant unless they're really the only Techer main player in the whole MPA.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Wow. Ordy answers one question and elaborates on the reasons behind the choice and gets accused of hijacking the thread. Nice. You know what? I'm glad Ordy posted because they at least understood the Techer side of things, both for Ra/Te and Te/Ra. Unlike the other people that replied to the question.

Incorrect. Please go to page 11 of the thread and read all the posts from the one where Ikon asks for a Ra/Te tree.
    -Ordy gives a Ra/Te tree to Ikon, all is well.
    -My Te/Ra post that follows makes no attempt what-so-ever to compare itself to Ra/Te or any other class combo, except for a brief overall mention of Ra and its common subs in the sharpshooter discussion towards the bottom of the post. Perhaps a bad post placement on my part sure, but there was no way to space the Te/Ra post from a similar looking previous Ra/Te post save waiting an indefinite amount of time.
    -If by that point you didn't like the Te/Ra idea, that's totally fine, its not for most people as I later state, yet after an unrelated cluster bullet question, Ordy attempts to (out of nowhere imo) to correct me on the usefulness of Ra/Te over what he calls "lol_support_lol" which I assume was a remark towards Te/Ra and how its too silly to be in a serious One-Shot Ranger guide, even though the name of the thread specifically states: COMPREHENSIVE guide, comprehensive meaning: "including or dealing with all or nearly all elements or aspects of something."
    -In my following comment I attempt to break down their main similarities and differences and challenge the idea that if we filter the thread with an "op stuff only" mentality then any questions aimed at less-than-optimal subs should be promptly discarded and the question's owner pointed to a different thread. On the other hand if a more comprehensive approach is taken then Te/Ra must have a place in this thread, however small and niche it may be, if only to discuss the merits of having 4wb and shifta strike in 1 char. However I ultimately concede that they are just too different to compare directly and best left on their own terms. I receive no reply to this post and assume that its resolved thus: for those who have Ranger main trees subbing techer would be best and those rarer people with ranger sub trees and r-atk mags could play around with an idea of maining techer.

-At a later date Hrith asked for the reasons a person might choose Ra/Te instead of Te/Ra since on paper techer main skills looked more appealing to him than sharpshooter alone. -The reply was that Ra/Te equips better guns. No argument there, they each do their thing and were never meant to be compared directly remember? But all is well still, no harm done since Hrith specifically said that he doesn't play either combo and so was just analysing both sides' strengths.
    -On page 13, though, Ordy brings the topic back yet again, reiterating the importance of 13's, going right back into directly comparing the two incomparable class combos, leaning heavily on personal Ra/Te preference and again clowning on Te/Ra for being vested in support.

Self-righteousness: is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person. Self-righteous individuals are often intolerant of the opinions and behaviors of others.

Bigot: a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

These two words seemed like the perfect way to describe the tone of Ordy's posts, where any support-oriented class combo or anything else anyone might wish to discuss is the immediate target of unfounded and often profane ridicule, based on nothing more than personal preference of a more numerically damaging ideology. Furthermore instead of clarifying the fundamental differences of the two class combos and squashing this already misguided and fruitless debate, his post goes on to make unrelated(because why are the still comparing them!!) and unproven statements such as: "RaTe hits harder than TeRa, period" Really? 100% of the time? Where is the proof? In any case we are going from many options for any player to play the game and find their favorite playing style, down to 1 option deemed superior by a handful of people who prefer it for personal reasons and unwilling to see the benefits of the other side, going purely on "support is useless, high r-atk is king" point of view. I find this repeated and misplaced targeting of Te/Ra's damage output being compared to an unrelated Ra/Te build enough grounds to call something a hijacking.

One of the definitions of hijacking: take over (something) and use it for a different purpose

Also what is this "Techer side of things" that you and Ordy seem to understand so well that alludes me and any others who don't share your point of view? Where does Ordy give credit to or even mention anything positive about a Te/Ra build or support in general? How is support "made irrelevant by other Techer players"? What if you are the only techer player? What if there is no WB? What if there are WB wars and extas are needed? What about a Techer player with 4wb and full deband skills as well? Since you are not a big proponent of deband skills yourself, does that mean anyone who likes to use or receive them as support is wrong by definition alone? Since these are unknowns isn't there just as much chance for good as bad? What about the positives? The positives that CAN be guaranteed with Te/Ra with certainty and regardless of personal investment are: 4WB, full s/d and zanverse all at most discounted prices all wrapped up in a single mpa member. Whether you see that as useful or not doesn't change the fact that its the only class combo to offer that skill-set. Te/Ra will be relevant with some part of its support most of the time. And why are people ignoring the fact that weak bullet is an mpa support skill as well and working directly with shifta strike? I'm sure we've all heard the saying: "WB is the only real support in PSO2," but support is like a bad word around here.

Its like: most of the good aspects of Te/Ra are brushed under the rug, while its weakest part: its weapons, are being compared to some monster 13* of Ra/Te, a class it was never meant to compete with, that's primarily used for sh tacos...? Yeah maybe you're right and I don't get your techer side of things. And it gets clowned on for being support? What if deband cut/toughness saved you at some crucial point? We just ignore that and it because its not a part of some die-hard dps dogma? If 1 person can almost single-handedly ensure a random mpa success on xh magatsu because they bring every support skill needed to allow everyone else to dps their ass off as well as doing fairly decent damage themselves, this should be shunned instead of discussed or at least be allowed to be mentioned without constant ridicule?

In the pre-shifta-strike days of Ep2 where everything died in 1 pa, yeah sure screw support. But now in XH loser, Magatsu and upcoming ult lilipa where hp and defence gimmicks matter more than ever, and ranged damage is nerfed left and right, we still cant spare a single person to max out on ALL support skills because of the less than a 1/12th loss in overall damage output that shifta strike and extra 4 wb cover up anyways? Besides don't they teleport in photon turrets and let you ride AIS for dps now on almost every significant eq and ult?

I understand if people want to pledge all their resources and time to super-specialized, most-damaging builds ever for each different situation, but to say that everything else plain sucks and people shouldn't have their version of fun by trying different things is just plain lame and imo doesn't belong in a forum where a fact-focused discussion is to take place. You like massive dps at the expense of everything else? Fine! Guess what? I do too. All of my builds are selfish glass cannons. But to shit on something just because you don't like it only invites more shit to come your way.
    Last edited by illidelph; Apr 11, 2015 at 06:30 PM.

The name was cool for this thread, but I think that it was also the reason for it's downfall.

Oh boy...

Spoiler!

usual poppycock
    Absolutely crappy advice. Once again proving your ignorance of PSO2 game mechanics. Aren't you tired of always being wrong and never stopping yapping? Quit, really.

randomass ad hominems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Absolutely crappy advice. Once again proving your ignorance of PSO2 game mechanics. Aren't you tired of always being wrong and never stopping yapping? Quit, really.
    Some things never change

This has been bugging me for a while adios.

My SC on Rodos only does about 250k per hit without team buff. Just shifta drink and shiftaride. Using bio rifle. Your ideal rifle was doing 400k+ per hit. Is the gap between ideal and bio that huge?

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantLegend View Post
    This has been bugging me for a while adios.

My SC on Rodos only does about 250k per hit without team buff. Just shifta drink and shiftaride. Using bio rifle. Your ideal rifle was doing 400k+ per hit. Is the gap between ideal and bio that huge?
    In short, yes. Team buff + weak drink is so cheating for extra damage though... it's like 25% more damage for free over no team buff + shifta EX drink. 140 units + 145 rifle helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    In short, yes. Team buff + weak drink is so cheating for extra damage though... it's like 25% more damage for free over no team buff + shifta EX drink. 140 units + 145 rifle helps too.
    Can you explain what team buff + weak drink is VS no team buff + shifta EX drink?

It would be good to know if there is certain prep I should be doing before quests/boss fights.
    Arkios
    49HU - 58TE - 25FO - 61RA - 44GU - 50BR - 46FI - 29BO