Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

yeah good point, can prolly just grab the highest slotted unit you can get you hands on and reaffix it with your fave stuff, then extend it, thats what makes tian great

Any Weapon Pallette Setups you guys use/suggest?

Mine:
    # - Weapon: M2, Shift + M1, Shift + M2
    (Purpose)

1 - Rifle: Homing Emission, Diffuse Shell, One Point/Piercing Shell
    General Use - mobbing, bossing, whatever. Usually used when I'm trying to rush N/H/VH DOs

2 - Rifle: Satellite Cannon, Parallel Slider, Impact Slider
    Bossing + Mobility - Spamming Sliders to keep moving and rush breakoffs, then Satelite Cannon for burst when boss is in stunned animation

3 - Lawnchair: Cluster Bullet, Cosmo Breaker, Sphere Eraser (considering switching one to Zero distance)
    Mobbing - Cluster Bullet from afar, Cosmo Break for stunlocking trashmobs upclose, Sphere Eraser... something I hardly use since I don't understand how to use it

4 - Bow: Chase Arrow, Banishing Arrow, Final Nemesis
    Bossing.

5 - Empty

6 - Katana: Asagiri Rendan x3
    Simply used for mobility and countering stuff like Vardha's lasers

I'm a RA/HU, so here's mine:
    Rifle
    1. One Point, Impact Slider, Diffuse Shell
    -General mobbing purpose.

2. Piercing Shell, Impact Slider, Satellite Cannon
    -Bossing purpose.

Launcher
    3. Cluster Bullet, Zero Distance, Concentrated One
    -Launcher mobbing purpose.

4. Cosmos Breaker, Divine Launcher, Rodeo Drive(or other PAs)
    -2nd alternative launcher slot. This weapon slot share with another weapon
    (4.) (Bow) Master Shot x3. Edel Io bow enable the usage of this PA only.

Gunslash
    5. Additional Bullet x3
    -Another mobbing purpose, will sometimes use this instead of rifle/launcher when I feel like it.

As for 6th slot:

-Klothov TMG for usage of Elder Rebellion x3
    -Allclass jetboots to use the double jump.
    -Another rifle slot with: Impact Slider, Parallel Slider, Glorious Rain (This rifle palette can also be used on 4th slot if Io's bow is not used. Same with the other two.)

Yeah, I kinda like Impact Slider too much xD
    Suggestion and comment?
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

I don't understand your 4-6 weapon palletes. Might suggest homing emission instead of piercing shell for your 2nd pallette.
    Last edited by InvertedWyvern; Jan 29, 2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: I am bad at quoting multiple times.

^
    For palette 4, it can be switched between Launcher(Cosmos Breaker, Divine Launcher, Rodeo Drive) and 'Edel Io' Bullet Bow (only Master Shot)

Palette 5 is the ol' Gunslash with 3x Additional Bullet

Palette 6 is another for Assault Rifle (still testing what PAs to set), but when I don't want 3rd Rifle palette, I'll set it as TMG (Klothov gun that can use Elder Rebellion only) or an allclass Jetboots.

As for Homing Emission, I had tried it afew times, but still can't get used to it. Most likely because it's not my playstyle. Piercing Shell is there because I can spam it quite many times (got 157PP).
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

I use the following:
    1) SatCannon(or homing emission, piercing shell as needed) / Diffuse / Impact (HE for altar TA only)
    2) Addbullet/ Addbullet/ Addbullet
    3) Cluster / Divine (or cosmos) / Rodeo
    4) dashing tool
    5) Assault Buster / Assault Buster / Assault Buster or Thrillersplode / Thrillersplode / Thrillersplode
    6) secondary rifle (or bow)

ra/hu:

1. experimental launcher/omen gunslash
    2. regular/non-darker launcher
    3. anti-darker/td launcher
    4. experimental rifle/gunslash
    5. mobbing rifle
    6. bossing rifle

ra/br:

1. mobbing bow/gunslash
    2. regular/non-darker launcher
    3. anti-darker/td launcher
    4. bossing bow
    5. mobbing rifle
    6. bossing rifle

this was mainly made so that 3 and 6 end up closest to my mouse on the 10-key pad that i can switch to them the fastest if boss comes out and that 1 and 4 end up furthest as they are experimental. i've only recently started bossing with a bow so to me its still an "experimental" type of wep and so far its been ok, but kind of hectic during wb-banish-nemesis combo when i have to wb, turn on rapid shoot, chase 3 times then just attack banish and nemesis if i wanna go for broke, so i might redesign the ra/br palette to move bows closer to the 3 and 6 slots.

as far as the pa's themselves go i just pick the most used pa for that palette's role and put it on right click, then 2nd most used goes on shift+right click and 3rd most used on shift+left click, exception being banish arrow and final nemesis since i would hate to mess them up from miss-timing shift so i just put nem on shift+left and banish on shift+right, chase taking regular right click.

for launcher try divine launcher and concentrate one, its little brother, they are really nice for just attacking and/or landing weak hits with, like headshots in zoom mode. cosmos is always nice to just attack out of roll dive shoot and sphere eraser is good if you can get the right height for it by either jumping or z-aiming for their weakspots. best sphere eraser ive seen was this dude who jumped up to goldie mouth height during td3 and let out the nastiest weak hit eraser ever, must have killed a whole sh goldie wave. ive also had some pretty sweet times blasting anga's wb'ed core in ult with eraser once it became rifle resistant. key is to have a weak spot and lots of pp going and always just attack it

zero distance is tricky i think it would probably be pretty kick-ass in a specific gu/ra point-blank zero effort potential build since it automatically negates sharpshooter and better does with point-blank damage boosting skills

also since this is kind of the official ranger thread these days, what's your guys thoughts on sharpshooter in terms of killing bonus? more and more im finding myself curious about taking points out of it and moving snipe and putting them into r-atk up2 since i feel like if im using sharpshooter's range im automatically negating myself killing bonus, especially in solo scenarios. just seems like its better to commit to either always getting sharpshooter and making sure to always keep distance and use grenades and ketos proi to get pp back or always close the gap and take as many point-blank boosting skills as you can, making gu/ra with high time, zero distance skills and zero effort potentials the better option for point-blank r-atking, thus making pa's like diffuse shell, zero distance and others really hard hitting

i know someone already mentioned dropping killing bonus for r-atk and loving it, but i was wondering if anyone else had thought on this? thanks
    credit to Ordy for thinking of it first on this board, i'm just wondering of doing this beyond red scorpio

also moving snipe? thought on this skill in relation to standing snipe? tried to read google translation of jp wiki and it seemed vague on the interplay between these two, especially since there was a moving snipe bug that was fixed or whatever? anyone know more on this?
    Last edited by illidelph; Jan 31, 2015 at 06:01 PM.

I didn't find the 5% worth it due to the clashing skills. The 5% sounds good, but it would only work with Diffuse Shell, Piercing Shell, and Homing Emission
    for how I play, which the 5% doesn't even matter. Most things on SH will die to one PA with or without it, so minds well skip it. Killing bonus is nice,
    but I rather get by without it and throw points into R atk up for bossing then something that is "mob only". People depend on us Rangers for bosses, not
    mobs anyways. It is good for TAs and small trash if you feel like you need that kind of pp regen, but tactics trap is better imo.

Is the new 12 star bow worth using as Ra/Hu?

i dont think you would get to use bow pa's as ra/hu since you would need braver as main or sub for that

for moving snipe i was thinking more for impact slider onto wb for breaking boss parts and cosmos roll out spamming, but either way you're right 5% is not worth it when that will get us r-atk up2. in general too ive noticed that rangers finish with a little less total r-atk than say fi/hu or fo/te in their respective total s-atk and t-atk, meaning that static boosts go a little further for rangers, which would explain why red scorpio with its massive 400 static r-atk is so hard to beat. since at lower r-atk values that 400 amounts to a higher % than most other % damage potentials can do.
    Last edited by illidelph; Jan 31, 2015 at 08:28 PM.